HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mayweather wins again...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2010, 07:37 PM
  #76
Money May*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Hey Money May! ya you, Mr. Casual Fan himself....

Boxing is a dying sport
I guess thats why boxing does better on PPV thats why Dana White didnt put UFC 113 on the same night as Mosley-Mayweather

Money May* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 09:24 PM
  #77
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money May View Post
I guess thats why boxing does better on PPV thats why Dana White didnt put UFC 113 on the same night as Mosley-Mayweather
It's just a matter of time, MMA is by far the fastest growing sport in the world, mainly because of the UFC. THE HUGE problem with boxing is the lack of prospects the last few years where as MMA has new hidden talent coming out every 6 months. Brazil is sold on MMA because of Jui-Jitsu and the adoption of Muay Thai, Japan is sold because of Karate, it's ultra popular in Canada and there's more and more U.S fighters coming in.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 09:45 PM
  #78
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
Pac is not more skilled than may

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 09:53 PM
  #79
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money May View Post
Lol, hate much?

Why would Mayweather go down to 140 when it was Hatton who wanted the fight? who was P4P #1? yeh Mayweather. I didnt like the Marquez fight, I think he should of fought Shane instead for a comeback or at least Timothy Bradley. And what are you talkin about Judah havin to climb weight? LOL Judah was the linear welterweight champ then lost it to Baldomir and fought Mayweather...he was always a welterweight lol

Pacquiao makes fighters come down in weight which is more dangerous, look at Delahoya seriously man. DLH never fought at 147 for 8 years and looked like a corpse standing there infront of Pac and Cotto barley makes 147 as it is and had to come down to 144 for his own damn belt. Pac belongs at welterweight, if he is just knockin junior welterweights out all the time why waste his time???

But Mayweather is lookin at fightin Sergio Martinez @ 160 for the WBC middleweight belt for the chance to be a 7 time world champ in 6 different weight classes which would be more impressive than Pacquiao's achievments if it is done. But I like both fighters but would choose Martinez to squeeze out a UD 7-5 rounds because of his stanima, size, and his speed at middle weight
I've said this before but you chose to ignore it. Everyone, including you I'm sure, thought that DLH would absolutely MURDER Pacquiao. He was a pretty big underdog coming into that fight and everone was pegging it to be a gigantic mismatch. People were threatening to boycott the fight since they thought it was a ridiculous mismatch. DLH gets destroyed and now the weight drained issue conveniently comes up. Pretty lame. Specially when Pacquiao does the unthinkable and stops him. Credit has to be given where its due.

As for Cotto, if you're finicky with pounds, the fight was pegged for 145 NOT 144, and Cotto already weighed 146 in his PREVIOUS fight versus Clottey. So you're whining about a WHOPPING ONE POUND difference when Pacquiao isn't even a true welterweight. Sorry, I don't buy it. Cotto had absolutely no excuses to give but you're clamoring for one.

And honestly, Pac's resume already destroys Mayweather's simply because he had fought and beaten (repeatedly I might add) better opposition in lower weight classes. Castillo and Corrales do not hold a candle over the trifecta of Barrera/Morales/Marquez. Even if Mayweather grabs lineality at 160, it won't trump what Pac has done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Pac is not more skilled than may
No he's not. But as an athletic specimen, they're neck to neck.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:33 PM
  #80
Money May*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I've said this before but you chose to ignore it. Everyone, including you I'm sure, thought that DLH would absolutely MURDER Pacquiao. He was a pretty big underdog coming into that fight and everone was pegging it to be a gigantic mismatch. People were threatening to boycott the fight since they thought it was a ridiculous mismatch. DLH gets destroyed and now the weight drained issue conveniently comes up. Pretty lame. Specially when Pacquiao does the unthinkable and stops him. Credit has to be given where its due.

As for Cotto, if you're finicky with pounds, the fight was pegged for 145 NOT 144, and Cotto already weighed 146 in his PREVIOUS fight versus Clottey. So you're whining about a WHOPPING ONE POUND difference when Pacquiao isn't even a true welterweight. Sorry, I don't buy it. Cotto had absolutely no excuses to give but you're clamoring for one.

And honestly, Pac's resume already destroys Mayweather's simply because he had fought and beaten (repeatedly I might add) better opposition in lower weight classes. Castillo and Corrales do not hold a candle over the trifecta of Barrera/Morales/Marquez. Even if Mayweather grabs lineality at 160, it won't trump what Pac has done.



