HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Puljujarvi for top 4 D

Old
05-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Sorry but give me a break, Adam larsson was never better than tanev before, or right now. He is younger and has potential to be, but please gimme a break.

Adam Larsson is not in the same category as Tanev
When Johansen trade rumors were still going on, Tanev was acceptable with a plus. Larsson was acceptable straight up.

Just an FYI.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 11:00 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Sorry but give me a break, Adam larsson was never better than tanev before, or right now. He is younger and has potential to be, but please gimme a break.

Quote:
How did this get into a bashing thread ? Adam Larsson has zero to do with this thread . You can argue all you want about who is better , start a thread and Larsson comes out a head . That not to say Tanev isn't better but there move things to consider when putting a value on a player ,such as age , potential , contract stats and injuries . All player don't have the same value to each team . I can guarantee that Tanev would not of landed Hall

As for the part I highlighted you are right . Tanev category is critical and he is in the trauma centre 1/2 the year . Larsson is on the ice shutting down the other teams best

Last edited by McSuper: 05-26-2017 at 11:16 AM.
McSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Prostyle

vCash: 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
That is an easy no from me.
I really like Barrie. I would have to think hard about this. He could slot lower in our line-up, and be the PP QB that we have wanted for a while.

In the end though, I think I would rather hold on to JP. This team is finally developing players properly. He could very well go the Draisaitl route, and I don't want to give up on that possibility too soon.

My final point is that this team needs guys who can shoot the puck. JP fits the bill.

Prostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 11:17 AM
Prostyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Remember Edmonton fans, Hall got you Larsson. Just keep that in mind.
One day this garbage will go away. I hated that trade, but I get it now. When you try and trade for something your team is desperate for, you overpay. In the end, that trade sure worked in our favor. Using such an outlier. and disguising it as the baseline discredits your offer.

Fortunately, this team is no longer desperate. If we trade JP, or any other player not named Eberle/Nuge/Pouliot, it will be from a position of strength. If you don't want to pay up, move along.

Old
05-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Beerfish

A lot of these comments about Pulljarvi (sp?) are eerily similar to the things that were said about Draisaitl as a 1st year player.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 12:02 PM
GoodbyeLuongo

Quote:

Larsson is absolutely in the same category. Tanev is better (though probably not last year) but Larsson isn't far behind. And he holds considerable more value

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 11:17 AM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostyle View Post
I really like Barrie. I would have to think hard about this. He could slot lower in our line-up, and
Quote:
be the PP QB that we have wanted for a while.
In the end though, I think I would rather hold on to JP. This team is finally developing players properly. He could very well go the Draisaitl route, and I don't want to give up on that possibility too soon.

My final point is that this team needs guys who can shoot the puck. JP fits the bill.
Really ? You do not know much about Barrie . He is no PP QB

Old
05-26-2017, 12:01 PM
Prostyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSuper View Post
Really ? You do not know much about Barrie . He is no PP QB
I will admit that I don't know his advanced stats. However, I have watched him play, and he can take over the ice when he is on his game. Shultz didn't look like PP QB material in Edmonton either, but look at him on a good team.

Looking at some basic stats, he has put together 2 back to back 50 point seasons. One was 49 and one was 53. This year he wasn't very good, but who on that team was? Currently our best option seems to be Klefbom (I am a huge fan BTW), but Klefbom's best year was this year at 38 points (the same as Barrie this year). I really don't like Barrie defensively, but he does seem to have some talent in the oppositions zone.

The only thing I feel I cannot speak on is his shot. If he has a good shot, I say he is PP QB material. If not, then move along.

Having said all that, I would still not trade JP for him.

Old
05-26-2017, 12:50 PM
McSuper
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostyle View Post
I will admit that I don't know his advanced stats. However, I have watched him play, and he can take over the ice when he is on his game. Shultz didn't look like PP QB material in Edmonton either, but look at him on a good team.

Looking at some basic stats, he has put together 2 back to back 50 point seasons. One was 49 and one was 53. This year he wasn't very good, but who on that team was? Currently our best option seems to be Klefbom (I am a huge fan BTW), but Klefbom's best year was this year at 38 points (the same as Barrie this year). I really don't like Barrie defensively, but he does seem to have some talent in the oppositions zone.

The only thing I feel I cannot speak on is his shot. If he has a good shot, I say he is PP QB material. If not, then move along.

Having said all that, I would still not trade JP for him.
Talk to any Avs fan and they will tell you he is no PP QB . Not saying he doesn't fill a need as he does put up 5v5 points which we need . Also he has the offensively side down pat so I am sure he can learn a PP

Old
05-26-2017, 03:15 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowi View Post
You can't teach hockey IQ. I think Pulju has other tools that make him an NHL player, but I'm worried overall.

Insulting a random guy changes nothing.
I always find this comment simplistic.

Who says you can't teach hockey IQ? How is then that players tend to get better as they age until about age 28-30 even though their physical prime is probably around 24/25?

I mean if you were talking specifically about offensive creativity, that's difficult to teach. But defensive play? Positioning in general? Offensive cycles? General on-ice awareness? Situational play? Tendencies of opponents? Decision making with the puck?

Are you saying you can't teach any of the above? What hogwash!

I mean it isn't like coaches exist to teach these guys how to shoot harder or skate faster. They are paid millions to TEACH HOCKEY IQ.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 05:23 PM
SupremeTeam16
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
I always find this comment simplistic.

Who says you can't teach hockey IQ? How is then that players tend to get better as they age until about age 28-30 even though their physical prime is probably around 24/25?

I mean if you were talking specifically about offensive creativity, that's difficult to teach. But defensive play? Positioning in general? Offensive cycles? General on-ice awareness? Situational play? Tendencies of opponents? Decision making with the puck?

Are you saying you can't teach any of the above? What hogwash!

I mean it isn't like coaches exist to teach these guys how to shoot harder or skate faster. They are paid millions to TEACH HOCKEY IQ.
Not to mention hockey "IQ" and creativity is being sucked out of the game by over coaching and strong team play. Strong system play and 20 guys skating hard will take away a lot of the time and space. Teams are coached to run like machines and the game unfolds in a way that goals are scored either by terrific offensive efforts, usually by an elite supremely talented player or someone makes a mistake and occasionally just blind luck like a seeing eye shot.

SupremeTeam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 06:57 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 370
In the Jared Spurgeon thread, an Oilers fan made this offer for Spurgeon...

Quote:
How would Puljujarvi + Jones sound like?

Or Puljujarvi + 1st 2017?

Gives Wild expansion draft exempt assets and more cap space for signing Granlund/Nino.
I think the Wild would be very interested in trying to make a deal like this.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 07:03 PM
MNRube

vCash: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit86 View Post
Puljujarvi looked so lost on the ice this season. That's why he was sent down.
True, but if he wasn't tied to the hip to Laine and Matthews in his draft year, and came from, say, Germany, people wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him. Kid is going to be a player.

MNRube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 07:22 PM
EXTRAS

Tanev

EXTRAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2017, 08:29 PM
DoingItCoolKiwi
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
If Taylor Hall is worth of Adam Larsson, I think Puljujärvi is worth A LOT LESS. Never ever a TOP4 D.

His stock has dropped. Those Hockey IQ issues are obvious for everybody.
In THN's future watch 2017 Puljujärvi is still considered to be the 2nd best prospect in the league right after Keller. He is easily worth a top 4 D.

DoingItCoolKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote