HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov gone long term?

Old
03-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Torts is an idiot. Stralman is better than Bickel defensively and infinitely better offensively.
Stralman has looked far worse in his own end over the last couple weeks than Bickel has. Stralman's offense has been average at best, while Bickel's aggressiveness has been highly noticeable and quite effective.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Stralman has looked far worse in his own end over the last couple weeks than Bickel has. Stralman's offense has been average at best, while Bickel's aggressiveness has been highly noticeable and quite effective.
Agreed. Stralman has been a disaster in his own end over the past couple of weeks. Add to that the fact that his offensive game has been pedestrian at best.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Judging from the practice notes, it looks like Boyle has been demoted to 4th line. I even think he has been slotted as a winger. Good move if you ask me. With Anismov still out though, who is our third line center? Feds?

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Judging from the practice notes, it looks like Boyle has been demoted to 4th line. I even think he has been slotted as a winger. Good move if you ask me. With Anismov still out though, who is our third line center? Feds?
Fedetenko does not belong taking Boyle's place. Unless you hav a better 3rd line replacement, Boyle is the best choice.

Last edited by True Blue: 03-19-2012 at 01:21 PM.
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
zucc - boyle - mitchell is the 3rd line tonight.

AdamBanks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
eco's bones

Stralman played very well for a while but has been struggling.

This is not just a matter of who can skate, pass or shoot best. There's more factoring into this than just a skills competition. Bickel plays a hard game and tends to make safe plays. He plays within his ability. It's not spectacular but for a No. 6 d-man it's been better than okay.

Is Wellman really better than Mitchell?--If Wellman can't play in the top 6--then he's with Rupp, MZA and whoever too--which almost begs the question--how good is he at grinding? I haven't seen a whole lot of Wellman but I doubt he'd be better in Mitchell's spot.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
zucc - boyle - mitchell is the 3rd line tonight.
Who is our defensive matchup line? I doubt Zucc and mitchell are going to be used for that capacity. On top of that I doubt that line gets more than 10 minutes tonight.

The only way that makes sense is if our second line is going to be our defensive matchup line.

I don't think this line is offensively potent(nor do I think it was constructed as such). It would just be a minutes eater/stop gap against lower lines, which is how Zuc and Mitchell have been used so far.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 03-19-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old
03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
Part of me thinks that both parties are desperate.

Avery isn't making money reviewing reality shows on Bravo. He knows what butters his bread and the Rangers are at a loss, Wellman? Who the F***is Wellman?!?!?!?

I think the stars of desperation might align. I've always been an Avery mark, so it might be wishful thinking, but with a clear head I can honestly say that Avery replacing Arty is the best move this team can make.
He cant be called up this year. Had to be placed on re entry waiwer before deadline, so the ship has sailed.

Last edited by fredrikstad: 03-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.
fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
94now

Anisimov had shoulder injury. Reporters should ask how did he feel pulling up his skate laces. Sure he would feel alright skating. Did he hit anyone? I doubt it. It is another week or two. No need to rush back.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Anisimov had shoulder injury. Reporters should ask how did he feel pulling up his skate laces. Sure he would feel alright skating. Did he hit anyone? I doubt it. It is another week or two. No need to rush back.
I don't think he is out that long. From reports he seems he probably will be back within two games.

Old
03-19-2012, 03:10 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

the fact that he was even on the ice is great news. This looked like it could be season ending originally. With the way this team is banged up, if hes ready to go full sleep for the playoffs Id be more than happy with that.

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sean will need to break in a new pair skates. He threw his skates into the Hudson River. Sean didn't realize the Hudson threw them back at him. Sean Avery? Ha Ha.
Three years down the line, after Avery is comfortably retired and enjoying a life in the fashion industry, as soon as the Rangers hit a cold streak people will be calling for him to be signed, claiming that the Rangers can "use what he brings." And clinging to the idea that the only reason he's not playing hockey anymore is because of John Tortorella.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 04:24 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Three years down the line, after Avery is comfortably retired and enjoying a life in the fashion industry, as soon as the Rangers hit a cold streak people will be calling for him to be signed, claiming that the Rangers can "use what he brings." And clinging to the idea that the only reason he's not playing hockey anymore is because of John Tortorella.
My only regret is....that our coach...was Tortorella!

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 06:39 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
My only regret is....that our coach...was Tortorella!

lol and that the league...blackballed me.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Sticky Fingers

Mitchell might be the most underrated player at the moment.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Krieder signed or not, is not going to be the solution coming out of college and never having played a game in a professional league.

No one was brought in during the deadline so this team is staying the course with a build from within concept. Rangers were never supposed to be where they are and just making the playoffs seems to be acceptable to Dolan.

The playoffs are a second season and no matter how much the Rangers can't beat the Devils or how dominant the Pens have been, everyone starts at a fairly even playing, except one game, once the playoffs begin.

Callahan is out and Stepan looks like he's finally run out of Gas. Considering how much he's played since the start of his college season in 2009, WJC, a pro season in the NHL, the WC, excelling everywhere, he's finally hit a wall and I can't complain about that considering what we've gotten out of the 2nd year player. We all knew Bryan Boyle was an over achiever last season and it's showing now. Should he still have netted more than just a paltry 6 goals? Hell yes, where's the Brian Boyle who was driving to the net with the puck off the boards? But more so, what about Brandon Dubinsky? He's failed to step up in the absence of Callahan and quite frankly has failed to step up all season. A few more than 8 tallies should be expected from a player who should have been a lock for 25+. He got benched for taking a stupid penalty and the next game was one of his best all season. This team has plenty of 3rd liners, if that's all Dubinsky is going to be, the Coach needs to let him watch a few from the press box and give him a chance to get his head straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Mitchell might be the most underrated player at the moment.
Mitchell has fewer points then Stralman who's a blueliner and played fewer games. He's not an offensive threat or reliable depth scoring, he's just a tweener who's peaked.

Start rotating players up from Hartford, be it JAM, Wellman, or Chris freakin Newbury IDC but these, now, veterans need to be challenged by younger players hungry to make the NHL. Bring accountability back and go with youth if the Vets aren't going to get it done.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Krieder signed or not, is not going to be the solution coming out of college and never having played a game in a professional league.

No one was brought in during the deadline so this team is staying the course with a build from within concept. Rangers were never supposed to be where they are and just making the playoffs seems to be acceptable to Dolan.

The playoffs are a second season and no matter how much the Rangers can't beat the Devils or how dominant the Pens have been, everyone starts at a fairly even playing, except one game, once the playoffs begin.

Callahan is out and Stepan looks like he's finally run out of Gas. Considering how much he's played since the start of his college season in 2009, WJC, a pro season in the NHL, the WC, excelling everywhere, he's finally hit a wall and I can't complain about that considering what we've gotten out of the 2nd year player. We all knew Bryan Boyle was an over achiever last season and it's showing now. Should he still have netted more than just a paltry 6 goals? Hell yes, where's the Brian Boyle who was driving to the net with the puck off the boards? But more so, what about Brandon Dubinsky? He's failed to step up in the absence of Callahan and quite frankly has failed to step up all season. A few more than 8 tallies should be expected from a player who should have been a lock for 25+. He got benched for taking a stupid penalty and the next game was one of his best all season. This team has plenty of 3rd liners, if that's all Dubinsky is going to be, the Coach needs to let him watch a few from the press box and give him a chance to get his head straight.

Mitchell has fewer points then Stralman who's a blueliner and played fewer games. He's not an offensive threat or reliable depth scoring, he's just a tweener who's peaked.

Start rotating players up from Hartford, be it JAM, Wellman, or Chris freakin Newbury IDC but these, now, veterans need to be challenged by younger players hungry to make the NHL. Bring accountability back and go with youth if the Vets aren't going to get it done.
Mitchell brings a HARD forecheck. Watch Mitchell more closely and how much ensuing offensive pressure comes because of him being first in on the forecheck and wrecking havoc.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post

Are you stuck in some kind of time funnel? Callahan is out? Stepan's out of gas? How'd they both wind up with two points last night then? Why are you complaining about Dubinsky after he had arguably his best game of the season last night? And what does any of this have to do with Anisimov's injury?

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:36 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Mitchell brings a HARD forecheck. Watch Mitchell more closely and how much ensuing offensive pressure comes because of him being first in on the forecheck and wrecking havoc.
Agree with this. He hasn't been putting up points recently because he was playing with plugs like Rupp, Scott, Prust, and Boyle who aren't there for their goal scoring abilities. He was good with Hagelin and is a decent fill-in guy. I'd rather him be a depth guy, but he's not a terrible option. He's also responsible defensively, which is exactly what Torts wants from his players. I don't mind Mitchell at all and think he provides a good level of talent to the roster. He's a more physical and better defensive version of EC, and that's the other reason EC was traded.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Are you stuck in some kind of time funnel? Callahan is out? Stepan's out of gas? How'd they both wind up with two points last night then? Why are you complaining about Dubinsky after he had arguably his best game of the season last night? And what does any of this have to do with Anisimov's injury?
Anisimov provided secondary scoring. Take him out of the lineup long term and who comes up with his 14 goals this season? Did you read the OP's post? "Who's going to replace AA's offense?" Dubinsky and Fedotenko both have sing digit goals and are at a .12 g/g rate. Sean Avery has done better than that with a .2 g/g average over the 15 games he was here, with limited playing time and he's retired.

So Callahan has BEEN out, is it a coincidence that the team has had its longest losing stretches while their captain and 2nd leading goal scorer has been in and out of the lineup? I think not.

Prior to the game against the Devils, Stepan has had ONE point, an assist, in SIX games. There's a reason why the coaching staff pulled him from the top line and reunited Richards and Gaborik. Since mid February, over a month now, he's had a total of 8pts in 18 games. That includes a little spurt of 5pts in 4 games. The remaining 14 games he's gone scoreless. Find any other 18 game stretch we're his production was so low and you can't. His closest would be at the start of the season when the whole team played poorly for the first 7 games but even then he's in double digit points.

To be clear I don't fault Callahan or Stepan, you can't ask for anymore than what they've given.

Hooray Dubinsky has showed up on the scoresheet again, even played a solid game. So what's that 2 solid games in 2012 where he's put some pucks in? Considering he's got a rate of 1 goal per 10 games in 2012, that's worse then the season average which is just over 1goal per 8 games. Don't hold your breath waiting for another goal Brandon, he's good for about 9 more games. And yes, if he's not producing during that stretch, Bench Him! He can do more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Agree with this. He hasn't been putting up points recently because he was playing with plugs like Rupp, Scott, Prust, and Boyle who aren't there for their goal scoring abilities. He was good with Hagelin and is a decent fill-in guy. I'd rather him be a depth guy, but he's not a terrible option. He's also responsible defensively, which is exactly what Torts wants from his players. I don't mind Mitchell at all and think he provides a good level of talent to the roster. He's a more physical and better defensive version of EC, and that's the other reason EC was traded.
Correct, he's a fill-in and a depth guy. The problem is he's been relied on for more than that getting regular play because other players that I've already mentioned, haven't been getting it done. Solid forecheck, smart defensively and offensive production, is this not the same trifecta that Dubinsky brought to the table? It's like a seesaw, further down the lineup Dubinsky goes, the further up the lineup Mitchell goes and vice versa.

Last edited by vipernsx: 03-21-2012 at 10:20 AM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote