HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 1990's: The Ultimate Edition

Old
03-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
NHL 1990's: The Ultimate Edition

I transformed my NHL 17 game into the 90's decade - personally, my favorite decade of hockey. The link above showcases my final version. Some features include:
  • Authentic ratings/potentials for over 340+ players based on the 1990's (screens at bottom of link above).
  • Created teams and players so that previously retired numbers can be used.
  • Adjusted all ages to be young enough so a lengthy Franchise Mode can be played using these rosters.
  • Guaranteed to have closer looking faces than the current NHL roster
  • Details such as old-time arena names and third jersey series included.

Would love to hear what you all think! (And yes, I'm all ears to anybody wanting to drop knowledge on which ratings I should change).

I hope a showcase like this shows to EA if there is enough interest in what I've done, that roster sharing has a demand.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 12:36 PM
76ftw

vCash: 2307
This is pretty incredible stuff wow. Too bad EA can't give us roster share. Would play this for hours.

Did you do all 90's teams to just choose each team's best team of the 90's?

Last edited by 76ftw: 03-15-2017 at 12:44 PM.
76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
That is sweet and must've took tons of time. Good stuff, wish I could download.

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
This is pretty incredible stuff wow. Too bad EA can't give us roster share. Would play this for hours.

Did you do all 90's teams to just choose each team's best team of the 90's?
It's more of an all-90's team rather than choosing one specific year for each of the teams. I did try to stick to a section of the 90's (i.e. early 90's, mid 90's, late 90's) for each team.

For example:
Rangers (early 90's): Kovalev's here instead of Penguins

Stars (late 90's)
: Zubov's here instead of Rangers (would've put Modano there too but since #9 is retired and EA doesn't allow to turn off retired numbers I left Modano on the early 90's North Stars).

Panthers (mid 90's): Sheppard's here instead of the Red Wings

Whalers (mid 90's): Pronger's here instead of the Blues (was debating about putting Francis on the team, but I wanted Pittsburgh to be a bit overpowered - in franchise mode they'll have to make a decision between Francis or Straka down the line).

Old
03-15-2017, 01:31 PM
76ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
It's more of an all-90's team rather than choosing one specific year for each of the teams. I did try to stick to a section of the 90's (i.e. early 90's, mid 90's, late 90's) for each team.

For example:
Rangers (early 90's): Kovalev's here instead of Penguins

Stars (late 90's)
: Zubov's here instead of Rangers (would've put Modano there too but since #9 is retired and EA doesn't allow to turn off retired numbers I left Modano on the early 90's North Stars).

Panthers (mid 90's): Sheppard's here instead of the Red Wings

Whalers (mid 90's): Pronger's here instead of the Blues (was debating about putting Francis on the team, but I wanted Pittsburgh to be a bit overpowered - in franchise mode they'll have to make a decision between Francis or Straka down the line).
So when it comes to drafting, do you just have regular prospects? Such as Patrick and others? Or did you go the full mile and put in 2000's prospects

Old
03-15-2017, 01:45 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Quote:
So when it comes to drafting, do you just have regular prospects? Such as Patrick and others? Or did you go the full mile and put in 2000's prospects
You know what I was thinking about it. I haven't reached the cap limit yet, and I got bored of creating players so decided to play some games to enjoy the final product.

I had a rough list in my mind of some prospects I wanted to create such as Lecavalier, Thornton, a bust in Stefan, etc.

Don’t think I would create too many, maybe a handful because also looking back there were some **** drafts in the late 90s that did not get good until 2003 onwards (unless there's some suggestions, I'm just drawing off memory).

Maybe add guys that are currently playing that are 36 and above? Zetterberg, Datsyuk would be fun to add again.

Old
03-15-2017, 01:55 PM
76ftw

Quote:
You know what I was thinking about it. I haven't reached the cap limit yet, and I got bored of creating players so decided to play some games to enjoy the final product.

I had a rough list in my mind of some prospects I wanted to create such as Lecavalier, Thornton, a bust in Stefan, etc.

Donít think I would create too many, maybe a handful because also looking back there were some **** drafts in the late 90s that did not get good until 2003 onwards (unless there's some suggestions, I'm just drawing off memory).

Maybe add guys that are currently playing that are 36 and above? Zetterberg, Datsyuk would be fun to add again.
It would be interesting to add even busts from the 90's like Daigle. See if you can get him to, you know, not be a bust.

