HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SERIES TALK: Eastern Conference Final | Penguins vs. Senators Pt. 2 | Series Tied

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2017, 03:16 PM
hafaba

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
How about a little overdramatic lead in to this game......

I don’t hate the Sens as a franchise…
Their owner maybe… but the team itself has at its worse been an annoyance moreso than a rival… They have some dirty guys (who doesn’t?), but they have some great stories too.

Anderson, for all he has gone through could win a cup and be supported… and if not this year, Karrlson will get one eventually. Their fans are a bit odd and certainly starved for attention being trapped between the franchises that surround them, but mostly they are fine….

Tonight isn’t about all of that.

It isn’t about repeating as cup winners, not about stats or bragging rights.
Its not about Legacies or Reputations….

Up to now there was no need for the Pens to make the cup finals and no worry about a loss to anyone…
But this Coach, This System… this cannot be allowed to win…. its evil… This almost killed the league we love once… It is the great equalizer and it absolutely drains the fun out of the sport… It always starts so innocent to… the base played with skill can be an effective defense, but eventually that skill isn’t good enough to shut someone down, so a little obstruction starts.. and then the stickwork… and the minor holding… and it just gets easier and easier and the calls get fewer and fewer as it eats the league alive….

This year turned from a throwaway year to a brutal battle against the heart of darkness in hockey and so many people still haven’t seen it… the trap isnt the issue... but the obstruction... the holding... the passive scared hockey that takes no chances and bogs the game down... that it the great monster of our time, reborn slowly through stupidity and foolishness that reigns in this NHL...

So it falls to the Pens… the team the other fans love to hate, and who bask in their every failure or setback, to stop this trainwreck from reaching the finals… To help divert the league from the path that once almost strangled it into oblivion....

It falls to Crosby, the guy the league needs as its face, but destroys by its style…
To malkin, who despite all his accomplishments and amazing play, gets no respect,
To Kessel, the scorned… Mocked and driven out because he didnt fit the right molds
To all the young speed guys overlooked because they were too small…
And all the rejects and retreads that fought their way to a cup last year..

To all of these players this league has failed over and over… Owned by the very superstar who lost the back end of his career to this very nonsense… to save the future of the NHL

They have to win and obliterate the growing monster of the clutch and grab… even if its only for postponing it a while….

This game means the world… Good vs Evil… a battle for the very soul of hockey fought by its greatest stars… If they win... If they vanquish this heart of darkness, then it truely is a great day for hockey… I Hope……

Wow. I call that a speech

Old
05-25-2017, 03:31 PM
billybudd
5 cups pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
He had an 8 goal aberration in 50 games. That's pretty much his AHL pace normally. In other words it was a fluke. Other than that he was just embarrassing.
"Jake Guentzel is going to be a massive minus player because he has a high ga/60 in his first 10 games"-people here

Farnham shoots at 13% over his career and has 8 goals in about 65 games. Say that drops to 9%. That's still 7 goals per 82. That's not wonderful, but it's perfectly fine for a call-up option who plays an amusing, viewer-friendly brand of hockey.

Old
05-25-2017, 03:34 PM
Mike Lange Version 2

Quote:
How about a little overdramatic lead in to this game......

I don’t hate the Sens as a franchise…
Their owner maybe… but the team itself has at its worse been an annoyance moreso than a rival… They have some dirty guys (who doesn’t?), but they have some great stories too.

Anderson, for all he has gone through could win a cup and be supported… and if not this year, Karrlson will get one eventually. Their fans are a bit odd and certainly starved for attention being trapped between the franchises that surround them, but mostly they are fine….

Tonight isn’t about all of that.

It isn’t about repeating as cup winners, not about stats or bragging rights.
Its not about Legacies or Reputations….

Up to now there was no need for the Pens to make the cup finals and no worry about a loss to anyone…
But this Coach, This System… this cannot be allowed to win…. its evil… This almost killed the league we love once… It is the great equalizer and it absolutely drains the fun out of the sport… It always starts so innocent to… the base played with skill can be an effective defense, but eventually that skill isn’t good enough to shut someone down, so a little obstruction starts.. and then the stickwork… and the minor holding… and it just gets easier and easier and the calls get fewer and fewer as it eats the league alive….

