HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Olympics 2018 rosters (without NHL players)

Old
Yesterday, 09:11 AM
True Hockey Fan

vCash: 500
I would be actually interested to see the best canadian team outside of the NHL. There are some good players in the KHL, in other european leagues, maybe add some juniors, and maybe some AHLers if that's possible (probably not I guess), but definitely a team not without a chance to win. It would be hilarious

True Hockey Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Hockey Fan View Post
I would be actually interested to see the best canadian team outside of the NHL. There are some good players in the KHL, in other european leagues, maybe add some juniors, and maybe some AHLers if that's possible (probably not I guess), but definitely a team not without a chance to win. It would be hilarious
Canada would still have a good shot at a medal with just European players. I think people are overestimating Russia as being able to waltz right through the tournament. The only team that would sink dramatically would be the Americans. They would go from gold medal threat to probably below Switzerland and only above Norway, Germany and Slovenia

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:27 PM
jj cale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Canada would still have a good shot at a medal with just European players. I think people are overestimating Russia as being able to waltz right through the tournament. The only team that would sink dramatically would be the Americans. They would go from gold medal threat to probably below Switzerland and only above Norway, Germany and Slovenia
Agreed, they won't waltz through. This is not the 1970's or 80's anymore. The playing field is more level now, they will have a tough time winning even with all KHL players.

jj cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 11:15 AM
Skoalvalchuk

Too bad Kazakhstan took 2/3rds of what would be our 1st line with Dawes and Boyd..

Skoalvalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote