HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dallas Stars 2013 Summer Prospect Camp - July 3rd to July 10th

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-10-2013, 06:26 PM
  #126
Primetimey
Registered User
 
Primetimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 674
Please also notice how Troock isn't playing.. probably injured

Primetimey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:13 AM
  #127
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloonda View Post
sounds like the jets messed up somehow with him
he could be some good depth with upside
The Jets didn't sign him and all 30 teams passed on him multiple times at the entry draft a week and a half ago, so I wouldn't get too excited about Yuen.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:19 AM
  #128
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 15,659
vCash: 500
Why waste a pick if you can sign him for free? Not saying he's a revelation or anything but I'm not sure what to take from him not being drafted a second time.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:30 AM
  #129
RastaRockett
Registered User
 
RastaRockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Kenya
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
The Jets didn't sign him and all 30 teams passed on him multiple times at the entry draft a week and a half ago, so I wouldn't get too excited about Yuen.
Hey, we got Dillon and Benn. Not saying he will be that but everybody gets a chance to prove themselves.

RastaRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 05:52 AM
  #130
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Why waste a pick if you can sign him for free? Not saying he's a revelation or anything but I'm not sure what to take from him not being drafted a second time.
Because if you draft him, even in the last round, he is your property. If you wait until after the draft he's a free agent and can sign anywhere he wants. Not one team wanted him enough to get his exclusive rights with a 7th round pick.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:31 AM
  #131
Klockis
Our Savior
 
Klockis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Brenden Dillon that is all.

Klockis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:41 AM
  #132
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 15,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
Because if you draft him, even in the last round, he is your property. If you wait until after the draft he's a free agent and can sign anywhere he wants. Not one team wanted him enough to get his exclusive rights with a 7th round pick.
Obviously. I don't think anyone thinks he's got an inside track to the NHL. The point is we didn't spend a draft pick on him and had a decent player in development camp. It's a win/win.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
  #133
Le Golie
...
 
Le Golie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Obviously. I don't think anyone thinks he's got an inside track to the NHL. The point is we didn't spend a draft pick on him and had a decent player in development camp. It's a win/win.
I guess it's also obvious to you that he could go to 10 other camps and sign with someone else. Nobody has won anything unless the Stars sign him and he sticks in the AHL, both of which are questionable.

When a player of value re-enters the draft he gets picked again by a team that doesn't want to see him turn into a UFA (see Brendon Kitchon this year and countless others in previous years). That's something you can take away from him not being picked up by anyone.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:02 PM
  #134
Primetimey
Registered User
 
Primetimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,170
vCash: 674
Stransky and Faksa staying with Nichushkin three weeks to train together after development camp.

Primetimey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:37 PM
  #135
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 7,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Stransky and Faksa staying with Nichushkin three weeks to train together after development camp.
That's really good news, glad to see that.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:15 PM
  #136
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 15,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
I guess it's also obvious to you that he could go to 10 other camps and sign with someone else. Nobody has won anything unless the Stars sign him and he sticks in the AHL, both of which are questionable.

When a player of value re-enters the draft he gets picked again by a team that doesn't want to see him turn into a UFA (see Brendon Kitchon this year and countless others in previous years). That's something you can take away from him not being picked up by anyone.
Congratulations. You seem more worked up over this than anyone here. We've got about eight defense prospects I'm concerned about before turning my attention to Zach Yuen.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:33 PM
  #137
TrillMike
Registered User
 
TrillMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Stransky and Faksa staying with Nichushkin three weeks to train together after development camp.
Great news!

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 11:46 AM
  #138
koth
Registered User
 
koth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,233
vCash: 883
How did Zach Yuen do at your development camp? He was originally drafted by the Jets in the 3rd round, but went unsigned, and then re-entered the draft only to go undrafted. No one seems to know how his game fell off so much in on year.

koth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2013, 11:59 AM
  #139
ginblossoms
Registered User
 
ginblossoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
consensus seems to be that yuen showed himself well. more polished than others during the drills. he's in the mix for a bottom pairing spot in austin. probably will shuffle back and forth between the ahl and echl.

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.