HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrik Laine: 50 goals next season?

View Poll Results: 50 goals?
Yes 88 27.67%
No 230 72.33%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-20-2017, 04:16 PM
ijuka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastCoast View Post
Yeah what game do you think he hits 50? Around the 60-65 game mark? Can't wait to see your predictions for him when he hits his prime
"Easily 50" doesn't mean 70. It means 50, easily.

I think he'll hit 50 by game 82.

This is a really random thing to take offense for, to be honest. I voted yes on a yes/no poll. Big deal?

ijuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 05:52 PM
hamzarocks

vCash: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuka View Post
"Easily 50" doesn't mean 70. It means 50, easily.

I think he'll hit 50 by game 82.

This is a really random thing to take offense for, to be honest. I voted yes on a yes/no poll. Big deal?
It's just that saying a player can easily hit 50 means to me add a reader that if the player puts in a bit more effort they can with some difficulty hit 60, And with a great amount of effort hit 70. No one in the NhL had 50 last year, laine is a great goal scorer but he will be more keyed in on next season and find it harder to he open for his sometimes. Now I understand he's a elite talent and will adapt by taking more shots and generating more high danger shots. So I can still see him getting 40-45 approximately maybe 50 if everything goes right. I don't think it will be easy for any player to hit 50 not even prime ivy who had 65 could say getting 50 goals was an easy feat. I don't hold it against you for voting Yea, I don't vote on laine polls since I'm a leaf fan but I still see him being able to pot 50 if all goes well.

hamzarocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 06:17 PM
ijuka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzarocks View Post
It's just that saying a player can easily hit 50 means to me add a reader that if the player puts in a bit more effort they can with some difficulty hit 60, And with a great amount of effort hit 70. No one in the NhL had 50 last year, laine is a great goal scorer but he will be more keyed in on next season and find it harder to he open for his sometimes. Now I understand he's a elite talent and will adapt by taking more shots and generating more high danger shots. So I can still see him getting 40-45 approximately maybe 50 if everything goes right. I don't think it will be easy for any player to hit 50 not even prime ivy who had 65 could say getting 50 goals was an easy feat. I don't hold it against you for voting Yea, I don't vote on laine polls since I'm a leaf fan but I still see him being able to pot 50 if all goes well.
I see, I think that that scale is pretty aggressive.

Let's say that "easily 50" means that the expected minimum is 50, average is 53 and with some luck he could hit 55.

Me saying "easily" here doesn't mean that I expect him to do so while floating around like an Ovechkin and only playing seriously 3 minutes per game and that he can just flip a switch and "try hard" to reach magical scoring. Him trying his best is implied.

ijuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2017, 06:32 PM
hamzarocks

vCash: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuka View Post
I see, I think that that scale is pretty aggressive.

Let's say that "easily 50" means that the expected minimum is 50, average is 53 and with some luck he could hit 55.

Me saying "easily" here doesn't mean that I expect him to do so while floating around like an Ovechkin and only playing seriously 3 minutes per game and that he can just flip a switch and "try hard" to reach magical scoring. Him trying his best is implied.
Ok thanks for clarifying. Makes more sense with your previous post. Can't wait till 17/18 season so many young players will be looking to justify there greatness and showcase how the younger generation is ready to replace the old. Laine, Matthews, Eichel, Ehlers, Market, Nylander, Drain, Pasta, Reinhart, fabbri, etc are all gonna be key players for there teams next year and beyond.

hamzarocks is online now   Reply With Quote