HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Triple Silver Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-23-2016, 03:31 AM
  #1
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Triple Silver Club

We all know, there a elite Triple Gold Club.

But who is the member of Triple Silver Club?

That means, he lost finals in Olympics, WCH and Stanley Cup.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 03:38 AM
  #2
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,887
vCash: 125
Zetterberg, I believe.

Olympic silver 2014, WC silver 2003, lost to Pittsburgh in 2009.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 03:45 AM
  #3
Bear12Good
Registered User
 
Bear12Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 500
Kimmo Timonen

Bear12Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 06:25 AM
  #4
Pestilence
Registered User
 
Pestilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Sami Salo. 2001 WHC, 2006 Olympics, 2011 Vancouver. Add 2004 World Cup Silver.

Pestilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 06:41 AM
  #5
TonsofPuppies*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Henrik Lundqvist:

- Lost WHC final in 2003, 2004

- Lost Olympic final in 2014

- Lost SCF in 2014

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 06:44 AM
  #6
Wasted Talent
Registered User
 
Wasted Talent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 801
vCash: 69
Sami Salo, Toni Lydman and Jarkko Ruutu are in the Quadruple Silver Club and none of them have a finals win to balance it out. Timonen also has lost all four finals but also won Stanley Cup last season.

Wasted Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 07:48 AM
  #7
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,698
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
This is a sad thread.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 07:50 AM
  #8
StPatrik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Finally a title where Finns can really shine!

StPatrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 07:51 AM
  #9
Irishguy42
Registered User
 
Irishguy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bayside
Country: United States
Posts: 11,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StamCock2016 View Post
Henrik Lundqvist:

- Lost WHC final in 2003, 2004

- Lost Olympic final in 2014

- Lost SCF in 2014
I can't even imagine what must have been running through Hanks head in 2014.

Dude lost two finals in one year. Like...goddamn.

Irishguy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 08:15 AM
  #10
JackSlater
Registered User
 
JackSlater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,011
vCash: 500
Paul Kariya. Not sure if another Canadian is out there.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 08:24 AM
  #11
tuxfile
Registered User
 
tuxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post
I can't even imagine what must have been running through Hanks head in 2014.

Dude lost two finals in one year. Like...goddamn.
I believe he's the first goalie to lose both in one year.

tuxfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 09:06 AM
  #12
Inkling
Same Old Hockey
 
Inkling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 500
Eric Lindros was close, Olympics and Cup, 4th place in WHC.

Inkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 09:29 AM
  #13
serp
Registered User
 
serp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,949
vCash: 500
Jere Lehtinen : 2006 Turin Olymypics , 2000 Stanley Cup Final with Dallas against the Devils and 1992 , 1994 and 2007 World Championships.

serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 01:38 PM
  #14
TonsofPuppies*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post
I can't even imagine what must have been running through Hanks head in 2014.

Dude lost two finals in one year. Like...goddamn.
Yeah, hard year for sure. I'm not a fan of the Rangers by any means, but I would like to see him win the cup at some point in his career. He's earned it. Just a stellar career.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 02:24 PM
  #15
ES
Registered User
 
ES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,943
vCash: 500
This should be reserved for only those who haven't won any of those titles, many Finns are in I have to admit.

Zetterberg is a member of Triple Gold Club but he has also lost in all three finals.

ES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 04:47 PM
  #16
Dr Despair
Registered User
 
Dr Despair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES View Post
This should be reserved for only those who haven't won any of those titles, many Finns are in I have to admit.

Zetterberg is a member of Triple Gold Club but he has also lost in all three finals.
Agreed, if you've won, you don't qualify for this club. Leave something for Finns, for crying out loud.

And btw, please don't confuse (Finnish) dark humor with self pity. Two very different things.

Dr Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 04:51 PM
  #17
Koijari
LGP!
 
Koijari's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Country: Finland
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Ah, Finnish specialty.

Koijari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2016, 05:28 PM
  #18
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,698
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Despair View Post
Agreed, if you've won, you don't qualify for this club. Leave something for Finns, for crying out loud.

And btw, please don't confuse (Finnish) dark humor with self pity. Two very different things.
One is about tango and the other about alcohol and pukko?

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2017, 03:07 AM
  #19
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Any new name after this year finals?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2017, 12:33 AM
  #20
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,852
vCash: 500
The hard thing is to to this as a junior.

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 08:40 PM
  #21
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 6,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
Paul Kariya. Not sure if another Canadian is out there.
Since Canada hasn't lost an Olympic final since 1994 there's certainly no active players. Conor McDavid wasn't even born.

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2017, 10:13 PM
  #22
JackSlater
Registered User
 
JackSlater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Since Canada hasn't lost an Olympic final since 1994 there's certainly no active players. Conor McDavid wasn't even born.
Yes that is clear. I was more thinking of the 1994 and 1992 players, but I hadn't check those teams thoroughly. After a few minutes of checking, there are several players on those teams with two of the three necessary elements: Eric Lindros, Sean Burke, Jason Woolley, Dave Archibald, Greg Johnson. Needless to say that none of them will be collecting the final piece of this trifecta of failure. There is also the odd player like Glenn Anderson who played in the Olympics (and lost) prior to playing in the NHL. Anderson actually did finish second in the NHL playoffs and IIHF WC, but Canada was sixth at the 1980 Olympics when he played.

JackSlater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2017, 11:20 AM
  #23
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 6,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSlater View Post
Yes that is clear. I was more thinking of the 1994 and 1992 players, but I hadn't check those teams thoroughly. After a few minutes of checking, there are several players on those teams with two of the three necessary elements: Eric Lindros, Sean Burke, Jason Woolley, Dave Archibald, Greg Johnson. Needless to say that none of them will be collecting the final piece of this trifecta of failure. There is also the odd player like Glenn Anderson who played in the Olympics (and lost) prior to playing in the NHL. Anderson actually did finish second in the NHL playoffs and IIHF WC, but Canada was sixth at the 1980 Olympics when he played.
I'm just more depressed that a tournament I remember with one of my favorite players ever is so long ago current NHL ers weren't even a live for

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.