HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 Offseason: Free Agent & Trade Talk v.11 - Officially Open for Business. Woo.

Closed Thread

Old
06-14-2014, 10:24 AM
SprDaVE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewave View Post
Standing pat.

JVR Bozak Kessel
Moulson Kadri Callahan
D'Amigo Holland Cammy
Ashton Mc d'Amigo

42m aprox. Work some magic with the FA and Clarkson
Not sure I would sign 3 wingers.

Cammalleri would be all right to replace Lupul if we can package him for an upgrade on defence. Moulson would also be interesting.

I do not want Callahan.

Old
06-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Daisy Joy
Little Ms SassyLeaf

not for 6 million, 6 years anyway.

Old
06-14-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
ROR for JVR is a start, but why just stop there? Not enough change IMO if you're going to do that.
Ideally, I'd like to leave Lupul to play with Kessel then trade him partway through the season or next off-season after he's scored 30 goals and 60+ points.

I wouldn't mind trying to trade Kadri for a winger or solid d-man. I don't know who we'd find as a trading partner but I'm sure we could get a good young player for him. I think ROR-Bozak-Holland-McClement would be fine up the middle. The first two guys are good all around players; Holland is developing and suited fine for a third-line role; and McClement is a great fourth liner.

My only hesitation with trading Kadri would be that it would have to be for a player of equal age and skill. I wouldn't do it for a shutdown d-man.

I also think that we need to add some size up front. I wouldn't mind inquiring about guys like Neiderreiter, Berglund, or other players who people seem to think haven't lived up to their potential but have size and skill. I wouldn't expect the player to be a star but to be someone who can put up 40 points and bring some size to the line-up.

Likewise, if you're we're dealing with Colorado, I'd try to get PAP thrown into a deal. From what I've read he seems to be heading out of the door. JVR+Franson for ROR+PAP or something along those lines. It would make trading Lupul much easier as well as Lupul is brutal defensively, so PAP can't really hurt as any more than Lupul did in that category.

edit: Just realized PAP was mentioned on the last page. I've been thinking the same thing for a while. Colorado wants him gone; we want Franson gone; we could use another skilled forward; Colorado could use another d-man: it seems like a good deal for both teams. Both players are flawed but will help their new teams more than they'd help their old ones.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:02 AM
91Stammer

What will be the next contract range of Deniel Alfredson, Matt Moulson, Jarome Iginla, and Thomas Vanek.

Old
06-14-2014, 11:15 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
Ideally, I'd like to leave Lupul to play with Kessel then trade him partway through the season or next off-season after he's scored 30 goals and 60+ points.

I wouldn't mind trying to trade Kadri for a winger or solid d-man. I don't know who we'd find as a trading partner but I'm sure we could get a good young player for him. I think ROR-Bozak-Holland-McClement would be fine up the middle. The first two guys are good all around players; Holland is developing and suited fine for a third-line role; and McClement is a great fourth liner.

My only hesitation with trading Kadri would be that it would have to be for a player of equal age and skill. I wouldn't do it for a shutdown d-man.

I also think that we need to add some size up front. I wouldn't mind inquiring about guys like Neiderreiter, Berglund, or other players who people seem to think haven't lived up to their potential but have size and skill. I wouldn't expect the player to be a star but to be someone who can put up 40 points and bring some size to the line-up.

Likewise, if you're we're dealing with Colorado, I'd try to get PAP thrown into a deal. From what I've read he seems to be heading out of the door. JVR+Franson for ROR+PAP or something along those lines. It would make trading Lupul much easier as well as Lupul is brutal defensively, so PAP can't really hurt as any more than Lupul did in that category.

edit: Just realized PAP was mentioned on the last page. I've been thinking the same thing for a while. Colorado wants him gone; we want Franson gone; we could use another skilled forward; Colorado could use another d-man: it seems like a good deal for both teams. Both players are flawed but will help their new teams more than they'd help their old ones.
I see... I think names like Josi and Shattenkirk have been pushed around for Kadri deals. I'd also look to add a Neiderreiter but I sincerely doubt Minnesota looks to move him now after how good he looked in the post-season. Berglund is also an appealing target but my hat's on him going the other way in a deal for Spezza.

Funny - glad there's more than one of us on the PAP option!

Old
06-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Stammer View Post
What will be the next contract range of Deniel Alfredson, Matt Moulson, Jarome Iginla, and Thomas Vanek.
Too rich for our blood, and at least 2 of them wouldn't even consider us. Should bother us the other two would

Old
06-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
Could Daniel Alfredsson be a fit here?

We have a whole at #2RW, Nonis has been talking about wanting to bring in some veteran leadership to the team, and Alffy likely wouldn't be too expensive.

What do you think? I would throw in Iggy as well, but reports indicate he will be back in Boston

Old
06-14-2014, 11:44 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post
Could Daniel Alfredsson be a fit here?

We have a whole at #2RW, Nonis has been talking about wanting to bring in some veteran leadership to the team, and Alffy likely wouldn't be too expensive.

What do you think? I would throw in Iggy as well, but reports indicate he will be back in Boston
Puke. Never in a leaf uni. Ever.

Closed Thread