HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumors/Speculation Part IX: Dubinsky, Rozsival and a 2nd

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2013, 01:26 PM
  #1001
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Let's be real, we'd all do Girardi straight up for Connolly. Hopefully they can toss us a filler RHD.
would we?

bleedblue94 is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:27 PM
  #1002
Mint
U mad?
 
Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,751
vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
‏@Dagoon44 Rangers talking to 3 teams. 2 east 1 west Hags nash MDZ and Brass a couple of names floating
Interesting.

I could see Brassard + MDZ for Z.Smith + Methot, doubt Ottawa would do that though.

Not sure why Hagelin's name is being thrown around.

And I doubt there is a team dumb enough to absorb Nash's hefty contract. Which team would be interested in him?

Mint is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:44 PM
  #1003
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Interesting.

I could see Brassard + MDZ for Z.Smith + Methot, doubt Ottawa would do that though.

Not sure why Hagelin's name is being thrown around.

And I doubt there is a team dumb enough to absorb Nash's hefty contract. Which team would be interested in him?

I wonder if Burke would take a flyer on Nash to Calgary?

A team that is full of young players, fast ice home ice surface, need to meet cap floor on a yearly basis and has no marketable superstar.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:47 PM
  #1004
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BEUKEBOOM x View Post
I wonder if Burke would take a flyer on Nash to Calgary?

A team that is full of young players, fast ice home ice surface, need to meet cap floor on a yearly basis and has no marketable superstar.
He has a NMC so I doubt Calgary would even be in the discussion.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:49 PM
  #1005
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
He has a NMC so I doubt Calgary would even be in the discussion.
Seems no one on these boards can prove or disprove that the NMC has carried over to the NYR or that they have agreed to honor such transfer.

Unless I missed a post somewhere confirming Nash's trump card.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:52 PM
  #1006
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BEUKEBOOM x View Post
Seems no one on these boards can prove or disprove that the NMC has carried over to the NYR or that they have agreed to honor such transfer.

Unless I missed a post somewhere confirming Nash's trump card.
I can't prove it either but that's what i've read and heard. If that's the case then Calgary will likely not even be discussed.

I'd think Toronto, Montreal, Detroit. 3 possible destinations. Maybe others that are more tangible but off the top of my head those 3 make the most sense.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 01:53 PM
  #1007
Mint
U mad?
 
Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,751
vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
He has a NMC so I doubt Calgary would even be in the discussion.
If he does have that NMC, the value takes a further hit. IMO.

What teams would he realistically waive it for?

Mint is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 02:56 PM
  #1008
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 500
Kind of shocking in all of this Nash trade talk that we have not heard Bobby Ryan mentioned since he is up for a new deal after next season . He would be a big piece as Dagoon44 mentioned . Just throwing it out there ......

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
12-29-2013, 03:25 PM
  #1009
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Let's be real, we'd all do Girardi straight up for Connolly. Hopefully they can toss us a filler RHD.
I wouldn't. Connolly's career IMO has been very underwhelming. TB would have to give up a bit more for Girardi.

eco's bones is online now  
Old
12-29-2013, 04:00 PM
  #1010
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Abingdon, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,859
vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I wouldn't. Connolly's career IMO has been very underwhelming. TB would have to give up a bit more for Girardi.
I agree with this 100%. Just because the kid was a 6th overall pick... people would give up anything for him. Im sure these same people would have done the same with Benoit Pouliot... As a former top pick he is sure lighting up the league with Montr... Nevermind. What about Gilbert Brule. Another 6th OV that sure is the rock and cornerstone of Columb... Wait. Nevermind on that one as well.

The obsession of other teams top picks is really hard to fathom. Not to mention, isn't Connolly the one who had his hand basically reconstructed?

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.