HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers Prospect Rankings #2

View Poll Results: Oilers #2 prospect
Martin Marincin 10 9.43%
Darnell Nurse 93 87.74%
Jujhar Khaira 0 0%
Toni Rajala 1 0.94%
Anton Slepyshev 0 0%
Bogdan Yakimov 0 0%
Marc-Olivier Roy 1 0.94%
David Musil 1 0.94%
Martin Gernat 0 0%
Olivier Roy 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Nurse for sure here. Marincin next.

08-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Seriously? I'm not sure he's in my top 15
Where would you rank Houck since you are quite familiar with him?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Nurse made the highlight reel on TSN at the WJHC camp today.

For all the wrong reasons.

Connor McDavid made him look like Steve Staios off the rush today. Great start - schooled by a 16yr old.
Oh, hopefully this will be like your anti-Hall/Schultz brigade.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 11:00 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Where would you rank Houck since you are quite familiar with him?
Around 10th, maybe a bit later. I'd say his absolute upside is a complementary 2nd liner/elite 3rd liner. He's a pretty safe bet imo though because he's got good hockey sense and is never shy about throwing his weight around. Because of his upside though, I rank him lower than a guy like Rajala who has shown he has what it takes to produce at a professional level

Edit: we should probably just move on to #3

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Around 10th, maybe a bit later. I'd say his absolute upside is a complementary 2nd liner/elite 3rd liner. He's a pretty safe bet imo though because he's got good hockey sense and is never shy about throwing his weight around. Because of his upside though, I rank him lower than a guy like Rajala who has shown he has what it takes to produce at a professional level

Edit: we should probably just move on to #3
I liked what I saw of him in youtube clips, he looks like the type of player that we could really use on our 3rd line.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 11:33 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
What a bad set of forward prospects this team has. Like really really bad. Other than Lander who maybe projects to be a 3rd/4th liner, do any of them realistically project to get to the big leagues full time? Some might surprise and get there, but no one looks remotely close to helping the team in the next 2-3 years. I realize a large reason for this is that so all our early first rounders (and Eberle) are already in the show, but the picks outside of the first round...

(Nurse obviously)
Well, you can't forget about guys like Travis Ewanyk and Mitch Moroz. They're not "sexy" picks because they're not top 6 projected players, but they could be very good checking line players in the NHL, and that's something this organization hasn't been as good as it used to: developing bottom six players. They're just as important to winning as the Yakupovs and Eberles. I think the org. is finally starting to realize that--MacT at least seems to realize that with a lot of what he has spoken about in terms of team depth and quality bottom line guys. It's good to hear, and hopefully he can improve that area. The Boyd Gordon signing was certainly a good start, but as his signing shown, it's expensive to buy quality guys of his ilk; it's much cheaper to develop them. They need to start doing that ASAP, and not just try to hit home runs with super star, elite talent level players. It takes all kinds to win a championship. Pretty much every SC winning team--even the Oiler teams of the 80's--have shown this.

Sorry for wall of text.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Toydarian

I just watched the clip on TSN concerning McDavid's play against Nurse.

It wasn't even really much of a play. The puck was bouncing as Nurse attempted to swipe it away while simultaneously trying to make contact with McDavid. McDavid hops around Nurse, lifts Nurse's stick and regains control of the puck. However, at this point both players are behind the goal/red line by the boards. Nurse quickly re-establishes body position and rubs McDavid out as McDavid drops a pass to the trailer who is also below the goal/red line.

It wouldn't consider it an embarrassing play for Nurse.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote