HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michigan Sports Talk IV: The Voyage to...

Old
08-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Props to the Tigers and Lobstein today. Kid gave us six solid innings, the pen held its ground, and we got a win out of it. Now we need to take care of business with ChiSox.

08-28-2014, 06:17 PM
probertrules24

Wasn't sure where to ask this and I hope it's not against the rules. Was hoping somebody could PM me with an answer. I'm so pumped for the start of college football season and watching Michigan. I'm pissed that I won't be able to watch the game this weekend and was wondering if anybody knew of any sites that I could download the game and watch it later.

I used to use mgovid**** but they no longer post the games for download and I've found that not all games are online or are very hard to find

Edit: should add I don't mind if its a pay per game site either.

Last edited by probertrules24: 08-28-2014 at 08:14 PM.
probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 01:39 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

If Miggy's injuries are hurting him so bad that he's gonna be useless at the 3 spot then you have to sit the guy. He's not helping the team right now. He needs to get healthy.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 04:02 PM
silkyjohnson50

He's having his worst season as a Tiger. He's not a threat to leave the ball park right now (will he even hit 20 this season?), his average is dipping, his strikeouts are way up, and most teams simply don't or shouldn't fear him right now. He's normal now. They need the superhero version of him. And I just don't think they're going to get it this year, which is a huge hit to their WS aspirations. I still think they'll make the postseason, but I definitely don't see them winning it all.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 04:37 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
He's having his worst season as a Tiger. He's not a threat to leave the ball park right now (will he even hit 20 this season?), his average is dipping, his strikeouts are way up, and most teams simply don't or shouldn't fear him right now. He's normal now. They need the superhero version of him. And I just don't think they're going to get it this year, which is a huge hit to their WS aspirations. I still think they'll make the postseason, but I definitely don't see them winning it all.
Baseball post-season seems to be mostly driven by luck and pitching so I don't know if Cabrera would be the deciding factor there. But I am not so sure they will make it there in the first place.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 09:48 PM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Baseball post-season seems to be mostly driven by luck and pitching so I don't know if Cabrera would be the deciding factor there. But I am not so sure they will make it there in the first place.
Pitching is always huge in the postseason and always will be, but so is clutch hitting and getting guys on base. Cabrera, when healthy, is those things and much more. He's been on base in nearly every postseason game that he's ever played in. Additionally, he's a huge power source, in the 3 hole, and a guy that would often get pitched very cautiously... As solid as Detroit's rotation is, it's no secret that their pen is a massive question mark. With that known weakness and no apparent end in sight to it, Detroit's lineup would have to be stellar to compensate for a pen that's likely to give up some runs. This current version of Cabrera puts a huge blow to that. And all of that is assuming that the rotation pitches as well as they're capable and expected too.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2014, 09:24 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Let's hope we have a fully-focused Verlander the rest of the way.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2014, 09:28 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Even if they win the division I've lost most of my hope with this team. I just don't see a world series caliber roster at this point. It's a shame Miggy is going to be nowhere near 100% for another playoff run... running out of time to win a championship and our best player is injured again.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 07:12 PM
Konnan511
#Loyalty

Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Fantastic Labor Day win.

Konnan511 is offline   Reply With Quote