No he's not. But as an athletic specimen, they're neck to neck.
Dude, casual fans thought DLH would win easy because he fought at middleweight but I knew he didnt fight at welterweight for so damn long (7.5 years) I knew he wouldnt be the same DLH of old. Im not gonna say I predicted Pac to win but I didnt think DLH would run away with it either. DLH's defence was **** and when I watched the 24/7 for their fight THATS when I figured he'd get beat because he was killin himself to make the weight.


If Mayweather does get the linear belt at 160 then that is better than what Pac has done simply because Pac and May both started at the same weight. C'mon Im a mayweather fan and I know the odds are highly against him against Martinez cuz Martinez not only has power he is damn fast for a middleweight...


Cant we just be freinds? lol chill out

Money May* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 10:50 PM
  #81
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,306
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Would you have given it to Garcia? I had Korean Zombie winning that fight.

His move in the 2nd round where he rolled on Garcia's back to take him down was sweeeet.
Yeah I can't believe Jung lost. He landed way more punches and agreed on the takedown.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:31 PM
  #82
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money May View Post
Dude, casual fans thought DLH would win easy because he fought at middleweight but I knew he didnt fight at welterweight for so damn long (7.5 years) I knew he wouldnt be the same DLH of old. Im not gonna say I predicted Pac to win but I didnt think DLH would run away with it either. DLH's defence was **** and when I watched the 24/7 for their fight THATS when I figured he'd get beat because he was killin himself to make the weight.


If Mayweather does get the linear belt at 160 then that is better than what Pac has done simply because Pac and May both started at the same weight. C'mon Im a mayweather fan and I know the odds are highly against him against Martinez cuz Martinez not only has power he is damn fast for a middleweight...


Cant we just be freinds? lol chill out
Sorry I don't buy it. The uproar was universal not only to "casual boxing fans". Casual boxing fans didn't even know much about the size differential, they just knew the name and assumed it would be a good fight. Everyone else knew DLH slowed down but the size difference was so monumental everyone thought the fight was a joke. Pac clearly shocked the boxing world with the stoppage.

Mayweather may have started at flyweight at some point in his career but Pac was a WORLD CHAMPION at that weight. Not even comparable. Only man in history to win titles in flyweight to welterweight. That coupled with the the Marquez/Morales/Barerra domination and the war of resumes goes to Pac, even if Floyd beats Martinez. Maywether has no wins that Pacquiao cannot trump.

Anyweyz, I think its a shame you have to discredit Pacquiao just because you're a Floyd Mayweather fan. That just makes you a Flomo. You list great boxers of the past but you're currently dissing another all-time great in Pacquiao. How can you claim to be a student of the sport and be blind of what's in front of you?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2010, 11:43 PM
  #83
Sined
The AndroidBugler!
 
Sined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Sorry I don't buy it. The uproar was universal not only to "casual boxing fans". Casual boxing fans didn't even know much about the size differential, they just knew the name and assumed it would be a good fight. Everyone else knew DLH slowed down but the size difference was so monumental everyone thought the fight was a joke. Pac clearly shocked the boxing world with the stoppage.

Mayweather may have started at flyweight at some point in his career but Pac was a WORLD CHAMPION at that weight. Not even comparable. Only man in history to win titles in flyweight to welterweight. That coupled with the the Marquez/Morales/Barerra domination and the war of resumes goes to Pac, even if Floyd beats Martinez. Maywether has no wins that Pacquiao cannot trump.

Anyweyz, I think its a shame you have to discredit Pacquiao just because you're a Floyd Mayweather fan. That just makes you a Flomo. You list great boxers of the past but you're currently dissing another all-time great in Pacquiao. How can you claim to be a student of the sport and be blind of what's in front of you?
Haters gona hate.
Regardless of the hate on Pac and the hate on May, they are both going down in the Hall of Fame.

Don't need to prove it to haters. Their actions speak for themselves.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:28 AM
  #84
Money May*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Sorry I don't buy it. The uproar was universal not only to "casual boxing fans". Casual boxing fans didn't even know much about the size differential, they just knew the name and assumed it would be a good fight. Everyone else knew DLH slowed down but the size difference was so monumental everyone thought the fight was a joke. Pac clearly shocked the boxing world with the stoppage.

Mayweather may have started at flyweight at some point in his career but Pac was a WORLD CHAMPION at that weight. Not even comparable. Only man in history to win titles in flyweight to welterweight. That coupled with the the Marquez/Morales/Barerra domination and the war of resumes goes to Pac, even if Floyd beats Martinez. Maywether has no wins that Pacquiao cannot trump.

Anyweyz, I think its a shame you have to discredit Pacquiao just because you're a Floyd Mayweather fan. That just makes you a Flomo. You list great boxers of the past but you're currently dissing another all-time great in Pacquiao. How can you claim to be a student of the sport and be blind of what's in front of you?
LOL. anyone who calls someone a flomo is a pactard and anyone who calls anyone a pactard is a flomo. Like I said Mayweather isn't even my favorite fighter

My favorite boxers

1. Felix Trinidad
2. Ricardo Mayorga
3. Edwin Valero
4. Sergio Martinez
5. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

thats what I was tryin to say, casual fans didnt know the weight difference and thought it would be the DLH from the glory days against a little phillipino and I said myself I knew DLH was gonna be in for some hell then when I saw the 24/7 I knew Pac would win.

I am a student of the sport, I've been training for 2 years and starting my amatuer career when I get down to 160 Thats the one thing I can't stand about other boxing fans is all they do is talk **** and get too sensative when someone discredits another boxer, chill out lol



BTW, anyone who saw the PPV - on the pre fight hype videos if you saw that one guy in the MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS hoodie talkin about mayweather is the BIGGEST flomo i've ever seen and will see in my life, he made me ashamed to be a Floyd fan

Money May* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 01:38 AM
  #85
Russian Warrior
SWAG
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
James Toney gon whoop dat ass!!!

Randy Couture is going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 09:54 AM
  #86
Money May*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Gio View Post
James Toney gon whoop dat ass!!!

Randy Couture is going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear god no Toney doesnt have a chance in hell. As a boxer he is defensive and flat footed and that doesnt translate well to take downs and wrestlers by any means

Toneys KO power comes from breakin guys down and dont think he'll get enough time to do that, but MMA fighters dont have the chins that Toney has fighted but his power isnt that great at his age


Only boxer that has a chance to beat an MMA fighter is Ricardo Mayorga simply because he is a street fighter first and boxer 2nd. The reason he quit boxin is becuase he felt limited in fights cuz of the rules in boxing and wanted to fight more wide open like street fights


If Kimbo can get some Wins in MMA for bein a so called street fightin legend lol Ricardo Mayorga actually has credentials so he should get some wins, we'll see against Din Thomas

Money May* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 10:16 AM
  #87
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,877
vCash: 500
Mayweather will not risk his undefeated record vs Pacman.

Both fighters had agreed on the money, date, weight, almost everything when it comes to the contract for the fight, then mayweather brings up this new drug testing thing out of nowhere.

IMO...Pacman would win without too much trouble.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 11:09 AM
  #88
couris
Registered User
 
couris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Mayweather will not risk his undefeated record vs Pacman.

Both fighters had agreed on the money, date, weight, almost everything when it comes to the contract for the fight, then mayweather brings up this new drug testing thing out of nowhere.

IMO...Pacman would win without too much trouble.
No, the fight will be very hard to judge. Floyds one punch is faster than Pac but Pac is way faster in combinaison. It will be very difficult for both fighters.

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 04:03 PM
  #89
Money May*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
Mayweather will not risk his undefeated record vs Pacman.

Both fighters had agreed on the money, date, weight, almost everything when it comes to the contract for the fight, then mayweather brings up this new drug testing thing out of nowhere.

IMO...Pacman would win without too much trouble.
If a Journeyman (Josh Clottey) can bust up Manny as much as he was in thier fight, imagine what Floyd would do


The thing is Pac has his biggest problem with boxers who counter, and Floyd has problems with southpaws like anyone but Floyd's reach and boxing skills are what puts Floyd over the top against Pac

Money May* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 05:58 PM
  #90
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money May View Post
Dear god no Toney doesnt have a chance in hell. As a boxer he is defensive and flat footed and that doesnt translate well to take downs and wrestlers by any means

Toneys KO power comes from breakin guys down and dont think he'll get enough time to do that, but MMA fighters dont have the chins that Toney has fighted but his power isnt that great at his age


Only boxer that has a chance to beat an MMA fighter is Ricardo Mayorga simply because he is a street fighter first and boxer 2nd. The reason he quit boxin is becuase he felt limited in fights cuz of the rules in boxing and wanted to fight more wide open like street fights


If Kimbo can get some Wins in MMA for bein a so called street fightin legend lol Ricardo Mayorga actually has credentials so he should get some wins, we'll see against Din Thomas
And you know this how exactly?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 01:08 AM
  #91
Money May*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
And you know this how exactly?
Toney breaks fighters down with his punches, not a one punch knockout puncher. Ray Mercer has alot more behind his punch than Toney




Freddie Roach expects Pac and May to fight Oct or Nov, I'd put on a big party for that fight !! Im gettin excited thinkin about it

Money May* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 08:13 AM
  #92
SensFactor
Registered User
 
SensFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
Mosley is 39 years old. Nice try.
Well he didn't look old when he demolished Margarito...and narrowly lost to Miguel Cotto.

SensFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 09:08 AM
  #93
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,980
vCash: 500
Speaking of boxing history, anyone of you ever heard of Salvador Sanchez or better seen any of his fights ?

I've seen a couple and he became one of my favorite all time boxers.

Really wish there was a library of old time fights on the web you could watch. It would be pretty awesome.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 11:15 AM
  #94
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
If you want an amazing MMA fight, check out Leonard Garcia vs the Korean Zombie. 0 technique, 100% awesome.

http://mmahits.com/fight-video/mma-v...han-sung-jung/
That was pretty crazy. But these two look like journeymen with, as you said, no technique.

For me, nothing will ever beat fights like Hearns VS Hagler. Or Sanchez vs Nelson/Gomez. Real world class top boxers going toe to toe in all out wars. And we'll never see that no more

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 04:04 PM
  #95
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Speaking of boxing history, anyone of you ever heard of Salvador Sanchez or better seen any of his fights ?

I've seen a couple and he became one of my favorite all time boxers.

Really wish there was a library of old time fights on the web you could watch. It would be pretty awesome.
Oh man, what could have been. The man built a hall of fame career by the age of 23 before tragedy struck. Best featherweight of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
That was pretty crazy. But these two look like journeymen with, as you said, no technique.

For me, nothing will ever beat fights like Hearns VS Hagler. Or Sanchez vs Nelson/Gomez. Real world class top boxers going toe to toe in all out wars. And we'll never see that no more
World class toe to toe in fairly recent memory:

Diego Corrales - Jose Luis Castillo 1

Filthy inside fighting with world class technique with an EPIC finish.

Rafael Marquez - Israel Vasquez 1,2,3

Timeless trilogy in recent time and they're actually fighting a 4th time which is unheard of in modern boxing.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 05:10 PM
  #96
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money May View Post
Toney breaks fighters down with his punches, not a one punch knockout puncher. Ray Mercer has alot more behind his punch than Toney




Freddie Roach expects Pac and May to fight Oct or Nov, I'd put on a big party for that fight !! Im gettin excited thinkin about it
That's not what i ment, how do you know MMA fighters don't have chins as hard as boxers?

BTW, since you were talking about Mayorda yesterday, he said that if he loses his MMA fight he'll quit MMA for good, but if he beats him 1st round KO like he predicts, he's going after Mayweather.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 05:12 PM
  #97
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That's not what i ment, how do you know MMA fighters don't have chins as hard as boxers?

BTW, since you were talking about Mayorda yesterday, he said that if he loses his MMA fight he'll quit MMA for good, but if he beats him 1st round KO like he predicts, he's going after Mayweather.
Mayorga? going after Mayweather?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 09:11 PM
  #98
Money May*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That's not what i ment, how do you know MMA fighters don't have chins as hard as boxers?

BTW, since you were talking about Mayorda yesterday, he said that if he loses his MMA fight he'll quit MMA for good, but if he beats him 1st round KO like he predicts, he's going after Mayweather.
MMA fighters aren't constantly workin on thier chins and usin neck developers. Plus pro boxers are pro boxers BECAUSE they can take a heavy punch.


Mayorga wouldnt have a chance against Mayweather

Money May* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
  #99
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That's not what i ment, how do you know MMA fighters don't have chins as hard as boxers?

BTW, since you were talking about Mayorda yesterday, he said that if he loses his MMA fight he'll quit MMA for good, but if he beats him 1st round KO like he predicts, he's going after Mayweather.
If true, hilarious

Mayorga got served by De La Hoya after his prime and Mayorga was in his prime when he got beat.

Mayweather should just ignore that fight.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:57 AM
  #100
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money May View Post
MMA fighters aren't constantly workin on thier chins and usin neck developers. Plus pro boxers are pro boxers BECAUSE they can take a heavy punch.


Mayorga wouldnt have a chance against Mayweather
Usin what?

Anyways, i still don't think it's true, because of the takedown attempts, clinches and kicks, MMA fighters have a lot more possibilities of connecting their opponent with their body going straight forward and getting the KO.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.