HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Tim Murray Leaving for Buffalo

Old
01-14-2014, 08:34 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 50
Anyone at this exact moment have a bit of a soft spot for the Sabres and secretly cheering for them to do well because of Tim? I know I say this now, but once there rebuild is done I am going to hate them again. lol

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Ice-Tray

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Anyone at this exact moment have a bit of a soft spot for the Sabres and secretly cheering for them to do well because of Tim? I know I say this now, but once there rebuild is done I am going to hate them again. lol
I'll admit that while they're irrelevant i don't hate then AS much.... Kind of like the Leafs actually.... Actually not at all I revel in their suckiness.... hahaha

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Tundraman
Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
What I'm hoping is that TM wants some of our Bingo prospects especially the ones the Sens can't fit on their roster now or in the future. Tim knows them better than anyone else so maybe we could do a 1 or 2 for one to acquire a good ufa vet to help us finish the season.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Ideally he'd probably not want his first deal to be with his uncle. maybe he makes a decent deal and then gets more serious with uncle B (who knows, maybe he doesn't care at all)

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:27 PM
EssendonBombers
classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Ideally he'd probably not want his first deal to be with his uncle. maybe he makes a decent deal and then gets more serious with uncle B (who knows, maybe he doesn't care at all)
Yeah, I don't think Tim Murray is the sort of guy who cares about public image.

EssendonBombers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 06:38 AM
Quo
storms in my knees

Rumor from the SNET panel last night is he'll be extending Nolan very soon, just as I thought he would. I think that's a pretty good match actually. "Renegade" coach with everybody's favorite curmudgeon as GM.

Ideally, I think Tim will take some time to talk to Nolan, the coaches and everyone in the hockey ops side of the organization about the makeup of the current roster before he starts shuffling things. Best not to make a decision in a vacuum and if Nolan is the guy for the long-haul, the types of players he needs to build his team should, at the very least, be known to Tim.

Then there's the bit in one of Tim's many pressers about him having a sit down with some of the veterans like Miller and Moulson to gauge their interest in being part of the Sabres future. It's a lot to consider, a lot to know before an intelligent move can be made.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
DefenseMinister
It's believed Tim was trying to have Murphy come with him at the time of his hire but Sens fought it. Surprise, surprise: looking for comp.

DefenseMinister
What I've heard re: Sens front office moves, scout Rob Murphy is probably headed to Sabres this summer to be with Tim, will get promotion.

SensChirp also confirming this.

Kinda sad that we are looking for compensation for a professional scout on the verge of getting a promotion, but such is the state of things with us.

Ghost in the Shell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Ouroboros

Why would they demand compensation for Rob Murphy and not Tim Murray? And on what grounds?

Seems ludicrous.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:14 PM
cage

Is asking for compensation when losing upper management type guys the norm? If he's still under contract and wants to leave than it would make sense. If his contract has expired and he's just moving on than yeah, asking for compensation is silly

cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Why would they demand compensation for Rob Murphy and not Tim Murray? And on what grounds?

Seems ludicrous.
Because we're poor.
There generally isn't any compensation for stuff like that but teams can make arrangements like "Don't use our draft lists" and so on.
SensChirp was saying some of our top staff might be heading to Buffalo in the off-season, could be the sort of kick in the pants this franchise really needs to wake up.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:09 PM
melnyk budget

kept bryan for 2 years instead of murray for much more. and now we're losing our scouts.

this ****ing organization. not 1 good piece of good news since july 5, 2013

melnyk budget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Talk about an overreaction...

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Meh. Its just one more thing to add to the gong show of an organization.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:35 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
It's actually funny. Our two most valuable scouts were Dorion and our Euro guy. They're still here.

People lack perspective. Things might be bad here, but at least we didn't just name a former player with ZERO executive team experience to be the President of our franchise in a sad PR stunt.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:45 PM
BigRig4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
It's actually funny. Our two most valuable scouts were Dorion and our Euro guy. They're still here.

People lack perspective. Things might be bad here, but at least we didn't just name a former player with ZERO executive team experience to be the President of our franchise in a sad PR stunt.
I thought the Euro guy went back to Sweden?

BigRig4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Spez

Blame Bettman for all of this. It used to be that teams did get compensation for letting guys in the front office go to other teams. Now people from the FO can leave and you get nothing in return which is stupid. Even the other owners are upset with that and have fought every year to get compensation. As long as Bettman is the commissioner you'll be seeing guys like Tim Murray leave leaving the organization with nothing.

Spez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 05:57 PM
JGPageau

Wasn't T Murray the 2nd choice hire behind the Boston AGM who Chiarelli wouldn't let go to a division rival? Sens inviting Buffalo to walk all over them...

JGPageau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:15 PM
MiscBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnyks Mirage View Post
Because we're poor.
There generally isn't any compensation for stuff like that but teams can make arrangements like "Don't use our draft lists" and so on.
SensChirp was saying some of our top staff might be heading to Buffalo in the off-season, could be the sort of kick in the pants this franchise really needs to wake up.
More like the kick in the pants that will knock us down to the bottom of the division. All we have is our scouting/development right now. That's what we've supposably been investing in rather than cap $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGPageau View Post
Wasn't T Murray the 2nd choice hire behind the Boston AGM who Chiarelli wouldn't let go to a division rival? Sens inviting Buffalo to walk all over them...
Ya it's nice they let Timmy go to a new team, but I think Bryan thought they were still going to have a great relationship. That doesn't seem like it's going to be the case anymore.

MiscBrah is offline   Reply With Quote