HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 - Around the League Games - Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2013, 09:08 AM
  #976
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
Alfie looked pretty good against us. I think he is far from done. And believe me ,I am predisposed to think almost any player is done about a year to five years before his actual time
I agree he looked good against us. He won every single battle he was involved in (not just the ones against Seguin, which everyone wins). I don't know if I'd give up too much to get him, but he looked good to me.

bp13 is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
  #977
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
Does anybody want to talk abot the Flyers? These guys are a disaster and I feel like not enough is being made of it. It's not just the record it's the way they play. They barely compete and their defense is inexcusably disorganized and incompetent.

I continue to wonder how long they can hang on to their coach as if he was Scotty Bowman. I feel like any other coach in that spot would have been canned weeks, if not months or even seasons ago.

bp13 is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
  #978
GloryDaze4877
Dishonest Intellect
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 29,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I agree he looked good against us. He won every single battle he was involved in (not just the ones against Seguin, which everyone wins). I don't know if I'd give up too much to get him, but he looked good to me.
This is not the thread to start the debate in, but I think that while Seguin does not always win his 1 on 1 board battles, the kid is 100 times better defensively this year.

Watch him on the forecheck, backcheck, and in the NZ. His positioning is very, very good, and I have seen him break up countless plays and force a bunch of turnovers.

I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but if you think Seguin is bad defensively and not competing, I'm not sure what you are watching?

GloryDaze4877 is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
  #979
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
This is not the thread to start the debate in, but I think that while Seguin does not always win his 1 on 1 board battles, the kid is 100 times better defensively this year.

Watch him on the forecheck, backcheck, and in the NZ. His positioning is very, very good, and I have seen him break up countless plays and force a bunch of turnovers.

I'm not sure if this is what you are saying, but if you think Seguin is bad defensively and not competing, I'm not sure what you are watching?
That's not at all what I said though, and it seems you noticed that right? He is much better defensively, much better positionally, and he absolutely enters into way more battles than he ever did. I was just pointing out that he loses those battles at a borderline hilarious rate.

bp13 is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 12:52 PM
  #980
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Tortorella is Italian for "short shelf-life."
Makes me think of Tortellini.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:05 PM
  #981
Bi Coastal Bawse*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Makes me think of Tortellini.
As an Italian I am offended as someone who loves Tortellini I am hungry

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:12 PM
  #982
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,520
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
As an Italian I am offended as someone who loves Tortellini I am hungry
I am also italian and hungry.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 01:13 PM
  #983
Bi Coastal Bawse*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I am also italian and hungry.
Lies all people in Montreal are French

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 10:15 PM
  #984
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Does anybody want to talk abot the Flyers? These guys are a disaster and I feel like not enough is being made of it. It's not just the record it's the way they play. They barely compete and their defense is inexcusably disorganized and incompetent.

I continue to wonder how long they can hang on to their coach as if he was Scotty Bowman. I feel like any other coach in that spot would have been canned weeks, if not months or even seasons ago.
I like the Flyers, followed them since the days of Lindros. What a disappointing season, and oddly, the usual scapegoat (Bryz) hasn't been that awful.

That defense is absolutely putrid, and yes, they're disorganized and incompetent because theyre not that talented. Only FLA, NYI and CGY are worse. I'd be willing to think theyd be more than happy to trade some of that scoring talent for a solid, top-pairing blue-liner. Offense is pretty decent...Voracek is insane. Roo is solid, maybe not playing to what he potentially could do. Hartnell's been pretty quiet since returing from injury, though he got on the board yesterday.

I don't know if that's all on Lavy, but coaches get to take the fall in this league. They have to decide if they want to make a move for a player at the deadline for the playoff push or sell. There's still time for them, but it's running out and even if they do make it, that team doesn't stand a chance in the offs.

Culture of Hockey is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 10:17 PM
  #985
Culture of Hockey
Classless Fanboy
 
Culture of Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between ET & CT
Country: United States
Posts: 8,581
vCash: 500
Speaking of coaches on the hot seat.....fans in the Peg chanted "Tortorella" as the Jets beat the Rangers 3-1 tonight. Much love to Peg fans.

Culture of Hockey is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 10:40 PM
  #986
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,407
vCash: 500
Man the pens can score goals. In 3 more games played they've almost scored 30 more goals than us. The flip side of that is that they've also given up 25 more than us.

dredeye is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
  #987
neelyforpresident
Registered User
 
neelyforpresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Man the pens can score goals. In 3 more games played they've almost scored 30 more goals than us. The flip side of that is that they've also given up 25 more than us.
They can thank Crosby, but more specifically, Dupuis and Kunitz can thank Crosby...and they can wash his jock, and send him xmas cards every year for making them look way better than they are.

neelyforpresident is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
  #988
Rumpy
Registered User
 
Rumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelyforpresident View Post
They can thank Crosby, but more specifically, Dupuis and Kunitz can thank Crosby...and they can wash his jock, and send him xmas cards every year for making them look way better than they are.
You mean Rob Brown wasn't that good?

Rumpy is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 11:23 PM
  #989
Nose Face Killah
Fight Owens Fight
 
Nose Face Killah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Methuen, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,030
vCash: 500
Sharks are beating the Kings 3-1. 3rd Period coming up. Thank the hockey gods for the NHL Gamecenter App. Really need to upgrade so I can watch the Sharks' games

Nose Face Killah is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 11:33 PM
  #990
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelyforpresident View Post
They can thank Crosby, but more specifically, Dupuis and Kunitz can thank Crosby...and they can wash his jock, and send him xmas cards every year for making them look way better than they are.
Dupuis isn't great but Kunitz can definitely play and not just because of Crosby.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
03-14-2013, 11:39 PM
  #991
neelyforpresident
Registered User
 
neelyforpresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Dupuis isn't great but Kunitz can definitely play and not just because of Crosby.
Yea, Kunitz can play, absolutely. But he's 33 and on pace for 31 goals in a 48 game season. He isn't scoring at that clip because he's entering his prime and for that he can thank Mr. Crosby.

neelyforpresident is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:48 AM
  #992
Fire Sweeney
Registered User
 
Fire Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 22,862
vCash: 500
Stuart gets DROPPED


Fire Sweeney is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.