HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2013, 01:47 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
I could see one of Miller, Halak, or Hiller being one of the goalies with Allen next season.

We could potentially grab Dubnyk like we didn't with Elliott. I think he is still a good goalie stuck behind that junior team in Edmonton.

Old
11-19-2013, 01:59 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I could see one of Miller, Halak, or Hiller being one of the goalies with Allen next season.

We could potentially grab Dubnyk like we didn't with Elliott. I think he is still a good goalie stuck behind that junior team in Edmonton.
I agree on Dubnyk, but I'd rather have him as a cheap back-up with upside (like Elliott was). I don't think it would be wise to go with him as the starter.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:03 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I agree on Dubnyk, but I'd rather have him as a cheap back-up with upside (like Elliott was). I don't think it would be wise to go with him as the starter.
Right, he would have to be just like Elliott as a 2-way tryout type contract

Old
11-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#firstroundexit

vCash: 500
A Dubnyk+Allen combo would slightly scare me next year, but I think it would be decent, especially if Allen is at the top of his game.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:08 PM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

In my scenario, he'd be #3 and would have to prove that he can be a good NHL goalie in camp. No way in hell would I have him as a 1 or 2 option to start camp. He might get a chance somewhere else, but with the season he's having, I doubt it.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:15 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post

I think next year will go something close to this. I'd like to see a solid veteran that can give you some really solid starts while serving as a mentor to Allen.

The Blues can save a lot of money at the goaltending position next year while potentially not losing anything in performance and use the saved cash to invest in a center.

I think the biggest item Alklha and I disagree on is how high the blues view Allen internally in the short run.

Regardless, I think this has been exhausted. We'll see how it plays out.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#firstroundexit

I think the Blues think that Allen will be a future starter, and is their future starter. They traded away the other candidates and Binnington and Lundstrom are still years away form making an NHL impact.

Though I think Dubnyk is a good goalie and will rebound from being on an abysmal Oilers team, I just don't see the team putting most of the games on the shoulders of Allen. I just can't imagine a goalie like him, so young and inexperienced taking this team to the cup next year.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:10 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Feel like I'm being Punk'd. I think Dubnyk is literally the worst goalie in the NHL. I would literally rather roll Allen/Binnington as a combo than have that stiff anywhere near the team. Without hesitation I think he is the easiest goalie to light up. Feels like the Blues blow his awful self out every time they play.

Old
11-19-2013, 03:30 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Feel like I'm being Punk'd. I think Dubnyk is literally the worst goalie in the NHL. I would literally rather roll Allen/Binnington as a combo than have that stiff anywhere near the team. Without hesitation I think he is the easiest goalie to light up. Feels like the Blues blow his awful self out every time they play.
Yeah I was hoping I wasn't alone in thinking this

Old
11-19-2013, 03:35 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
I think your spot on. I think he would struggle to stop a beach ball. Not that thrilled with any goalie candidate being talked about either.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:01 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one. Dubnyk/Allen tandem would be horrendous. The Blues play great defense, and we'd still make the playoffs, but not a chance in hell that team makes a serious run.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
This may sound slightly hypocritical based on my comments on Halak previously but if Halak is NOT the guy, go get someone who will be the guy, not another tandem.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:19 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

New thread is up.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1542023

Closed Thread