HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013-14 Free Agent, Trades, and Proposals - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Dangles McGavin
#Snip Bar South

vCash: 500
Also, since I don't think we're going to make the playoffs, I'd love to dump MayRay at the deadline for some picks.

Sell high on a player who will not be here long-term.

Old
12-02-2013, 01:42 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Also, since I don't think we're going to make the playoffs, I'd love to dump MayRay at the deadline for some picks.

Sell high on a player who will not be here long-term.
He can go any time, IMO.

Old
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
thainer21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
He can go any time, IMO.
He's producing. Not sure why you want him gone.

Old
12-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Dangles McGavin
#Snip Bar South

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainer21 View Post
He's basically a combination of Lombardi and Jason Blake, two of the most frustrating players we've had the pleasure of watching in the past 5 years.

It wouldn't surprise me to see his production just stop dead in its tracks. He is extremely talented at shooting the puck into a blocking man, missing the net, or hitting the goalie right in the crest.

It's irritating because he's clearly got got a lot of skill. His skating is phenomenal and he's very shifty, but he's predictable in his 'skate down the wing, curl back, and make a terrible pass'.

Obviously a steal at 1mil but ugh... I really shouldn't be complaining

Old
12-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

If Leafs can get Gleason for Liles, he will be useful. Both are similar caphits but if Gleason can play to his level 2 years ago, this will go a long way in shoring up our #2 Pair.

Tough stay at home D man.

Old
12-02-2013, 02:27 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
He's basically a combination of Lombardi and Jason Blake, two of the most frustrating players we've had the pleasure of watching in the past 5 years.

It wouldn't surprise me to see his production just stop dead in its tracks. He is extremely talented at shooting the puck into a blocking man, missing the net, or hitting the goalie right in the crest.

It's irritating because he's clearly got got a lot of skill. His skating is phenomenal and he's very shifty, but he's predictable in his 'skate down the wing, curl back, and make a terrible pass'.

Obviously a steal at 1mil but ugh... I really shouldn't be complaining
No, you really shouldn't.
We're paying him 1M, I don't see how you could possibly complain about anything. You should stop holding him up to a standard that just doesn't fit a million dollar winger.

Old
12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Dangles McGavin
#Snip Bar South

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
No, you really shouldn't.
We're paying him 1M, I don't see how you could possibly complain about anything. You should stop holding him up to a standard that just doesn't fit a million dollar winger.
He basically destroys the chemistry on any line he's put on.

I hold him to the standard of a top-six forward when he's in our top-six. $$ is irrelevant.

Like I said, he's easily worth 1mil. I just don't want him on this team because he doesn't help.

Old
12-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Al14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
If Leafs can get Gleason for Liles, he will be useful. Both are similar caphits but if Gleason can play to his level 2 years ago, this will go a long way in shoring up our #2 Pair.

Tough stay at home D man.
He may be on the decline. Injuries are starting to accumulate. The concussion may also be a factor to consider.

Old
12-02-2013, 04:23 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip 1h
Tim Gleason is on the trip.

Old
12-02-2013, 04:24 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainer21 View Post
He's an incredibly frustrating, soft player. Good puck possession and I thought he played really well against Montreal as he was the only one generating chances, but his skating really masks his other deficiencies.

Enough times this season, Raymond will carry the puck up with great speed, do a few spins and weave his way around the offensive zone; you see it thinking 'wow, this guy is good', and you think a good offensive chance is coming...only for Raymond and his low IQ to make a dumb play and shoot the puck at someone's skates, into the goalie's chest, or force a dumb pass and give it away. Oh, and of course whenever there is any semblance of physical contact or someone coming after him, he loses the puck immediately.

What sucks the most is that he's essentially being used how Kulemin should be used...Kulemin is a way better board player and more physical and he actually has a pretty good shot unlike Raymond. I'd be much happier if the two switched roles. And what sucks even more is that because of Raymond's past history with Nonis, he'll probably get re-signed at a bad price while Kulemin is let go.

Old
12-02-2013, 04:25 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

^To add, I don't mind Raymond at 1yr/1M, that's a great deal for a useful and relatively versatile player, but I don't want him long-term, at all.

Old
12-02-2013, 05:08 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

New thread up

Closed Thread