HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Your first composite stick

Old
03-25-2017, 09:47 PM
jw2

vCash: 500
cant find anything better than this:
multi-color easton composite shaft. lightest thing ever. I think the entire team had them by the end of the season.
I had tried a handful of aluminum shafts but always went back to wood, until this guy

first full composite was a synergy. hated it. again, went back to wood sticks until I stopped playing competitively.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:14 AM
smitty10

First generation Easton Synergy (silver, Yzerman curve, 50 flex). I was 10 or 11 years old.

Favourite was the TPS Rubber Response. Nik Antropov used one before they came out to the retail market and I wanted one so badly. First day it came out I used my birthday money and bought one. Ended up having 4 or 5 of them.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 10:55 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine27 View Post
Because it's a message board and I have an opinion on the thread. It wasn't meant to be insulting.
Sure, but I think it would be better for the entire message board, and the thread, if you cut out the snark and perhaps contribute once in a while. Latter part optional of course.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 11:11 PM
lidstromiscool

A local college player gave me his broken gold Synergy. I was young and small enough that I could cut off the broken part and use it normally. I think I slept with that stick for a week straight haha, I was so excited

lidstromiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Rookie109

My first composite was an orange PowerTek 80 flex stick, lasted a few years and was good. After it broke, I got gifted a CCM Lecavalier curved black and blue model which was a massive upgrade lol.

Rookie109 is offline   Reply With Quote