Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Stars @ Ducks 2/1/14 at 1900 Hours

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 500
Team misses Bonino. He's a big presence on the team. Think they slid a bit without him last year too.

Old
02-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaspud View Post
This cannot be repeated enough!

Quite a few others looked incredibly lazy, especially the top line. Losing Fistric really screwed with the D, and forced them to play more minutes contributing to sloppy play.
The first goal given up was because our forwards didn't backcheck. I think that was the first line on the ice, IIRC. On one of the replays, the POV was from behind the goalie and you can see two Duck forwards on the other side of ice as Dallas players were crashing the net. Hazy denoted this as he was saying that it was a Dallas Defenseman potting the rebound.

Also, our PP looked stagnant yet again. It seems like we're not skating hard as a whole. There are a few skaters out there hustling, but as a team, it doesn't look like we have the urgency. It all starts with Getzy, though. Cogs does work his butt off, but Getz sets the tone.

But wow, both goalies played well. Ellis was amazing last night and Dallas' defense was aggressive. Last night's game had some spurts of how we usually play, but it was a bit boring, slow, and not in sync. Kinda like the USA v South Korea friendly soccer game I watched earlier in the day. (Plus side is to that game is they were missing important players and were trying out other players as it's only a friendly.)

In the intermission interviews basically said the same things most of us were saying about the game. So it's not like the team isn't aware of their lack of intensity/game, but it's the fact we're not changing like we did earlier in the year to turn our jets on and come back for the win. We've just been inconsistent. But losing so many games at home after being so dominant makes me one sad panda.

Old
02-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
We could use another player like Etem even if he is not producing you know he is giving 100% like Cogs. It goes a long way.

Old
02-02-2014, 02:49 PM
NEWFowler
hi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks Nation View Post
We could use another player like Etem even if he is not producing you know he is giving 100% like Cogs. It goes a long way.
I agree. If the slump continues I'd like to see him up for a couple games.

Old
02-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFowler View Post
I agree. If the slump continues I'd like to see him up for a couple games.
This isn't possible without another player being put on IR, a trade of a roster player, a roster player going through waivers (which won't happen s there's nobody who won't be claimed), or swapping Etem for Steckel (exceedingly unlikely as it forces Winnik into the 4th line C and prevents the ability to have Winnik on the 3rd line for teams that require the 3rd line at full strength defensively - the line takes a substantial hit defensively with Palmieri or Silfverberg on it, and it's unlikely BB would be comfortable not having a 5th C option on the roster in case of a warmups injury).

Etem won't be up until after the trade deadline.

Old
02-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
This isn't possible without another player being put on IR, a trade of a roster player, a roster player going through waivers (which won't happen s there's nobody who won't be claimed), or swapping Etem for Steckel (exceedingly unlikely as it forces Winnik into the 4th line C and prevents the ability to have Winnik on the 3rd line for teams that require the 3rd line at full strength defensively - the line takes a substantial hit defensively with Palmieri or Silfverberg on it, and it's unlikely BB would be comfortable not having a 5th C option on the roster in case of a warmups injury).

Etem won't be up until after the trade deadline.
I said we could use...

We could also use a top pairing defensemen like Shea Weber or prime Chris pronger. Or Sidney Crosby.

Old
02-03-2014, 01:29 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 478
team is in a funk, if the slump continues... were 3 and 2 in our last 5 games.

what would 2 3 and 0 be, the apocalypse?

game was a bit frustrating, but they got some chances and played alright for large portions of the game. they were just a bit off in this one and dallas played really well.

Old
02-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
team is in a funk, if the slump continues... were 3 and 2 in our last 5 games.

what would 2 3 and 0 be, the apocalypse?

game was a bit frustrating, but they got some chances and played alright for large portions of the game. they were just a bit off in this one and dallas played really well.
The games vs the Kings we didn't even play well imo also.

Old
02-03-2014, 01:53 PM
DucksFanDFW

vCash: 700
I know we can't win them all, but is it too much to ask that we win against the one ****ing team I hate more than any other? Especially while I'm sitting in a bar surrounded by wannabe Dallas fans that couldn't even tell me what icing was (even though they have been following the team for 3 years). The hangover yesterday was horrid. I stayed in bed and watched just shy of 2 seasons of Scrubs to try and feel better.

Closed Thread