Old
04-09-2015, 05:30 PM
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
A storm is coming

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Numminen View Post
I've said it before, but I cannot see us finishing in the basement of the central next year.

On paper, I would say we are currently stronger than Nashville for sure. Colorado is a toss up, but I think they will regress a ton and we will finish ahead of them. The Wild could be a toss up as well.

I say we finish at least 5th in the Central.
5th in the central? Check

Ahead of the Avs? Check

Ahead of the Preds?

I had been saying I predicted playoffs. And we are damn close.

04-09-2015, 05:41 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I do think we'll fight for the last wildcard spot - with the loss of a couple of key players, and some regression in net for the Avs and some improvement from a Pavs/Hutch tandem, I could see the Jets fighting with them for the last berth.
I had the wrong team fighting with us for the WC spot, but otherwise...

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Awesometrax

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Numminen View Post
5th in the central? Check

Ahead of the Avs? Check

Ahead of the Preds?

I had been saying I predicted playoffs. And we are damn close.
At the same time I don't think too many people if anyone thought they'd be this good though. To me, it almost seems like Stars turned into us from last year, only better offensively and considerably worse defensively. Seems like they missed the net A LOT this year, which used to be a huge problem with us.

Awesometrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 69
Some pretty good predictions here for many. .. fun to look back on.

04-09-2015, 06:31 PM
troubabooster
Bring on the saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinch View Post
It is indeed early yet in the off-season, and I reserve the right to change my prediction if there are some major moves that happen before the official start of the season. Right now, however, I see things progressing well in the organisation aside from the goalie question. I like the fact that the two-way contract guys have more to play for than ever before. The carrot of a higher salary is being dangled on the one hand. On the other hand, the one year contract says put up or shut up. Prospects have a chance to fight for at least one third line spot right now, as well as some fourth line possibilities. I think O'Dell will be a 20/20 man this year (Stempniak? Are you joking?) Scheifele will continue his progress and achieve a point per game production. Kane will find his groove with Scheifele and/or Perrault. I think Morrisey will make the team and continue the crazy progress that he showed during the Calder Cup run. Hutchinson will push Pavalec for goaltending opportunities. Pavalec will sense the heat and bring it more often. Other parts of the team will produce similarly to last year. The team generally will respond to Maurice's style and system and produce several more wins this coming year.

All of this will produce 5-7 more wins this year, good for 5th in the Central and 8th in the West. We are playoff bound, albeit ever so marginally!
Mighty good prediction Clinch! A little off about O`dell & Schief ... and whats this about Stempniak....

troubabooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
I'd like to think you could be right JC, but nothing from Chevy in 3 yrs has said, "mind blowing move".

I know it's still fairly early into the summer, but I just don't see our roster being all that different than it is now, heading into camp. I would think most of the Central teams will look pretty close to what they are now. Chicago has to dump salary, but may wait until camp or exhibition season to make that move.
And then the Evander Kane trade happens.

I didn't think Chevy would make the moves needed to be a playoff contender. I underestimated him.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2015, 06:44 PM
puck stoppa

It is fun. There were heated exchanges in other threads to about predictions. I got ripped on for saying Dallas may suck despite all the moves and that we could finish above them. Hope we win tonight so I can be right about wildcard! Some crow always taste good too

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote