Notices

1290 am - Part V

Old
Today, 08:57 AM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
It's very hard to follow whatever train of thought that Toth has sometimes.

He was talking to Hnidy this morning and asking about who the Jets should protect in the XD. And then he tried to talk about the Penguins sending a 1st to Vegas to keep MAF, so in his mind maybe that means the Jets are going to send their 1st to the Pens?

That show needs much more Reuwicki and Westwood, and a serious muzzle on Toth. It's unbelievable that he is actually the "Lead" on that show.
So we're going to give up a top 10 pick for MAF.... bahahaha

surixon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:03 AM
Channelcat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
The MAF talk is nuts. I wouldnt give a 2nd for him. All we need is a cheap 1B who's got one or 2 good years left. Heck, Viktor Fasth had an unbelievable year, and you could probably sign him for league min.

Channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:23 AM
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Awards:
I wouldn't give up anything for him, seeing as how the Pens are probably buying him out before the Expansion Draft.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:37 AM
SensibleGuy

Quote:

often pretty much impossible. He can't say anything without a litany of equivocations. It's all "...and I'm not saying this...and I'm not disputing that...and I get this and I get that but this and that and I'm not defending this other thing but I'm just saying..." He often just completely ignores any points the other guys make that don't back whatever his current line of "reasoning" is. In fact, he usually just absorbs the point and says something like "and that's what I'm saying" and then continues on as if the point that totally disproves what he's saying hadn't actually just been presented! lol...

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:49 AM
SensibleGuy

lol

Toth - "...and next up, Dave. Hi Dave go ahead."

Dave - "Hi guys what's the topic this morning?"

SensibleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:53 AM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomiller1 View Post
And now sighing at Westwood because Toth things Perreault isn’t consistent enough and Westwood is reading off his points per game and they are nearly the same for the last 4 seasons.
Jim gives off a mildly condescending vibe that access gives him more knowledge and he definitely has a strong appeal to authority reflex.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 09:56 AM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
often pretty much impossible. He can't say anything without a litany of equivocations. It's all "...and I'm not saying this...and I'm not disputing that...and I get this and I get that but this and that and I'm not defending this other thing but I'm just saying..." He often just completely ignores any points the other guys make that don't back whatever his current line of "reasoning" is. In fact, he usually just absorbs the point and says something like "and that's what I'm saying" and then continues on as if the point that totally disproves what he's saying hadn't actually just been presented! lol...
Bingo.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 10:12 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
I know, ridiculous. I can't imagine having to be Reuwicki or Westwood having to deal with that every day.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 11:45 AM
BigZ65

Quote:

He was talking to Hnidy this morning and asking about who the Jets should protect in the XD. And then he tried to talk about the Penguins sending a 1st to Vegas to keep MAF, so in his mind maybe that means the Jets are going to send their 1st to the Pens?

That show needs much more Reuwicki and Westwood, and a serious muzzle on Toth. It's unbelievable that he is actually the "Lead" on that show.
It's amazing someone could dedicate their life to covering sports and not even have some knowledge enter their brain by osmosis.

Like if I lacked the basic knowledge and facts that Toth and Lawless often do on a daily basis in my career I wouldn't have a job. All Lawless does ostensibly is cover the Jets and NHL (CFL a bit too) and he is still supremely confused about the Expansion Draft, which isn't even all that complicated. As a CFL fan I appreciate his network and ability to break stories, but listening to him try to break anything down is just brutal. He doesn't have much insight.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 12:08 PM
pucka lucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
It's amazing someone could dedicate their life to covering sports and not even have some knowledge enter their brain by osmosis.

Like if I lacked the basic knowledge and facts that Toth and Lawless often do on a daily basis in my career I wouldn't have a job. All Lawless does ostensibly is cover the Jets and NHL (CFL a bit too) and he is still supremely confused about the Expansion Draft, which isn't even all that complicated. As a CFL fan I appreciate his network and ability to break stories, but listening to him try to break anything down is just brutal. He doesn't have much insight.
It's fascinating isn't it? I really don't mind Lawless when it comes to the CFL. That's his wheelhouse, but anything else? I'd rather listen to my 4 year olds opinion on the Crosby Penguins.

pucka lucka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 05:41 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1317
The 1290 crew really does need to start doing some home work. Listening to the Big Show boys discussing the Poolman situation oblivious to just about every important point was painful this morning. Then listening to Lawless on the way home from work, with a little more information but still able to jumble everything up into an incoherent mess was as equally painful. I think at one point he argued that Poolman likely plays in the A, might be out 8 months recovering from shoulder surgery but is in the driver seat in negotiations and can write his own ticket...or something like that as I find him really hard to follow when he keeps mixing up his ideas mid thought.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote