HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Phoenix CXXVI: Clowns to the left of me... jokers to the right...

Old
Yesterday, 11:34 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Gadfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
Interesting that Morgan got the philosophy & direction quote
True.... but every business has an SOQ for these things....... "Sense of urgency" was one an old employer of mine used to use quite often.

TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 11:42 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
You're acting like there aren't a lot of AZ fans thinking the same exact thing - Dave Tippett is still a thing because a moronic ownership group handed a buddy a golden parachute. It's not on merit.
I don't act, XX. I just call it as I see it.

TheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 03:45 AM
offkilter

[sarcasm]oh yeah now its apparent that the coaching staff sucks.[/sarcasm]

I spent all of last season watching the Coyotes affiliated Springfield Falcons and I told you guys on the teams forum there were issues especially with developing young talent and the playing style this team goes with and guess what? Not a single thing really has improved this season.

What did I get for my insight? I got slapped around like a pinata at a mexican kids birthday party who was born on cinco de mayo.

It's basically the reason I no longer have any sympathy for Coyotes fans if their team moves to greener more lucrative pastures, especially with how the organisation tried to drive the Springfield hockey market further into the ground so they could get a AHL team on the cheap.

offkilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:41 AM
GuelphStormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
.... how would we know that much less care GS?.... You work for a tent & awning company in sales or what?
ordering the tarps would suggest plans to actually remain at GRA.

GuelphStormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:50 AM
JimAnchower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuelphStormer View Post
ordering the tarps would suggest plans to actually remain at GRA.
Last year, LeBlanc kept pushing back an announcement that they would soon finalize an agreement for a new arena in the East Valley, until it was too late to move the team. I think the same will happen with the reports of new minority owners coming in. The timing of mid June probably already does that.

JimAnchower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 06:55 AM
varano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
I have been saying this all along! Andy and company can't afford to fire DT and they also can't afford to keep him! Fire him and you will not be able to get a quality replacement. From Tippetts standpoint he would love to be fired because he could then collect the remaining years on his contract. To walk away he receives nothing! See the problem.
I had to look it up... I can't believe theyre going to be stuck with DT for a few more years. Its true...Theres no way they can afford to fire him. He's literally got the best position possible. He'll just continue ******* around and be a horrible coach for the next few years and then retire.

The future is grim for the Coyotes

varano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 07:58 AM
GuelphStormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAnchower View Post
Last year, LeBlanc kept pushing back an announcement that they would soon finalize an agreement for a new arena in the East Valley, until it was too late to move the team. I think the same will happen with the reports of new minority owners coming in. The timing of mid June probably already does that.
im not sure i understand ... are you suggesting leblanc is using the announcement of new owners as a ruse to delay relocation? i'd think bettman would not be pleased about that.

Old
Today, 08:41 AM
JimAnchower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuelphStormer View Post
im not sure i understand ... are you suggesting leblanc is using the announcement of new owners as a ruse to delay relocation? i'd think bettman would not be pleased about that.
As long as there is the potential for new owners coming on, whatever the odds of that happening are, the team will be staying for at least another year. If new owners do not come on board and they exhaust all options for a new arena, then they might re-locate. But that's at least a year away.

JimAnchower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 08:55 AM
GuelphStormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAnchower View Post
As long as there is the potential for new owners coming on, whatever the odds of that happening are, the team will be staying for at least another year. If new owners do not come on board and they exhaust all options for a new arena, then they might re-locate. But that's at least a year away.
i think we need to distinguish between what actually is and what we are told. leblanc and barroway have very little credibility.

i have no doubt that bettman is not only knowledgable about this latest round of mystery tire-kickers, he likely knows more about the feasibility of the team remaining or being relocated than leblanc and barroway do. bettman will make the decision to stay or go, not IA.