HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

What will happen with Utica ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-20-2017, 10:58 AM
  #51
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodaha View Post
The California teams take the bus.
They weren't in the ECHL days, I'm surprised they would now but I guess when you don't have to leave the state to go to Idaho or Utah or Alaska it can be done.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 11:00 AM
  #52
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
And every one of them tweets about it, so it's not like it's a secret
Twitter isn't even that popular, not everyone uses it(shock)I mean the thing loses so much money, never has turned a profit or come even close and never will but its basically propped up(same thing with Snapchat)

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 11:05 AM
  #53
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Enthusiast View Post
Twitter isn't even that popular, not everyone uses it(shock)I mean the thing loses so much money, never has turned a profit or come even close and never will but its basically propped up(same thing with Snapchat)
328 million monthly active users, up from 319 million in 4th quarter of 2016. And its financials are irrelevant to the comment "Twitter isn't even that popular", as Twitter is the seventh largest social network in the world.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 11:29 AM
  #54
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
328 million monthly active users, up from 319 million in 4th quarter of 2016. And its financials are irrelevant to the comment "Twitter isn't even that popular", as Twitter is the seventh largest social network in the world.
There's 7+ social networks now? I mean that seems like nothing compared to Facebook which turns a nice profit. Still makes no sense how something that bleeds red can stay open. Besides when people post stuff they probably post it on both so one wouldn't even need a Twitter to get said information, I mean not that I care I don't search for team pages and all. Not everyone on here actually does that or cares about their pages, we don't all have the time or the desire.

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 11:33 AM
  #55
210
Registered User
 
210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Worcester, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports Enthusiast View Post
There's 7+ social networks now? I mean that seems like nothing compared to Facebook which turns a nice profit. Still makes no sense how something that bleeds red can stay open. Besides when people post stuff they probably post it on both so one wouldn't even need a Twitter to get said information, I mean not that I care I don't search for team pages and all. Not everyone on here actually does that or cares about their pages, we don't all have the time or the desire.
All irrelevant.

You said the western teams fly everywhere and they don't, and even a small amount of research would show you're wrong. The rest is just deflection on your part.

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2017, 12:36 PM
  #56
royals119
Registered User
 
royals119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Lawn, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...9035190625&z=6
The AHL team map. You can even zoom in if you aren't familiar with the geography out west.
Stockton (the most northern AHL city in CA) to San Diego (the most southern) is a little over seven hours, so I'm sure that even in the ECHL days those teams were bussing. In fact, I went to Reading Royals games in Stockton, Long Beach, and Las Vegas and the Royals bussed between those three cities, traveling overnight between games. Tuscon to San Diego is also about seven hours. Without looking at the schedule I would bet that the northern teams are probably scheduled to play in Ontario or San Diego a day or two before playing Tuscon, so they can avoid flying there too. Going back to the ECHL days, Stockton to Salt Lake City is only a ten hour drive and Salt Lake to Boise is even less. Teams certainly did fly back in the ECHL (and even WCHL) Pacific Division, but certainly not to every game, and probably not even most games. Aside from Alaska they likely bussed to most cities if the schedule permitted, and when it didn't they probably flew once, and then rented a bus for week or two to travel between different cities, just like teams in the east.

royals119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.