HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #31: Kings vs. Canadiens - 12/10/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 6-0!

Old
12-10-2013, 11:25 PM
lexlavender

vCash: 500
Feast.jpg

lexlavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfansince1967 View Post
Just back from the Bell Center. OK it's only a regular season game but as a LAK fan since day one and being a Montrealer, this is a moment to enjoy. Many many ghosts have been exorcised (The Forum, The Bell Center).

Habs fans were wondering "Martin who"; 6-0 can appear to be a blowout but if hadn't been for Jones in the first 10 minutes, this game could have been something else. The guy is incredible, so much poise in goal, great positioning. You had the sense nothing was going to go in and a point I was just laughing, it seemed unreal.

This team is at it's pinnacle for the time being. Has to be that way playoff time!

yes, a moment to enjoy for a long time (that has been a long, long time coming)

It's poetic justice that mont had a chance to score with 10 seconds left but the puck went wide. karma (WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?)

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Leo W

Didn't get to see the game, because **** finals. Haven't read any of the thread but I'm gonna go ahead and guess we played well.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:45 AM
TheSentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo W View Post
Didn't get to see the game, because **** finals. Haven't read any of the thread but I'm gonna go ahead and guess we played well.
From what i gather Jones got the shutout and a double hatty.

TheSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Some interesting twitter quotes...
Wow, those are awesome! Thanks!

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:10 AM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Feels so sweet to finally win in Montreal.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Martyros

So now we've got two backups who have atleast as many shutouts (each) in a handful of games as Quick has had in the past 2 years

Jones, while he got bailed out a good number of times in the Islanders game, was absolutely fantastic tonight.

It's a tough call on who starts tomorrow.
It's a Back to back, but Jones is coming off a solid performance, carrying a 2 game shutout streak with him.

I say Bernier vs Scrivens, let's see who got the better goalie in the trade

Last edited by Martyros: 12-11-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:20 AM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

I made the trip down to MTL for the game (only about a 1.5 hour drive). What a ****show. These are some of the most loyal fans in the world, it was 5-0 and they were still chanting olé olé olé olé. I was surprised at the amount of Kings fan in the stands, I was rocking my purple and gold Mike Richards jersey and gave at least 30 Kings fans daps and high fives. It felt damn good to get a win in Montreal, it's the first time I've ever been to the Bell Center.

The boys played an outstanding game, from top to bottom. That first PK was the difference, if MTL scores there, this is a completely different game. Martin Jones was on his game, he stood on his head in the first and the boys took over from there. Haven't missed a Kings game in Ottawa since 2000, and I don't plan on missing it on Saturday. Love these Canadian road trips, my favourite time of the year.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 02:55 AM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I made the trip down to MTL for the game (only about a 1.5 hour drive). What a ****show. These are some of the most loyal fans in the world, it was 5-0 and they were still chanting olé olé olé olé. I was surprised at the amount of Kings fan in the stands, I was rocking my purple and gold Mike Richards jersey and gave at least 30 Kings fans daps and high fives. It felt damn good to get a win in Montreal, it's the first time I've ever been to the Bell Center.

The boys played an outstanding game, from top to bottom. That first PK was the difference, if MTL scores there, this is a completely different game. Martin Jones was on his game, he stood on his head in the first and the boys took over from there. Haven't missed a Kings game in Ottawa since 2000, and I don't plan on missing it on Saturday. Love these Canadian road trips, my favourite time of the year.

Old
12-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Lshap

Just wanted to congratulate your team on a great game. Helluva backup goalie you've got! We all knew Montreal's streak had to end eventually and most of us Habs fans are glad it happened against a legitimate top team that we respect.

Until next time!

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 08:10 AM
stonedhenge

Brown and Stoll are perfect together. Two line killers that negate each other, so the outcome is positive. And Kopitar is playing great with Carter, who makes room for him. Defenders must keep Carter on radar, Brown not so much. Still think King shouldn't play on the first line. Waiting for Bobby Ryan next summer.

stonedhenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 09:12 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post

you weren't devastated you didn't get to see Lewis?

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Model62

Cripes, that #76 was kinda reckless with the cross checks.

Model62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model62 View Post
Cripes, that #76 was kinda reckless with the cross checks.
Nice!!

p.s. and does the thread title really need the word "regulation" win when the score was 6-0?? You win by 2 and it was in regulation.... just sayin'

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Just wanted to congratulate your team on a great game. Helluva backup goalie you've got! We all knew Montreal's streak had to end eventually and most of us Habs fans are glad it happened against a legitimate top team that we respect.

Until next time!
Thanks for the kind words

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post

Until next time!
Thanks man!

Old
12-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSentinel View Post
hilarious but so far true
Even though the leafs have the biggest and most loyal fanbase in the league, the ACC is terrible. Its all the suits. Wait til the game and its pretty damn quiet. You get to see the true leaf fans who stand out in the freezing cold in whatever its called by the hundreds and cheer for their team because they cant afford the ridic prices.

also just saw Lupul is back too but I dont think that will matter much with all their other injuries especially with the workhorse phaneuf out.

5-1 kings win imo

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 11:23 PM
AKAY47
Philly West Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
you weren't devastated you didn't get to see Lewis?
Hahaha still got to see my 2nd boyfriend, Toffoli!!

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote