HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

TSN expanding to 5 feeds

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2014, 01:03 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Yeah but since I am considered Jets region if they air it on one of the 5 TSN channels(and assuming my provider picks up all 5 feeds) I will get to see it. Now if they decide to do what they did last year and charge people 10 bucks for the Jets Channel, I chances are my provider won't have that channel and even if they did I will not pay for it since I am an Islanders fan and don't feel it's worth it having the Jets channel for 2 games a year
I think I remember reading somewhere that they are eliminating those team specific channels and will move their regional games to one of the 5

Am I the only one that still has the old TSN Alternate channel that they launched before TSN2? It's just a blank channel, but it's still listed in my channel guide

Old
07-23-2014, 01:05 PM
RandR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
More like every game of March Madness being avaulable, every game of the WJHC being available, tons of NBA games, NCAA football and basketball, multiple Primiership games every week. I could go on. NFL, multiple court availabilities during grand slam tennis. TSN will be home to the Euro's in 2016, and the the WC in 2018 and 2022. Everygame will be available

TSN will more than likely take up a lot of ESPN partnerships. So look for a lot more MLB, NBA, NCAA football and basketball. And more coverage of MLS and soccer in general.
TSN and RDS also have exclusive Canadian rights to the World Cup of Rugby next year (September-October) in England.

No doubt TSN will broadcast every single one of the 48 matches spread over the 6-week tournament. There will be as many as 4 games in one day.

I can't wait!

Old
07-24-2014, 12:50 PM
JB52

I'm with Bell Fibe and they just added a channel (at position 403) to say that Goltv will move from 404 to 414 on august 11.

What does it has to do with TSN you may ask? Well, It's pretty clear that with TSN being on 400 and TSN2 on 401, they will need place for TSN5 on 404.

So I guess the five TSN will not happen before August 11 but it shouldn't be long after (for Bell customer, at least.)

Last edited by JB52: 07-24-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old
07-24-2014, 01:01 PM
cutchemist42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
TSN and RDS also have exclusive Canadian rights to the World Cup of Rugby next year (September-October) in England.

No doubt TSN will broadcast every single one of the 48 matches spread over the 6-week tournament. There will be as many as 4 games in one day.

I can't wait!
This is what I love about what TSN is doing compared to Rogers, I get to experience so many different sports, sometimes you just need a breather from hockey. This was one event I was hooked to last time it was on.

Closed Thread