HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Stanley Cup Playoffs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion, predictions, and analysis of all playoff games and series. Polls may only be started by sponsors and staff.

The Western Conference is now truly up for grabs

Old
04-21-2017, 12:41 PM
ManofSteel55

vCash: 500
Nashville scares me most as an Oiler fan. Anaheim should be a close series if we get through the Sharks, I'd be relatively confident against the Blues, but the Predators - I would be shocked if it went more than 5 games.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Drewcifer

If Minnesota/St Louis goes six or seven games then Nashville will end up sitting for a week before their next game. That long of a layover is usually not a good thing. Both the Blues and the Wild are capable of beating them.

Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 12:42 PM
hansomreiste
Holy Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookers9 View Post
Hard to argue when Preds swept the Hawks.

Craziness.
Not sure if I or you misunderstood but "Nashville's to lose" means that Nashville is the best team now and therefore, unless they "lose" it by themselves, they will get it. So, actually, you both say the same thing. Preds swept the Hawks and so it's theirs to lose from now on.

hansomreiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Drewcifer

Just because Nashville won one series doesn't necessarily make them some sort of unstoppable juggernaut.

Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 12:46 PM
ManofSteel55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Just because Nashville won one series doesn't necessarily make them some sort of unstoppable juggernaut.
Not it doesn't. But if you look at how their team is built, they have all the tools to go through anyone in the west. Hot goalie? Check. Top line scoring basically at will? Check. Depth lines shutting down the opposition while chipping in some offense? Check. Top end talent and depth on the blueline? Special teams? System play that is working? Yep, check those off too. Nashville playing like they have recently (leading into the playoffs and in the first round) is a very intimidating team.

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 12:47 PM
duxfever

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to duxfever
Anyone discounting the Ducks because of their play against the Flames is crazy. The Ducks did what they had to do with Fowler and Vatanen out. They played a very methodical, grind it out type of series to perfection because they knew they could not run and gun with Calgary with their backend in shambles. Yes, it was close, but let's be real, the series never felt out of control from an Anaheim standpoint, even in game 3.

SHOULD they get Vatanen and Fowler back, which is why the sweep was so huge, the Ducks are just as good as anybody and will look completely different than they did in round 1.

duxfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Redline

vCash: 50
Anaheim and Nashville would be a good final and i don't like any other teams chances of preventing it.

Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 01:39 PM
TheBluePenguin

vCash: 14029
When the playoffs started I was talking to some guys at work and said "If we somehow can get by the Wild, we better hope Nashville sneaks past the Hawks, we have no chance against the Hawks this year"......

TheBluePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Blunder
Fire Maurice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
Mnope... they played sub-par, if they keep playing like they did in round 1, they won't make it past round 2.

They found a way to win, which is cool, but they're playing way worse than they played in the last 10 games of the regular season. We miss Fowler sooo damn much that people actually started liking Bieksa. Imagine that...
Did the Flames outcompete Ducks most of the series though? But yeah moving forward without Fowler could be a problem i'll give you that.

I stand by my statement, that beating the Hawks wasn't as special as it could've been. Im not trying to take anything away from the Preds, as they played really, really well and look like a team ready to do damage. But to say it's theirs to lose just because they swept the Hawks doesn't make sense to me. The way the Hawks competed and played wasn't anything close to what they did in their cup runs.

Any of the teams advancing in the West have a chance. There's no clear cut favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfever View Post
Anyone discounting the Ducks because of their play against the Flames is crazy. The Ducks did what they had to do with Fowler and Vatanen out. They played a very methodical, grind it out type of series to perfection because they knew they could not run and gun with Calgary with their backend in shambles. Yes, it was close, but let's be real, the series never felt out of control from an Anaheim standpoint, even in game 3.

SHOULD they get Vatanen and Fowler back, which is why the sweep was so huge, the Ducks are just as good as anybody and will look completely different than they did in round 1.
This. The Ducks have been the best team in the past ~2 months of finding ways to win playoff type games against good teams.

Blunder is offline   Reply With Quote