HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2016-17 Champions Hockey League

Old
02-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Jablkon

vCash: 500
Shame that we injured two guys, but apart from that I realy liked how we hit in that game. That physical play was huge boost to the game.

Jablkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Slimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jablkon View Post
Shame that we injured two guys, but apart from that I realy liked how we hit in that game. That physical play was huge boost to the game.
That game had everything. Intend to watch the broadcast after work since I might have missed out on some awesome tidbits from my vantage point in the arena.

Slimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Jablkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmy View Post
That game had everything. Intend to watch the broadcast after work since I might have missed out on some awesome tidbits from my vantage point in the arena.
If you find any link with replay, post it. THX!

Jablkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Slimmy

Latest on KHL involvment in CHL: Rotenberg says they have offered CHL one or two games between respective champions. They also declined a similar offer made from the NHL.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:33 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

It is not so easy. KHL would accept some kind of deal with CHL only if there were clear benefits for KHL. CHL is played during IIHF break/EHT. KHL wont trade EHT for participation in CHL. The same with KHL schedule. As I know CHL offered to KHL to join in quaterfinals, KHL cannot do it due to reasons I wrote earlier. KHL´s offer is to play one or two games among CHL winner and KHL clubs. KHL wants to find out if there are some (financial and others) benefit for KHL. KHL has been preparing new strategy of development, the league wont make any change before the strategy is approved. CHL introduced its schedule for next season. So no cooperation earlier than 18/19 season.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Slimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
It is not so easy. KHL would accept some kind of deal with CHL only if there were clear benefits for KHL. CHL is played during IIHF break/EHT. KHL wont trade EHT for participation in CHL. The same with KHL schedule. As I know CHL offered to KHL to join in quaterfinals, KHL cannot do it due to reasons I wrote earlier. KHL´s offer is to play one or two games among CHL winner and KHL clubs. KHL wants to find out if there are some (financial and others) benefit for KHL. KHL has been preparing new strategy of development, the league wont make any change before the strategy is approved. CHL introduced its schedule for next season. So no cooperation earlier than 18/19 season.
How do you interpret KHL's offer to the CHL? Are they softening up to the idea of participating in the CHL? And if os, why?

It seems as if they have changed their strategy from expanding the league to the west to, instead, focus on the markets closer to home and to the east. The Croatian teams exit from the league is an embarrassment for the KHL. I'm sure they have learned a few lessons from that and want to emphasize stability and economical viability. I don't believe we will see any aggressive expansion of the KHL in the near future, as a result. Certainly not to the west. KHLs hands are tied if the national leagues say no and there are no signals whatsoever that the concerned national leagues have softened up to the KHL, in this regard..

In my eyes the creation of the CHL was in direct response to the KHL and the threat they posed to the individual national leagues. It also signaled an ambition to integrate the leagues and is basically the formation of an alliance. I believe that all the bigger clubs of Europe, who do not consider joining the KHL as an option, see the CHL as the start of an inevitable and necessary step to create a pan European league outside Russian control.

Last edited by Slimmy: 02-18-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old
02-18-2017, 01:14 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

KHL has not changed its attitude towards CHL. KHL current strategy (approved in Feb 2015, so in 1st CHL season) says that "CHL is not real/true league at the moment and is not alternative for european clubs joining KHL or playing in national championships" By real/true league they mean that CHL is not succesor of national championships with ambition to create one pan-euro league (like KHL wants). Briza, CHL Board member, said that main idea of CHL was to create such one league. I think that even Briza does not believe his own words. The same KHL strategy say that KHL should develop relationship with CHL but must protect interests of KHL and its clubs. And KHL has been doing it (therefore rejecting CHL offer about quarterfinal).

KHL Strategy is not only about expansion, it is more complex. I think KHL will expand to Europe, but there wont be "crazy ideas" as before. They will do it like with Jokerit - nobody expected it, all rumours were about Karpat or Espoo. Of course KHL wont accept every club, they will select among them.

I dont think CHL will become some kind of one pan-euro league for clubs who dont consider KHL as option. It is simple, CHL has not money for that and CHL leadership is not able to get money for the project. Medvedev was able to get money for such league (KHL) as Gazprom Deputy Chairman. CHL does not have such guys behind the project. Plus we have to take into consideration that national championships have big tradition, the problem was to create CHL, not to mention one pan-euro league. I am sure Swedes would never approve it. Czechs the same. Dont know about Suiss and Germans.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote