HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2014 - 15 Season

Old
09-11-2014, 06:00 AM
Big Bear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofus View Post
Lets put it this way Big Bear, Your team is in a fight for a playoff spot or your team is in the playoffs. The big club calls and needs their 5 players (using your numbers) the day you have your important game, this 5 players are more then likely your top end players.Bang now yor scambling to call up APs to replace your top end players,not much of a chance to win your importanted game. This a owners,GM,coaches nightmare for their team,but the big team is in CONTROL and your team is just thier *****. NO CONTROL OF YOUR OWN FRANCHISE,your money or your on ice product and bye bye fans.
The other area of no control is at rooster cut down dates in Dec and Jan, you cant sign or trade for players because the big club might needs spots to maybe send players down to your team. Opps no players sent down, trade deadline as passed and you are sitting there with open cards. No control again !!!
IMO if the new CCHL 2 is a go the CCHL teams should own their farm teams in the new CCHL 2 league,because no owner in their right mind would someone else in control of their on ice product, which directly corresponds to the money in their pockets
Just so your up to date 5 Ap players could be on a CCHL 2 league team and would be used by the big club, 5 other AP players could be used on a permission basis and thed rest would be under regular AP rules from what I have been told.
All EOJHL owners know that CCHL teams take AP players whenever they want, the EOJHL owners hands are tied. If you try and block a AP from going up to the CCHL team, you have just black balled your chances of getting top end players sent down to your team on rooster cut down dates. I know this first hand, they dont care if your team is in a game 7 of a playoff series, they need a player and their taking that player.
Try losing your number one goalie in a game 7, then look me in the eyes and say the lower team is IN CONTROL. The result of this would be:
Game 7 loss,season OVER and income to run team gone. I say again
IMO if the new CCHL 2 is a go the CCHL teams should own their farm teams in the new CCHL 2 league

Its going to be along guessing game for you: NO I'm not involved with Brockville

Apploigize for the late response but its that hockey busy time of the year
Roofus once again you have been miss informed as each team is allowed to a max of 5 spots and those spots are classified in 3 levels and level 1 is allowed to go whenever and only has 2 spots as well your theory about playoffs goes up in smoke because those JrA teams still have to follow HKY CAN AP's rules which is a max of 10.... so how is your theory working out for ya now????? Your source isn't a very reliable source or your only listening to what you want too? IMO

Big Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2014, 09:16 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Metro/Valley Opening Weekend Predictions

With the Arnprior Packers defeating Ottawa West 6-5 tonight the pre-season is over and the Regular season is only hours away.

Perth hosts Renfrew tomorrow night to get things started.

Saturday is the Opening Showcase in Renfrew:

Arnprior Packers Vs Ottawa Canadians - 9:30am
Gatineau Mustangs Vs Almonte Thunder - 12:00pm
Ottawa West Golden Knights Vs Stittsville Rams - 2:30pm
Clarence Beavers Vs Perth Blue Wings - 5:00pm
Metcalfe Jets Vs Renfrew Timberwolves - 7:30pm

Who's got predictions for both divisions for this season? Lets hear it.

SNM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Big Bear

For this Weekend I predict the following
Ottawa
Gatineau
Ottawa West
Clarence
Renfrew

Old
09-12-2014, 03:23 AM
Big Bear

2014 Predictions

Let's have some fun Predict in order the 2 divisions
Metro: Ottawa, Ottawa West, Clarence, Gatineau, Metcalfe

Valley: Renfrew, Arnprior, Shawville, Stittsville, Perth, Almonte

Old
09-12-2014, 08:00 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Let's have some fun Predict in order the 2 divisions
Metro: Ottawa, Ottawa West, Clarence, Gatineau, Metcalfe

Valley: Renfrew, Arnprior, Shawville, Stittsville, Perth, Almonte

Metrro, Ottawa West, Ottawa, Gatineau, Clarence, Metcalfe
Valley: Arnprior, Renfrew, Perth, Stittsville, Shawville, Almonte.

valleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2014, 05:32 PM
EOJHLinsider

EOJHL showcase

Did you guy go to the showcase yesterday? I miss the OJC game, it was too early. Both Gatineau was alone in the ice on the second game. Almonte looks like midget on ice. They need to makes some trade, or maybe a miracle if they want to have a great year. Second, WTF Stittsville? They forgot their jersey at home, so they needs to play with Renfrew's jersey! What a Fking shame!!! This "new" teams really looks like a joke. One against this year Metro will burn Valley all year long. as i see, Gatineau and OJC are the best team for now.

EOJHLinsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2014, 06:51 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOJHLinsider View Post
Did you guy go to the showcase yesterday? I miss the OJC game, it was too early. Both Gatineau was alone in the ice on the second game. Almonte looks like midget on ice. They need to makes some trade, or maybe a miracle if they want to have a great year. Second, WTF Stittsville? They forgot their jersey at home, so they needs to play with Renfrew's jersey! What a Fking shame!!! This "new" teams really looks like a joke. One against this year Metro will burn Valley all year long. as i see, Gatineau and OJC are the best team for now.
Heard Gatineau is back to their old ways of making a joke of the league. Guess they were skating by Almontes bench and laughing at them after goals. Stitt go their jerseys in the 3rd and completely outplayed OW and nearly beat them. Perth was in the game till the quick three goals at the start of the second or they may have had a chance on keeping it close. Renfrew is a solid team again and will probably take the valley pretty easily this year, and they still have a OA card to use up. If Perth does not pick it up I could see Barr heading over their.

hockey91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2014, 07:41 PM
2pp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Heard Gatineau is back to their old ways of making a joke of the league. Guess they were skating by Almontes bench and laughing at them after goals. Stitt go their jerseys in the 3rd and completely outplayed OW and nearly beat them. Perth was in the game till the quick three goals at the start of the second or they may have had a chance on keeping it close. Renfrew is a solid team again and will probably take the valley pretty easily this year, and they still have a OA card to use up. If Perth does not pick it up I could see Barr heading over their.
For the love of god guys, the teams have only played one game so far. Someone is jumping all over the Metro vs. Valley divisions and how the Metro will dominate. It's only been 1 game. At least give it until December before we start debating the same old talk as every other year.....lol

Won't comment on the Stittsville fiasco all that much ......oops, I guess I just did slightly....lol.

Almonte is going to have issues since they decided to offload many of their top players unless they know there are players coming soon from somewhere.

Teams will make adjustments and hopefully by the end of the year there will be more parity in the division and in the league.

Last edited by 2pp: 09-14-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Changed some wording
2pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2014, 07:52 PM
TradedTwice

Quote:
Do not count out Clarence and OWGK, both clubs have a lot of veteran leadership. Gatineau does not have a Robinson in the line up to dictate the play, OJC does not have the depth to be a contender, good players no smart's. Metcalfe will have a hard working group.

The Stittsville Rams are LOADED, they will be the class of the Valley, with Renfrew right there as well. Arnprior will be hard to play against, especially with the new goaltender. Almonte is a mix of young and old, they will work hard. Perth will be a team that struggles, and Shawville is too busy whining to form a team.

TradedTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Bobby Clarke
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradedTwice View Post
Do not count out Clarence and OWGK, both clubs have a lot of veteran leadership. Gatineau does not have a Robinson in the line up to dictate the play, OJC does not have the depth to be a contender, good players no smart's. Metcalfe will have a hard working group.

The Stittsville Rams are LOADED, they will be the class of the Valley, with Renfrew right there as well. Arnprior will be hard to play against, especially with the new goaltender. Almonte is a mix of young and old, they will work hard. Perth will be a team that struggles, and Shawville is too busy whining to form a team.
The Rams should finish atop the valley with there talent, Renfrew is always good and are pissed after last years loss to Almonte, Arnprior is still young but have four 21 year olds to help so who knows with them. The other 3 teams should battle for the final playoff spot.

Bobby Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 11:49 AM
OTownApologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
Gatineau did nothing like that. There was standard stuff that would happen in front of the net, but it was all because players were crashing both nets hard. If anything, Almonte was trying to start stuff because they weren't happy they were losing big.

OTownApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 12:40 PM
EOJHLinsider

I don't understand why you said Gatineau making joke of the league. I was at the game and they did nothing wrong, except Bonneville at the end of the game when they rush the goaltender. this is thing that happens and Bonneville is not the greatest skater of the league... Maybe they loose Robinson bot they still have Proulx and this young kid, #55 don't know is name, looks great as well!

OW and Clarence always have a good team, year after year they find the way to be competitive. When i said that OJC and Gatineau seams like best teams it was just my opinion. It's impossible to judge a team after only one game. We gonna have a better idea on tuesday when Gatineau is at Sandy Hill to face OJC.

Old
09-16-2014, 08:43 PM
kiekkoilla
Rookie User

Quote:
... We gonna have a better idea on tuesday when Gatineau is at Sandy Hill to face OJC.
OJC just beat Gatineau 7-1. What does that say?

I still think it's still too early, but I cannot deny that OJC is rolling early.

kiekkoilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 09:34 PM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiekkoilla View Post
OJC just beat Gatineau 7-1. What does that say?

I still think it's still too early, but I cannot deny that OJC is rolling early.
7-1 scores aren't flukes. Big win.

SNM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2014, 12:16 AM
bartsky

OJC definitely have some very strong OAs, which will help now and towards the end of the season. They'll be tough to stop.

bartsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2014, 09:22 AM
EOJHLinsider

It's clear that OJC got a very strong and big team but Gatineau dominate the first period. I think this hi score is not really representative of what the Mustangs are able to. Because every one who came at the game see it, before Gatineau start taking way to many penalties they was always first on puck and hit every thing that move. But clearly OJC is one step over them.

Old
09-18-2014, 09:30 AM
xcross

2014 Predictions

Metro division

1. Ottawa Canadians
2. Clarence
3. OWGK
4. Gatineau
5. Metcalfe

Valley

1. Renfrew
2. Stittsville
3. Arnprior
4. Almonte
5. Perth
6. Shawville

Valley Division 4th to 6th is will be a toss up again.

xcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:31 AM
90 blues

I went to the Perth - Rams game last night. Perth needs help. What did Perth get in trades for the Rodier deal. Not seeing much to help out there.

90 blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:32 AM
TradedTwice

Who are all the big guys running the organizations this year? Which team has made the most changes? I know Stittsville is really strong( guess being a Valley guy I have that impression). Just great having good local hockey back, love this time of year.

Old
Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross View Post
Metro division

1. Ottawa Canadians
2. Clarence
3. OWGK
4. Gatineau
5. Metcalfe

Valley

1. Renfrew
2. Stittsville
3. Arnprior
4. Almonte
5. Perth
6. Shawville

Valley Division 4th to 6th is will be a toss up again.
The Canadians look to be the heavy favourite to take it all this year IMO

Rangersfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 03:20 PM
90 blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
The Canadians look to be the heavy favourite to take it all this year IMO
Canadians for sure. in the valley Rams if the owner keeps out of it.

90 blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:10 PM
backrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 blues View Post
I went to the Perth - Rams game last night. Perth needs help. What did Perth get in trades for the Rodier deal. Not seeing much to help out there.
IPerth needs to make some moves and sooner rather than later. They are not where they need to be right now.

backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:08 PM
HawksFanForever

This is what the second game and they are the favorites already.Casselman and the St Lawerence may have something to say about this.

HawksFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:10 AM
TradedTwice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
This is what the second game and they are the favorites already.Casselman and the St Lawerence may have something to say about this.
Couldn't agree more with this comment, I would take Casselman's coaching staff over any in the league, they clearly demonstrated this last season. Time for the Metro division to settle down all the hype, when it comes to how good their teams are, simply put: load you roster all you want, but if you don't have a coach that knows what to do, well you can figure out the rest............