2013 - Around the League Games - Part III

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 09:08 AM
bp13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Alfie looked pretty good against us. I think he is far from done. And believe me ,I am predisposed to think almost any player is done about a year to five years before his actual time
I agree he looked good against us. He won every single battle he was involved in (not just the ones against Seguin, which everyone wins). I don't know if I'd give up too much to get him, but he looked good to me.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
bp13

Does anybody want to talk abot the Flyers? These guys are a disaster and I feel like not enough is being made of it. It's not just the record it's the way they play. They barely compete and their defense is inexcusably disorganized and incompetent.

I continue to wonder how long they can hang on to their coach as if he was Scotty Bowman. I feel like any other coach in that spot would have been canned weeks, if not months or even seasons ago.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
GloryDaze4877
Dishonest Intellect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I agree he looked good against us. He won every single battle he was involved in (not just the ones against Seguin, which everyone wins). I don't know if I'd give up too much to get him, but he looked good to me.
This is not the thread to start the debate in, but I think that while Seguin does not always win his 1 on 1 board battles, the kid is 100 times better defensively this year.

Watch him on the forecheck, backcheck, and in the NZ. His positioning is very, very good, and I have seen him break up countless plays and force a bunch of turnovers.

I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but if you think Seguin is bad defensively and not competing, I'm not sure what you are watching?

Old
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
bp13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
This is not the thread to start the debate in, but I think that while Seguin does not always win his 1 on 1 board battles, the kid is 100 times better defensively this year.

Watch him on the forecheck, backcheck, and in the NZ. His positioning is very, very good, and I have seen him break up countless plays and force a bunch of turnovers.

I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but if you think Seguin is bad defensively and not competing, I'm not sure what you are watching?
That's not at all what I said though, and it seems you noticed that right? He is much better defensively, much better positionally, and he absolutely enters into way more battles than he ever did. I was just pointing out that he loses those battles at a borderline hilarious rate.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Tortorella is Italian for "short shelf-life."
Makes me think of Tortellini.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Makes me think of Tortellini.
As an Italian I am offended as someone who loves Tortellini I am hungry

Old
03-14-2013, 01:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
As an Italian I am offended as someone who loves Tortellini I am hungry
I am also italian and hungry.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I am also italian and hungry.
Lies all people in Montreal are French

Old
03-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Does anybody want to talk abot the Flyers? These guys are a disaster and I feel like not enough is being made of it. It's not just the record it's the way they play. They barely compete and their defense is inexcusably disorganized and incompetent.

I continue to wonder how long they can hang on to their coach as if he was Scotty Bowman. I feel like any other coach in that spot would have been canned weeks, if not months or even seasons ago.
I like the Flyers, followed them since the days of Lindros. What a disappointing season, and oddly, the usual scapegoat (Bryz) hasn't been that awful.

That defense is absolutely putrid, and yes, they're disorganized and incompetent because theyre not that talented. Only FLA, NYI and CGY are worse. I'd be willing to think theyd be more than happy to trade some of that scoring talent for a solid, top-pairing blue-liner. Offense is pretty decent...Voracek is insane. Roo is solid, maybe not playing to what he potentially could do. Hartnell's been pretty quiet since returing from injury, though he got on the board yesterday.

I don't know if that's all on Lavy, but coaches get to take the fall in this league. They have to decide if they want to make a move for a player at the deadline for the playoff push or sell. There's still time for them, but it's running out and even if they do make it, that team doesn't stand a chance in the offs.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:17 PM
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy

Speaking of coaches on the hot seat.....fans in the Peg chanted "Tortorella" as the Jets beat the Rangers 3-1 tonight. Much love to Peg fans.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:40 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Man the pens can score goals. In 3 more games played they've almost scored 30 more goals than us. The flip side of that is that they've also given up 25 more than us.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
neelyforpresident

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Man the pens can score goals. In 3 more games played they've almost scored 30 more goals than us. The flip side of that is that they've also given up 25 more than us.
They can thank Crosby, but more specifically, Dupuis and Kunitz can thank Crosby...and they can wash his jock, and send him xmas cards every year for making them look way better than they are.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Rumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelyforpresident View Post
They can thank Crosby, but more specifically, Dupuis and Kunitz can thank Crosby...and they can wash his jock, and send him xmas cards every year for making them look way better than they are.
You mean Rob Brown wasn't that good?

Old
03-14-2013, 11:23 PM
Nose Face Killah
Fight Owens Fight

Sharks are beating the Kings 3-1. 3rd Period coming up. Thank the hockey gods for the NHL Gamecenter App. Really need to upgrade so I can watch the Sharks' games

Old
03-14-2013, 11:33 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelyforpresident View Post
Dupuis isn't great but Kunitz can definitely play and not just because of Crosby.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:39 PM
neelyforpresident

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Dupuis isn't great but Kunitz can definitely play and not just because of Crosby.
Yea, Kunitz can play, absolutely. But he's 33 and on pace for 31 goals in a 48 game season. He isn't scoring at that clip because he's entering his prime and for that he can thank Mr. Crosby.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Fire Sweeney

Stuart gets DROPPED

Closed Thread