HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Bad Granlund Phenomenon Part 3

Old
Yesterday, 04:54 PM
krutovsdonut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Sure speaks volumes about the coach and management though doesn't it? Shouldn't we have maybe tried scaling back his role at the very least given some other players a chance let him rest? Nope... let's double down.
well no. it seems to be the time of year when everyone here is not only a hockey expert but also a sports medicine doctor and a malpractice lawyer.

the situation says absolutely nothing about the coach or management unless you know facts we do not. you have absolutely no idea whether the injury was such that granlund needed to scale back. you also have zero expertise to assess the likelihood your speculation is correct. there are numerous safeguards in place to ensure what you are speculating happened does not happen. the player talks directly to the doctors. there are written medical reports. the player agent sees the reports. a second opinion is offered and encouraged. further ongoing evaluation is required. multiple trainers and therapists are consulted. not to mention you are talking about coaches and management needlessly endangering the career of a young athlete in a nothing season. so that's a pretty serious accusation you are carelessly making. could it happen? anything is possible. but it's the kind of suspicion that requires some kind of reasonable foundation before you just blast it out there.

krutovsdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Petrichor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanJack View Post
Ray Ferraro with some interesting analysis of injuries in the NHL....says bad teams experience a higher proportion of injuries because they're constantly playing without the puck; and in harms way from lopsided shot differentials; and the constant pounding of being forechecked in their own zone.

Might be on to something....Canucks are now over 400 man-games lost to injury...and there's little doubt they're constantly on the wrong side of the shot differential; and the amount of time they spend in the own zone with Willie's "bend but don't break' third periods, might explain a lot.
I can buy that theory. Having played beer league hockey, I am fully qualified to comment on this

But in all seriousness, I can't forget all the times my team was chasing the puck against good teams and how tiring every single shift was when we played without the puck. Literally have nothing left on the offense. Add to the fact when you're hemmed in the zone, you're less likely to make a change, but the opposition usually switches out 1 or 2 fresh bodies as their team continues to cycle the puck. As a forward, you really can't afford to sub off and leave the point open. You'll get roasted for leaving your man while on the defense. And if you're a defenceman on a bad team, good luck subbing off until the puck is properly cleared...not iced.

Petrichor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 02:04 AM
Zarpan

I'm assuming that Granlund's right wrist is injured. As a left handed shot, that probably wouldn't affect his wrist shot much, but would probably hamper his backhand and some other things.

Zarpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 02:55 AM
sunnyvale420
Doug The Thug Glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarpan View Post
I'm assuming that Granlund's right wrist is injured. As a left handed shot, that probably wouldn't affect his wrist shot much, but would probably hamper his backhand and some other things.
I would guess left wrist, a right wrist he would be rotating it all the time and constantly holding the stick. Hopefully we find out eventually

sunnyvale420 is offline   Reply With Quote