Would be really good if EA let us edit already existing players because then you could even bypass the CAP limit. Would save a lot of time in prospects too.

Do you know what the cap limit is?

Old
03-15-2017, 01:59 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Quote:
It would be interesting to add even busts from the 90's like Daigle. See if you can get him to, you know, not be a bust.

Would be really good if EA let us edit already existing players because then you could even bypass the CAP limit. Would save a lot of time in prospects too.

Do you know what the cap limit is?
Daigle is already added if you look at all the images in the link, at the end is the list of all the players.

Yeah alot of features like that and EA removing retired numbers would've allowed it to be easier for me to create this.

I haven't run into a CAP limit yet, so I'm wondering if there even is a limit as I'm at 340+ players.

Old
03-15-2017, 02:02 PM
76ftw

Quote:
Daigle is already added if you look at all the images in the link, at the end is the list of all the players.

Yeah alot of features like that and EA removing retired numbers would've allowed it to be easier for me to create this.

I haven't run into a CAP limit yet, so I'm wondering if there even is a limit as I'm at 340+ players.
Ahhh i missed him.

Yeah EA certainly doesn't want us any favors for customization which sucks. I feel like, for me, the jerseys + logos being correct would be the toughest part. Would take me ages the rosters I think would be the easiest part.

Old
03-15-2017, 09:53 PM
grentthealien

Hey, I'd just like to say this is incredible. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys making past rosters. I actually like doing each individual season. In Nhl 14 I made each roster down to the 06 07 season. I'd love to just keep making rosters all the way back to the 90's if I could.

Have you created all of the 340 just using Ea's create a player? I know in past games the CAP limit was 150 players so if there is no limit in 17 than I am going to be making a lot rosters. I wish EA would make a classic next gen NHL game. I'd love to play as old rosters in a more realistic hockey game.

grentthealien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 01:06 AM
Siginla

Wow. Amazing job man. Great comments with the pics. Funny and nostalgic.

Siginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 05:00 AM
MarkusNaslund19

This is incredible!

The amount of work it must have taken. Man, bravo! Really takes me back.

Would play the **** out of this with my buddies.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grentthealien View Post
Hey, I'd just like to say this is incredible. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys making past rosters. I actually like doing each individual season. In Nhl 14 I made each roster down to the 06 07 season. I'd love to just keep making rosters all the way back to the 90's if I could.

Have you created all of the 340 just using Ea's create a player? I know in past games the CAP limit was 150 players so if there is no limit in 17 than I am going to be making a lot rosters. I wish EA would make a classic next gen NHL game. I'd love to play as old rosters in a more realistic hockey game.
Yeah I was surprised as well. I started to get nervous and think "should I really add a plug like Tony Twist if I have a cap limit" but then 150 hit, then 200 players, then 250 players, and now I'm at 340 with EA not capping me at all.

And yes they were all EA Create A Players as unfortunately we can't edit already existing players.

Old
03-16-2017, 08:56 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
This is incredible!

The amount of work it must have taken. Man, bravo! Really takes me back.

Would play the **** out of this with my buddies.
Appreciate all the love - me and my buddies are going to be playing tonight. Already have Kings vs. Blackhawks set, ready to make Gretzky's head bleed.

Old
03-16-2017, 10:07 AM
RandyBobandi

well done this must have taken forever to do lol. It looks awesome and this is exactly why we need roster sharing(and player editing) because me and my buddies would play the **** out of this because we still get together and play some NHL 94 on Super Nintendo. Also loved the pictures too the Scott Stevens Paul Karyia one was hilarious Good job!

RandyBobandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 05:57 PM
LemmyUlanov55
4th line grinder

vCash: 400
That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing..

LemmyUlanov55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 06:01 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

That's wicked awesome. And the Bruins won the Cup too. So it's even better.

How did you get around the retired numbers?

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 07:14 PM
NEPA

Nice work. I miss the 90's.

NEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 11:24 AM
LemmyUlanov55
4th line grinder

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
You can turn off the retired numbers in GM mode, guess that's how he did it..

LemmyUlanov55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 01:01 PM
ResilientBeast
ATD Draft Czar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
That's wicked awesome. And the Bruins won the Cup too. So it's even better.

He literally says it in the OP...custom teams

03-19-2017, 08:16 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

who the heck has time to read the whole post when I'm opening a link to 90's NHL goodness!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 07:24 PM
joshyedge

This is pretty incredible

joshyedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Christmas Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50