HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2014 - 15 Season

Old
Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Highstic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TradedTwice View Post
Well cannot say I am surprised with the league finalists, they are the two highest payrolls in the league.

So many numbers put out on players like Hiley,Allan and Couvrette. It is no wonder the Rams/Royals or whatever name they are using are for sale.

As for Casselman, call them the class of the league, but I would bet that they would have no clue on how to build a team without all the money they have flowing through their players....Widenmaier,Brazeau,Choquette.

Seems to me the only honest team to win the league in the last few years was Clarence in 2011.

Either way, good luck to both teams, as I am sure the gates will help with the payment plans.

So long EOJHL
TT, you sound like a bitter lad. Won't argue that the Vikings have spend a tonne of dough to help build their club, but there is no rule against that. On the other hand, Stittsville has been tight all year, in fact from what I've heard coaches haven't been paid for some time. Not everyone may like HF, however, he has managed as a GM to pull off a great season, and assemble a solid squad. Both teams deserve to be there, and it should prove to be an entertaining series. On another note, Gatineau may have historically established themselves as a dirty squad, but I will eat my words from an earlier post. I referred to the team as classless. Last evening, after the game was complete, the season was over, and the Stangs legacy in the EOJHL was done, the players saluted the winning team and fans with sticks and heads held high. There was zero BS during the waning minutes of the game or the handshake. The team demonstrated class, and dignity in it's franchise final game. I honestly never thought I'd say this about Gatineau, but I will miss the crazy passionate fans and felt a heavy heart for the warriors that had just fought their last fight. They went out with class. Hats off to Proulx and the boys for a great season, and some entertaining hockey. Game one between Stitts and Kings will really tell the tale on how this series should go. Reserving predictions until the final buzzer on that one. Good luck to both teams! And farewell and adieu Mustangs.

Highstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Highstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2014 View Post
Wow! Who crapped in your Cheerios? Such a cynical attitude.

Do not forget that the Rams added three guys from Trenton/Belleville area, Penner, Cobbold, Cole Carter, Wade and added their AP Gervais, who got the game winner last night. Sounds like the team did a lot of hard work in getting new talent.

How much did they spend on these players?

Team for sale? To who? How much? Wonder if the new owners will change the staff?

Casselman added many new players to their roster as well. Sounds like their team is also good at recruiting?

Why do you always says that these teams spend the most? Do you have inside information on how much they paid for them? Would be great to know?

As to the EOJHL, like the old saying, it ain't over until the fat lady sings! Their is no word on the new league, so we must be wondering how a change so massive as this can be done in a few months?
HF, I totally agree, and doubt that apart from the possible reduction of participating teams, that the EOJHL will change much. As i understand it Hockey Canada has already denied a Tier II Jr A proposal for eastern ontario. so Jr B lives on. BTW - I heard Covrette got a Corvette to play.....hahahaha....

Highstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 05:07 PM
GoHawks
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstic View Post
TT, you sound like a bitter lad. Won't argue that the Vikings have spend a tonne of dough to help build their club, but there is no rule against that. On the other hand, Stittsville has been tight all year, in fact from what I've heard coaches haven't been paid for some time. Not everyone may like HF, however, he has managed as a GM to pull off a great season, and assemble a solid squad. Both teams deserve to be there, and it should prove to be an entertaining series. On another note, Gatineau may have historically established themselves as a dirty squad, but I will eat my words from an earlier post. I referred to the team as classless. Last evening, after the game was complete, the season was over, and the Stangs legacy in the EOJHL was done, the players saluted the winning team and fans with sticks and heads held high. There was zero BS during the waning minutes of the game or the handshake. The team demonstrated class, and dignity in it's franchise final game. I honestly never thought I'd say this about Gatineau, but I will miss the crazy passionate fans and felt a heavy heart for the warriors that had just fought their last fight. They went out with class. Hats off to Proulx and the boys for a great season, and some entertaining hockey. Game one between Stitts and Kings will really tell the tale on how this series should go. Reserving predictions until the final buzzer on that one. Good luck to both teams! And farewell and adieu Mustangs.
I heard that they are not officialy gone. Don't be surprised if they are in that league. If they accepted a out of branch team it will be the Mustangs. Jr A want to have the QC player option and the only way to have it is the Gatineau Mustangs.

GoHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 07:48 PM
hockeyfan2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHawks View Post
I heard that they are not officialy gone. Don't be surprised if they are in that league. If they accepted a out of branch team it will be the Mustangs. Jr A want to have the QC player option and the only way to have it is the Gatineau Mustangs.
Well from all the talk behind the scenes, the new league is a fait de complet. Seems like Hockey Canada has nothing to do with it and the final decision resides with HEO and that's been aproved. From all the talk, the Quebec teams and Gananoque were never going to be play next year. Let's just move on and see what happens.

hockeyfan2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 07:54 PM
hockeyfan2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstic View Post
HF, I totally agree, and doubt that apart from the possible reduction of participating teams, that the EOJHL will change much. As i understand it Hockey Canada has already denied a Tier II Jr A proposal for eastern ontario. so Jr B lives on. BTW - I heard Covrette got a Corvette to play.....hahahaha....
Wasn't that a Mustang that he got!

hockeyfan2014 is offline   Reply With Quote