HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT - Finisher.......

Old
01-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Sparksrus3

vCash: 500
Time for a bump.

6 points behind Crosby!
2 goals 4 assists behind Crosby!
JT you rock!
Keep it up

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:37 PM
doublechili

vCash: 398
I'm actually amazed at how much JT has improved this year. He just looks so much better and stronger out there. Better linemates certainly help, but it's more than that.

JT = Zdeno Chara work ethic/will to succeed + all-time level hockey sense and stick skills. Closing the gap on Crosby (but don't post that on the main board! )

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 10:53 PM
A Pointed Stick
This Is Fine

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
I'm actually amazed at how much JT has improved this year. He just looks so much better and stronger out there. Better linemates certainly help, but it's more than that.

JT = Zdeno Chara work ethic/will to succeed + all-time level hockey sense and stick skills. Closing the gap on Crosby (but don't post that on the main board! )
Not 30 days ago the exact opposite was being said in here, that he looked like he took a step backwards this year.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 11:10 PM
redbull
2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post

He's far more consistent in his game, more balanced shooter vs passer and seems to really be clicking with his linemates. He makes so many great plays out there, little ones that go unnoticed and some amazing plays in the offensive zone. I know he's 6 behind Sid but I don't think we've seen the best from him just yet. I think he's got a lot more to go.

Wait until he goes on a hot streak. And I'm not kidding.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 06:09 AM
cjdv16

I've said it since his rookie year, JT is more of a playmaker than goal scorer. Particularly below the dots. His vision and short passes are elite. End of discussion.

He'll get his goals from in tight as well.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 10:34 AM
scott99

It's come to the point now where I'm shocked if he DIDN'T score at least a point in a game.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 10:38 AM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Not 30 days ago the exact opposite was being said in here, that he looked like he took a step backwards this year.
well, thats because it did. he looked a bit slower and we all marveled at how mediocre he seemed to be playing but still racking up the points. and we said, imagine what would happen when he got going....well, he got going. to me, he seems much faster and more crisp the last 20 games, i think having TV has really helped him. he used to go crazy every time a penalty was called or something bad happened, but ever since TV remarked about it, he's toned it down and focused on the game. i think that line thinks they can score every shift....and.....they.....can.

TeamKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 10:41 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
It's come to the point now where I'm shocked if he DIDN'T score at least a point in a game.
Me too. His consistency has been excellent. We've seen him go through prolonged slumps in the past, glad to see that he's put that behind him. Having legitimate high end linemates definitely helps in that regard.

JT keeps chugging along and answering all the critics. I also get the feeling that he's far from done too, that thought gets me excited.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

He is great fun to watch -- and I can't remember saying that about too many players the Isles have had.. umm..EVER had....

then you put him next to Okposo -- who is playing equally as awesome and driven and you have some magic.

Amazing how the results come when you are driven and put forth effort!!!

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Not sure if this should go in this thread, but it involves JT and just popped in my head:

If Vanek walks and the Isles don't bring in a UFA to replace him, my gut feeling is that Bailey will get that spot(at least at first). IF that happens and IF Bailey has a bounce back much like Okposo is having this year, does that confirm that Tavares is indeed the God of all things hockey?

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 03:03 AM
nyislesx23

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Not sure if this should go in this thread, but it involves JT and just popped in my head:

If Vanek walks and the Isles don't bring in a UFA to replace him, my gut feeling is that Bailey will get that spot(at least at first). IF that happens and IF Bailey has a bounce back much like Okposo is having this year, does that confirm that Tavares is indeed the God of all things hockey?
If he somehow manages to allow Bailey to have a year like Okposo is having this year, then yes, John Tavares is indeed the God of all things hockey.

nyislesx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 10:26 AM
PK Cronin
Bailey Fan Club Prez

Quote:

Bailey always plays well when he's paired with Tavares. He played well there last playoffs and during the pre-season. He also played well with Strome in the limited exposure they had together this season.

You could probably put CMac on JT's wing and he'd put up some pretty large numbers.

PK Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 10:55 AM
duster19

Quote:

And if Bailey doesnt produce?

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2014, 12:41 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLandHer View Post
Bailey always plays well when he's paired with Tavares. He played well there last playoffs and during the pre-season. He also played well with Strome in the limited exposure they had together this season.

You could probably put CMac on JT's wing and he'd put up some pretty large numbers.
Which is why I think they would try him there to start the season. Especially considering he's always played his best hockey with Okposo. Seems like a perfect fit, especially with the contract he was just given, the Isles will want to see some results and it's almost a guarantee if you put him in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster19 View Post
And if Bailey doesnt produce?
Then Bailey will probably get abused even worse than he does now. He'll officially be the first linemate Tavares has had(since he entered that 'elite' status, at least) that hasn't produced. Considering even Brad Boyes put up a 50+ point pace with Tavares, I'd be surprised if Bailey falls on his face.

In this scenario, my hope is that Bailey would realize the opportunity that awaits him during the offseason, and decide to take advantage of it much like Okposo did last summer. Spend at least a week or two training with JT and KO. Come to camp with a chip on your shoulder and attempt to prove the doubters wrong.

That said, I hope it's all moot, and Vanek is retained... obviously.

Old
01-27-2014, 03:48 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Anyone remember this gem? Please read if you could use a smile:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-than-we-think

Old
01-27-2014, 03:52 PM
SI90

Quote:
Anyone remember this gem? Please read if you could use a smile:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-than-we-think
I do remember that lmao....

its always funny when people use the Penalty kill car with JT....

SI90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 03:57 PM
simbo042

vCash: 50
I remember reading that article first time around, "Stepan is better than JT because he kills penalties" seemed to be the line if I remember correctly? Don't make anyone read it now!

Where is Stepan in league scoring by the way? Yes, joint 69th 35 points to JTs 64 points. Question is, would he still pick Stepan today?

simbo042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Frankie41987

My favorite thing is to look back at is Kyle Woodliefs comments from the Red Line report. He said Tavares was the 3rd best prospect on the knights behind Kadri and Phil Varone
He always had a lot of smack to talk about JT's ego and elitist attitude. Such nonsense.

Frankie41987 is offline   Reply With Quote