HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frölunda HC, SHL (2018 Draft)

Old
06-24-2017, 01:14 PM
chunkylover53

vCash: 500
Awful season ending injury that could impact him longterm.

chunkylover53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:21 PM
Marky9er

Mono? Double hernia?

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Burnaby Joe
Makar!

vCash: 835
If he became a crackhead.

Burnaby Joe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Fantomas

Being a Swedish defenseman.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Tonka
9.5%?

vCash: 50
Feel like he's being touted as a generational defenseman, I doubt he will fall.
If he does, it will be because of injuries.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:24 PM
ulvvf

He is a young player, that just have had a breakthrough season, but he didnt have so much pressure on him this season, he had more everything to win. Next season he will have more pressure on him, people are expecting to be a dominate player in shl, and this could backfire on him. He maybe try to hard, it is very common that young players struggles after a breakthrough season and when the pressure gets higher.

ulvvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:28 PM
Kcoyote3

Really steep stairs I suppose

Kcoyote3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Hynh

More impressive seasons by other players

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:31 PM
TIGERCOOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyCanes View Post
I always wonder why this happens. It happened with Fowler, Kylington, Chychrun, and now Liljegren
Seems GMs are becoming increasingly wary of drafting high ceiling defenceman with their top picks. The position is comparatively difficult to project. It requires much more patience and an acceptance that the player is more likely to bust. Even when they don't, it takes them longer than their forward counterparts to reach their potential.

The pendulum has swung back a bit too far in the other direction though. All the players you listed were definitely drafted too low. Top pairing defenceman are nearly impossible to acquire any other way than drafting, and they're so important to building a perennial contender. It's definitely a risk worth taking in the top 10.

Dahlin could have a mediocre draft season and I'm sure loads of GMs would be smashing the panic button and passing him up for a "surer thing".

TIGERCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:41 PM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyCanes View Post
I always wonder why this happens. It happened with Fowler, Kylington, Chychrun, and now Liljegren
Fowler was the only one of those guys to fall on draft day.

1972 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:41 PM
HisNoodliness
LGRW

Ken Holland

HisNoodliness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Roy Baby

Only Jesus Christ himself. Only person that would go over him in the draft iirc

Roy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Steven1562

A poor draft season or injury ? Picking a defenseman with the 1st overall is always a risk.

Last edited by Steven1562: 06-24-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Steven1562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Leafidelity

vCash: 1634
A Maple Leafs plant insuring he gets mono

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2017, 02:30 PM
HavocWreaker

Meh season due to or in part caused by illness or injury. Especially trying to play through it. Which we have seen in the past.

HavocWreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Luddowich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulvvf View Post
He is a young player, that just have had a breakthrough season, but he didnt have so much pressure on him this season, he had more everything to win. Next season he will have more pressure on him, people are expecting to be a dominate player in shl, and this could backfire on him. He maybe try to hard, it is very common that young players struggles after a breakthrough season and when the pressure gets higher.
I don't think anyone expects him to be a dominant player in the SHL next year. If you do, you've probably got to calm down.
What i do expect is to see a good offseason and improved play from last year and probably being utilized as a key player for Frölunda next year. Generational or non-generational being a dominant player in the SHL is just crazy talk.

I expect around 15-25 points from him next year and improved consistency in his game. Huge target, but if there's any 17 year old defenseman who can do it then its him.

Luddowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:23 AM
ulvvf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddowich View Post
I don't think anyone expects him to be a dominant player in the SHL next year. If you do, you've probably got to calm down.
What i do expect is to see a good offseason and improved play from last year and probably being utilized as a key player for Frölunda next year. Generational or non-generational being a dominant player in the SHL is just crazy talk.

I expect around 15-25 points from him next year and improved consistency in his game. Huge target, but if there's any 17 year old defenseman who can do it then its him.
It is not me that need to calm down, it is the hype that needs. For moments here and there he was dominating in SHL last season, and the expections are very high going into the next season, just look at you. You claim to have fairly moderate expections, but still you expect around 25p and consistency in his game, that is pretty dominated numbers for a D in shl.

So what iam saying is that the expection on him from others and himself, could very well cause him to have a middle year, compare to last season where eveything he did was a plus, now it will be pressure on him to do the same and more. It is very common that young players in similar position struggle the season after.

It could also be that the coach do not give him the ice-time to succed, and playing in superelit will be consider a failure consider the hype.

ulvvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulvvf View Post
It is not me that need to calm down, it is the hype that needs. For moments here and there he was dominating in SHL last season, and the expections are very high going into the next season, just look at you. You claim to have fairly moderate expections, but still you expect around 25p and consistency in his game, that is pretty dominated numbers for a D in shl.

So what iam saying is that the expection on him from others and himself, could very well cause him to have a middle year, compare to last season where eveything he did was a plus, now it will be pressure on him to do the same and more. It is very common that young players in similar position struggle the season after.

It could also be that the coach do not give him the ice-time to succed, and playing in superelit will be consider a failure consider the hype.
Victor Hedman scored 21 points in 43 games in his draft season so if Dahlin is gonna live up to the "generational" hype he better score 25.

bottomofthefoodchain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 11:39 AM
VictorLustig

It depends a lot on how they use him. Fölunda's lone D-man on their top PP unit had 21 PP points last season, their 2nd most productive D-man had 3 PP points.

VictorLustig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 12:03 PM
LiasAndersson
17-18 Calder Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLustig View Post
It depends a lot on how they use him. Fölunda's lone D-man on their top PP unit had 21 PP points last season, their 2nd most productive D-man had 3 PP points.
I mean, Dahlin has to assume that role next year, no?

How did Hedman's PP time compare when he scored 21 in his SEL draft season?

Last edited by LiasAndersson: Yesterday at 12:10 PM.
LiasAndersson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by an Girar i View Post
I mean, Dahlin has to assume that role next year, no?
He'll get every opportunity, the PP QB from last season is gone. So it's up to Dahlin if him or newcomer Adam Almqvist takes that role.

Spectra is online now   Reply With Quote