* Find a top 4 defensman to pair with Carlson, keep Alzner/Green on first pair
* Fill the top hole immediately on the first line with Ovechkin and Backstrom, this is the only way to get him going again. On the caliber of a Bobby Ryan. Needs to be done. This player needs to be gritty, not like a Semin who will just snipe from far out. By gritty I mean can score the goals in close.
* Put Marcus Johansson on the third line center. He is a center, not a wing.
* Place Forsberg on the 2nd line when he arrives. This line will be Ribeiro and possibly Laich on the RW.
* Get rid of scrap players including Jason Chimera, Jeff Schultz, Mathieu Perreault
* Get Mike Green going and give him more opportunities to move from the point on the powerplay and pinch
* The defenseman you need to add should be a mid-aged defenseman who is an EXCELLENT pure defenseman.
LOL are you kidding me!? Do you even watch the caps?! I'm guessing you think Ted Leonsis is a good owner and GMGM is the best GM on earth.
Johansson is TERRIBLE. He's the worst possible 3rd line center in the history of organized sport. He can't even stand up without falling over and now you want him battling on the faceoff!?
Forsberg on the 2nd wing!? Ribeiro won't be here when Forsberg is here. No way he's re-signing with this mickey mouse organization. Plus why keep a player for $$$ when GMGM can go find some piece of crap in the dumpester.
Chimera is scrap? I guess his 20+ goals last year weren't good enough? Surely we don't need his speed. As for MP85, yea, lets trade a guy who scored 16 goals on 60 shots. What do you expect him to do playing on the 4th line? He's playing with a bunch of slow grinders, of course he can't do anything.
Bobby Ryan? You think the coach who GMGM fired is going to say, "hey sure send one of the best forwards in hockey to the team that fired me for some pokemon cards"