HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Klefbom: The bombs are back in town.

Old
05-25-2017, 03:59 PM
Spawn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
He need to utilize his amazing powerful slapshot more.
I actually kind of wish he wouldn't shoot quite as much . He's a bit one note in the offensive zone. He gets the puck, it's almost always ending up on net. I think he'll need to develop a bit more dynamic decision making if we want him to take the next step offensively and become a truly elite offensive guy.

Not that he needs to become an elite offensive player. He could change nothing and still put up ~40 points a year which is definitely very valuable.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 04:06 PM
SK13
T. Yoshi Muchakoopas

vCash: 50
Yeah, Klefbom shoots plenty. He was one of nine defenders who had more than 200 shots this year. It may seem like he doesn't utilize it that much because he doesn't crank it as often on the PP. Only 35 of his 201 shots occured 5v4.

That's because he's a left shot on a powerplay where the only right handed player shoots the puck every time it comes to him. It's much harder to get him a one time opportunity.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Aceboogie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I actually kind of wish he wouldn't shoot quite as much . He's a bit one note in the offensive zone. He gets the puck, it's almost always ending up on net. I think he'll need to develop a bit more dynamic decision making if we want him to take the next step offensively and become a truly elite offensive guy.

Not that he needs to become an elite offensive player. He could change nothing and still put up ~40 points a year which is definitely very valuable.
I do agree he needs to continue to use his forwards more in O zone, that will turn him into a true beast. Someone like Burns or Karlsson can do major damage in O zone just from passing

Still I dont mind Klefbom shooting so much because his shot is great and it gets thru. Rarely blocked.

Plus for a fan base who constantly yells "shoooot" youd think Klefbom shooting all the time would be a dream for them

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2017, 10:19 AM
Aceboogie

vCash: 500
HERO Charts updated their format in a pretty unqiue new design. Basically rates player out of ten in points/ shot generation/ shot suppression. Closest thing to EA Sports Rating as weve ever had (gimmicky, but cool to visualise it)

You cna also compare select players to the a archetype type of role (Ie #1 D, 2nd pairing, 3rd pairing and ditto for forwards). Here is how Klefbom compares to #1D:

The only area Klefbom does not match or exceed what you expect from a #1 is ice time (just under #1 D average). This was mostly due to him being a fairly young D and missing more than half the season last year, so needing to be eased in this year. While this is not definitive proof hes a #1D I think its just yet another example that he should probably be considered one fairly soon ( I already have him as one)

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote