HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Andrey Vasilevskiy

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
Yesterday, 09:21 AM
  #176
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan
 
Pronounced Anders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Maybe the Columbus game changed Coopers mind but I don't think he views Gudlevskis as an NHL backup right now. Think they want much more consistency from him.

I don't see how we just let Lindback walk, we have to qualify him and then think about moving his rights if we don't feel he's a capable backup. We gave up too much to not get anything out of him.
No use throwing good money after bad. Sometimes you miss the flop - gotta fold. Lindback had a good, three game stretch this year, and two years of not meeting (in fact, not coming close to meeting even the most moderate) expectations. I agree that Gudlevskis isn't ready to be an NHL backup, but then again - neither is Lindback.

Pronounced Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:30 AM
  #177
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25
 
ViD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blue Jackets Area
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 5,499
vCash: 500
I see no reason for Vasilevsky to come play in the AHL after incredible WJC and KHL season. If he's not promised the NHL time, he will re-sign with the Ufa

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:46 AM
  #178
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 19,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall View Post
Your goaltending dept went from Garon and Smith (who didn't play that great) to Bishop, and all your hard to pronounce Prospect.. Thats why you could afford to trade Tokarski to the Habs.. Yzerman has done a great job since his arrival!
Smith, Ellis, Roloson, Garon, Tokarski, Bishop, Vasi, Janus... its been a revolving door

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:46 AM
  #179
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 19,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
I see no reason for Vasilevsky to come play in the AHL after incredible WJC and KHL season. If he's not promised the NHL time, he will re-sign with the Ufa
He doesn't care about that

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:23 AM
  #180
HoseEmDown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
No use throwing good money after bad. Sometimes you miss the flop - gotta fold. Lindback had a good, three game stretch this year, and two years of not meeting (in fact, not coming close to meeting even the most moderate) expectations. I agree that Gudlevskis isn't ready to be an NHL backup, but then again - neither is Lindback.
They wouldn't have to throw good money at him, they just have to qualify him which is just under 2 mil. I think how he play's this series will have a big impact on if we bring him back.

What veteran backup does everyone want? Don't see any that will be a massive upgrade.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:30 AM
  #181
robertguess2013
Registered User
 
robertguess2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Port Richey Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
They wouldn't have to throw good money at him, they just have to qualify him which is just under 2 mil. I think how he play's this series will have a big impact on if we bring him back.

What veteran backup does everyone want? Don't see any that will be a massive upgrade.
I think we tender him but he tells stevie he wants to go myself.

Just my belief he wins this series he has some worth etc.. On a high note turned it around.

So isnt who we want so much anymore I have seen a great improvement in lindy's game even if others want to ignore it. If he wants a shot at number one I see him forcing the issue myself.

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 01:54 PM
  #182
Caser
Registered User
 
Caser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
I know a little Rooksie, lets break it down.

Андрей Василевский

A = A.
H = N.
Pagoda deal = D
p = R
e = ye
backwards N = ee

Andrei. Ish.

B = V
a = a
c = s
backwards N = ee
lambda = l
e = ye
B = v
c = s
k = k
backwards N's = ee's.

Vasil(y)evski. It doesn't really matter how it's typed, whether there's a y at the end or not.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll be over. From what I hear, kid wants to be in the NHL more than anything, and he'll do whatever it takes to get here ASAP.
When I first saw some cyrillic letters here, I thought my brain's encoding was broken or smthn

Anyway, your mistake is at the "backwards N's" thing - "и" and "й" are different letters. So Andrey Vasilevskiy would be closer to original in terms of spelling.

About staying or not in the KHL, I think that the only way Vasya resigns with Salavat is if after the training camp he and SteveY decide that it is better for his development to have one more year as a KHL starter, but I think this scenario is rather unlikely.

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:54 PM
  #183
thewall
Registered User
 
thewall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I doubt there another team in the league that can compare to the Bolts:

Bishop
Lindback
Gudlevskis
Vasilevsky

Wow. A very impressive stockpile of young netminders. Bishop is just coming into his prime and could very easily pile up a few Vezinas.

What in the world are you going to do with all those other young guys?
at the start of this season you could have argued that ANA was up there too

Hiller
Fasth
Gibson
Anderson

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 11:18 AM
  #184
v-man
Registered User
 
v-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,839
vCash: 500
Vas just finished playing an exhibition game with the Russian national team against Latvia. They lost 0-1.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 11:51 AM
  #185
catcorpse
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cesis
Country: Latvia
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Vas just finished playing an exhibition game with the Russian national team against Latvia. They lost 0-1.
Yup, i wanted to mention about this game. in NT of Latvia debuted GK Ivars Punnenovs also born in 1994 and he's playing in Swiss NLA. He had a really good game, saved the day. And another 1994 gorn GK from Latvia, Elvis Merzlikins is #6 in European goalies, he's also playing in Swiss NLA. Maybe you should reconsider the Vasilevsky "thing"

catcorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 01:59 PM
  #186
Namejs
Registered User
 
Namejs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rīga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcorpse View Post
Yup, i wanted to mention about this game. in NT of Latvia debuted GK Ivars Punnenovs also born in 1994 and he's playing in Swiss NLA. He had a really good game, saved the day. And another 1994 gorn GK from Latvia, Elvis Merzlikins is #6 in European goalies, he's also playing in Swiss NLA. Maybe you should reconsider the Vasilevsky "thing"
Vasilevsky is definitely overhyped on these boards. Just like Gudlevskis, to a certain extent.

You never know with goalies. Vasilevsky has played a limited amount of games in pro hockey and he has almost no experience on small ice. And, yes, Vasilevsky is by no means the only goalie in his age group with a high SV% in pro leagues.

He's definitely talented, but way too many people cave in to wishful thinking and assume that his play in the KHL is going to translate to the NHL.

Namejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 02:34 PM
  #187
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcorpse View Post
Yup, i wanted to mention about this game. in NT of Latvia debuted GK Ivars Punnenovs also born in 1994 and he's playing in Swiss NLA. He had a really good game, saved the day. And another 1994 gorn GK from Latvia, Elvis Merzlikins is #6 in European goalies, he's also playing in Swiss NLA. Maybe you should reconsider the Vasilevsky "thing"
What Vasilevsky "thing"?

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 02:56 PM
  #188
Vasilevski
TB team with Stamkos
 
Vasilevski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namejs View Post
Vasilevsky is definitely overhyped on these boards. Just like Gudlevskis, to a certain extent.

You never know with goalies. Vasilevsky has played a limited amount of games in pro hockey and he has almost no experience on small ice. And, yes, Vasilevsky is by no means the only goalie in his age group with a high SV% in pro leagues.

He's definitely talented, but way too many people cave in to wishful thinking and assume that his play in the KHL is going to translate to the NHL.
How many goalies that are 19 (or even 20 or 21) are in the NHL or KHL playing as the starters and having solid numbers? (best two leagues in the world)

In the KHL Vasi is the only one.
In the NHL none.

What he's doing is spectacular for a goaltender of his age.
If not, why not other young goalies of his age are playing in the KHL regularly?

There is no reason to believe his game will not translate. He has all the talent in the world and the work ethic.
I agree that giving it as a sure thing is not a good idea, but so far, so good.

Vasilevski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 03:47 PM
  #189
zeykshade
Registered User
 
zeykshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 5,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
What Vasilevsky "thing"?
I like to refer to him as the player we got for Steve Downie =p

19yo Goalie with solid numbers in the KHL. Seriously, there's nothing about him I don't like. If he gets games in the AHL 50+ for one to two years, he'll be ripe for the NHL. He may ripen quicker, he may fade into obscurity, but right now, he's the best 19yo goalie on the planet.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 05:12 PM
  #190
MattM92
Registered User
 
MattM92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
I like to refer to him as the player we got for Steve Downie =p

19yo Goalie with solid numbers in the KHL. Seriously, there's nothing about him I don't like. If he gets games in the AHL 50+ for one to two years, he'll be ripe for the NHL. He may ripen quicker, he may fade into obscurity, but right now, he's the best 19yo goalie on the planet.
Oh, trust me, I know about him. I am extremely excited about him. I'm just not sure what that guy meant when he said "Maybe you should reconsider the Vasilevsky 'thing'".

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:20 PM
  #191
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan
 
Pronounced Anders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,856
vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Oh, trust me, I know about him. I am extremely excited about him. I'm just not sure what that guy meant when he said "Maybe you should reconsider the Vasilevsky 'thing'".
A couple of Latvians are very excited about Gudlevskis (with reason) - and probably aren't as supportive as Tampa fans are of Vasilevsky. In my mind there's no doubt Vas has the talent to be a top 5 goaltender, and I'm very confident he'll be able to perform in the NHL.

Pronounced Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.