This year turned from a throwaway year to a brutal battle against the heart of darkness in hockey and so many people still haven’t seen it… the trap isnt the issue... but the obstruction... the holding... the passive scared hockey that takes no chances and bogs the game down... that it the great monster of our time, reborn slowly through stupidity and foolishness that reigns in this NHL...

So it falls to the Pens… the team the other fans love to hate, and who bask in their every failure or setback, to stop this trainwreck from reaching the finals… To help divert the league from the path that once almost strangled it into oblivion....

It falls to Crosby, the guy the league needs as its face, but destroys by its style…
To malkin, who despite all his accomplishments and amazing play, gets no respect,
To Kessel, the scorned… Mocked and driven out because he didnt fit the right molds

To all of these players this league has failed over and over… Owned by the very superstar who lost the back end of his career to this very nonsense… to save the future of the NHL

They have to win and obliterate the growing monster of the clutch and grab… even if its only for postponing it a while….

This game means the world… Good vs Evil… a battle for the very soul of hockey fought by its greatest stars… If they win... If they vanquish this heart of darkness, then it truely is a great day for hockey… I Hope……

Please put this on the main boards lol. Best I've seen in a while.....

Old
05-25-2017, 03:36 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
We found out Doc posts on HF Boards. That's for sure.

Old
05-25-2017, 03:54 PM
ChrisKuuuunitz
4 time champ

vCash: 1125
we win either way tonight, if we win we advance

if we lose, it's probably Kunitz's last game as a Pen

Old
05-25-2017, 03:55 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
"Jake Guentzel is going to be a massive minus player because he has a high ga/60 in his first 10 games"-people here

Farnham shoots at 13% over his career and has 8 goals in about 65 games. Say that drops to 9%. That's still 7 goals per 82. That's not wonderful, but it's perfectly fine for a call-up option who plays an amusing, viewer-friendly brand of hockey.
I didn't say that about Guentzel so I can't say much about that.

Was his suspension part of his amusing style? The play that was worse than anything people have complained about the Sens doing this series that supposedly needs out of the game? I already explained his stats. There are very good reasons he played 3 games this year for Montreal and will soon fade into obscurity where he belongs.

We go through this every time a scrub passes through here that people take a liking to. Every. Single. Time.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:14 PM
66-30-33

Will be watching game at a buddies place. I am 4-1 in the playoffs at his place, 3-0 when i sit on one of the chairs so i'll sit on that chair. Not even worried about the game tonight, we got this.

Love how people call me a cocky fan IRL because i root for the Pens. I tell them "That's dumb, so i'm supposed to root for the other team?" and they are quiet. 6-1 Pens tonight.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Coach Travis
Back2Back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafaba View Post
Wow. I call that a speech
Yup. I bet the NHL wishes they could get in a time machine and stop the 1995 Devils.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:41 PM
Palumbo
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTANDSCORE View Post

ETA: Sens fans don't appear to be fond of this clip.
Seventh game at home, Crosby needs to "sell" those to the officials...just a little.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Jaded-Fan

Have tickets for tonight.

Refs sucked last game and the entire series.

Planning on letting them know.

Old
05-25-2017, 04:56 PM
American Finesse
No Frizz, No Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveJoy4ConnSmythe View Post
we win either way tonight, if we win we advance

if we lose, it's probably Kunitz's last game as a Pen
Why? He's the cornerstone of this franchise.

Old
05-25-2017, 05:01 PM
Edwinger

Quote:

To Kunitz, for some reason, despite all odds and rationality.

Quote:
They have to win and obliterate the growing monster of Kunitz, the handicapper of the top 2 center talents of a generation… even if its only for postponing it a while….
Going a little overboard?

Old
05-25-2017, 05:05 PM
DegenX
Global Moderator
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GDT is open ...

Closed Thread