HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peterborough Petes 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Old
03-25-2017, 09:12 PM
ptbopete

vCash: 500
A real barn burner tonight and the Petes win 6-3. Lots of penalties, mostly against Niagara. Lorentz on fire tonight.

ptbopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 09:23 PM
Jackintheshwa

Much better attendance tonight too. Keep it up Peterborough. Hate to lose 1/2 of the greatest rivalry in junior hockey.

Jackintheshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Petes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbopete View Post
A real barn burner tonight and the Petes win 6-3. Lots of penalties, mostly against Niagara. Lorentz on fire tonight.
Lorentz and Ang were absolutely flying tonight.... I think that's the best part about this team, it's someone else stepping up every game to get the job done.

Petes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Petes

How many games do you guys expect Fraser to get?

Petes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 11:20 AM
NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes View Post
I think 0.

NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 12:00 PM
Bra Wavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes View Post
I don't think he'll get any......his initial contact was on the shoulder of Haydon. I think Haydon got cut when he hit the ice.

IMO the Petes' depth will only be effective if they can wear the opposition down and that's going to happen sooner in the game if the Petes play physical. Gallant was always physical every chance he got even in the regular season. In the playoffs it has to be a team commitment to being aggressive, gritty and tough. I've noticed Guys like Lorentz and Timleck being much more physical in these first two games of the playoffs than they have been all season. Keep it up boys. Empty the tank and win this series in 4 or 5. That will give you time to heal your bumps and bruises before round 2.....versus Sudbury?!

Bra Wavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Bra Wavers

I've watched slo motion of the Fraser hit and although the angle isn't the best, it doesn't seem like Fraser ever made contact with Haydon's head. Either Haydon's own arm/glove hit him in the face in response to the check or he bit his tongue when he got rocked. I will be shocked if Fraser gets any games.

Bra Wavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2017, 01:48 PM
ptbopete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bra Wavers View Post
I've watched slo motion of the Fraser hit and although the angle isn't the best, it doesn't seem like Fraser ever made contact with Haydon's head. Either Haydon's own arm/glove hit him in the face in response to the check or he bit his tongue when he got rocked. I will be shocked if Fraser gets any games.
Haydon came back a few shifts later and looked fine. He was throwing some big hits in fact. Or trying to anyway.

ptbopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 08:01 AM
Jackintheshwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bra Wavers View Post
Speaking of Jackintheshwa.....I hear they got spanked by Sudbury tonight. I hope they had a sell out to watch that.
Meh, around 3700 watch a rookie goalie stand on his head. There was 4100 for last nights bounce back game by the Gens when the rookie goalie came back down to earth. Game on!

Jackintheshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackintheshwa View Post
Meh, around 3700 watch a rookie goalie stand on his head. There was 4100 for last nights bounce back game by the Gens when the rookie goalie came back down to earth. Game on!
4100? How much does that rink hold? I was there and it didn't seem that packed, especially on the ends.

Lycanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:15 PM
Duke Guy

This is a Petes thread but if you were to ask that question on the Gens thread I would bet someone would answer approx. 5,500.

Duke Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:20 PM
TuckerFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
4100? How much does that rink hold? I was there and it didn't seem that packed, especially on the ends.
I believe the visitors end is usually where they put the groups (timbits teams, schools singing the anthem). For some reason, they don't offer those packages during the playoffs. Happens every year. Building wasn't rocking during the 2015 run till probably the North Bay series. By the time it was the finals, everyone was complaining about the tickets being scooped up too fast. Cant please everyone I guess.

TuckerFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote