HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2016, 04:29 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

vCash: 500
When I saw the article I was a little surprised there were quotes from MacDougall in it regarding their potential recruitmemt...I thought that was unlike him to talk about it at this stage of the summer.

If these two join the team that would only leave one more spot (barring any unexpected departures).

Old
05-05-2016, 04:53 PM
gleanerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
No offence to Bill, but I get the sense he was attempting to force Gardiner's hand on his recruiting targets. Gardiner HATES to talk about any of his recruits until he has them signed up, and preferably when they've shown up in town to work the summer hockey schools.

Missing from the article was the fact that CIS recruiters are not allowed to contact Major Junior players until after they are eliminated from the playoffs. So the fact that MacDougall has not yet had a sit down with Cooper and Murphy is perfectly normal.

Gardiner has seen these players develop since they were V-Reds Prospects, so I am sure he had probably already made up his mind about them. I'm no expert, but my hunch is that Murphy is probably a lock to get that lineup spot vacated by Wall. I could see Cooper battling for a spot on the fourth line for his first year with the V-Reds.
Not to get drawn into this, because it's not a huge controversy, but I had the same assumption as everybody else -- these are two guys who are Fredericton natives, grew up in those V-Reds Prospects program -- it seems like the next logical step. I simply presented that scenario to Cooper. Not a matter of "forcing anybody's hand" at all.
Both players have completed their junior careers, so the logical question is "What's next?" Sheesh

Old
05-06-2016, 08:33 AM
FreddtFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleanerguy View Post
Not to get drawn into this, because it's not a huge controversy, but I had the same assumption as everybody else -- these are two guys who are Fredericton natives, grew up in those V-Reds Prospects program -- it seems like the next logical step. I simply presented that scenario to Cooper. Not a matter of "forcing anybody's hand" at all.
Both players have completed their junior careers, so the logical question is "What's next?" Sheesh
Just yankin' your chain Bill.

How's it goin'?

Old
05-06-2016, 03:02 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

I see Portland may be losing their AHL team...UNB might have look elsewhere for an AHL game.

Old
05-06-2016, 11:23 PM
Rob

This is the time of year I really loathe the stupid cap rule.

Old
05-20-2016, 04:32 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

Don't know how many of you have seen this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQi8yV5wJs

Old
06-18-2016, 12:56 AM
Rob

I see UNB is playing McGill on Friday September 24th. Last time they played in Montreal was back in 2012. They played McGill on Friday night and Concordia on Saturday afternoon. Concordia will be playing at Acadia that weekend so it looks like UNB might just have the one game this time around.

Also, I'm assuming the Ryerson trip isn't going to happen now.

Old
06-18-2016, 12:57 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
Don't know how many of you have seen this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldQi8yV5wJs
Video was removed. Must not have had permission from Sportsnet to use highlights of the finals. Shame.

Old
06-18-2016, 08:14 AM
UNB Bruins Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I see UNB is playing McGill on Friday September 24th. Last time they played in Montreal was back in 2012. They played McGill on Friday night and Concordia on Saturday afternoon. Concordia will be playing at Acadia that weekend so it looks like UNB might just have the one game this time around.

Also, I'm assuming the Ryerson trip isn't going to happen now.
You have to think they will be going down south for two games before the season + keep two games over Christmas. If that's the case the game in McGill only leaves them with one more pre-season game...I hope it is a home game but at the same time it seems kind of silly to go all the way to Montreal for one game.

The new exhibition rules are lame, I would have much rather kept the 28 game schedule + 10-12 exhibition games than 30 + 6.

Closed Thread