2013-2014 Schedule

Old
07-21-2013, 01:25 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I believe he could play a solid third line, but he isn't a fourth line player. The roster committee is even keen on getting Abdelkader in there as a fourth line role player. I think everyone can agree Pominville>Adbedkader. Its just a matter of what they see his role as, and whether or not he can fulfill it. Kevin Allen of the USA Today, who I think does a pretty respectable job, predicts him to be an extra forward.

Also, interesting to note that in the USA Olympic camp they won't be having any on-ice practices because it would cost too much to insure the players.

EDIT: Since this is the Schedule thread:

BACK TO BACK GAMES AND TOTAL MILES

Not down by much, but every little bit helps. No late games is the big part, as previously stated.
The miles for us didn't change much due to more games vs the east. The travel did get easier though as traveling east is easier on the body.

Also of note, the Wild are middle of the pack now in miles traveled instead of most in the league.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:52 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rn2beWild View Post
How many afternoon games they will play next season? Better to watch in Finland.. Wild had 1-2 afternoon games last season

Edit:

SAT NOV 23, 2013
MINNESOTA
WINNIPEG
3:00 PM ET

SAT MAR 22, 2014
DETROIT
MINNESOTA
2:00 PM ET
Throw in a few 5 p.m. CT starts as well. Black Friday and New Year's Eve are two that come to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
The miles for us didn't change much due to more games vs the east. The travel did get easier though as traveling east is easier on the body.

Also of note, the Wild are middle of the pack now in miles traveled instead of most in the league.
Plus there are fewer trips through customs. The fact that the outlier for Minnesota in the Central, Dallas, is a closer flight than Calgary (the second-closest NW Division opponent), in the same time zone and doesn't require customs is enough to be pro-realignment.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

It just seems like we have a large amount of Away trips and home stands rather than going away for one or home for one. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagHead View Post
I hope you aren't getting the wrong idea and think I'm trying to start ****, because I most certainly am not, but a guy like Abdelkader is a pipe dream on team USA. Honestly, in a wide open ice surface like they'll see in Russia, I'd take Pominvile and about 50 other Americans over Abdelkader every day. I'd take Zucker over Abdelkader, and Zucker holds no chance. I don't disbelieve your claim of what the roster committee is thinking, I just think that if they act upon it, it'll turn out poorly.

Whatever though, I'll continue talking team USA in the team USA thread here.
Don't be shocked if he gets picked. I don't think hes in the top of US players, but hes a solid roll player

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:29 AM
Gaps

Quote:

Traveling east is easier on the body? I don't know about that. I find that the jet lag when traveling east is much worse than when traveling west (but I'm talking about a 7-hour time difference, not 1 or 2 hours).

Either way, I like the realignment for the Wild.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:36 AM
Jagged Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Traveling east is easier on the body? I don't know about that. I find that the jet lag when traveling east is much worse than when traveling west (but I'm talking about a 7-hour time difference, not 1 or 2 hours).

I think Talon is implying the east is one time zone difference vs. two against most of the West.

Jagged Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Also, you play an hour earlier in your day instead of two hours later. Thus for NHL purposes, yes east is easier on the body.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:31 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
That happens when you have to compress the schedule for the Olympics.
I listened to an interview with Bill Daly and he said that, rather than compress the schedule, they added around a week on both the front and back ends to account for the Olympic break.

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:03 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

cant wait to see east teams again. i'd really like to see tampa in person this year, with drouin just feeding to stamkos all day

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote