HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers @ Coyotes 3/20/14 7PM AZ: Czechmate Edition

Old
03-21-2014, 10:12 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0point1 View Post
BTW: Attendance was pretty good at 14,442.
Wow, really? We were spitballing it like at 11-12K.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Bondurant

There was a lot more people than I expected. Given the day of the week and Florida, I figured it would be one of the lowest attended games of the season. A great sign.

Bondurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Bonsai Tree
Tranquility Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Oh I'm not really complaining, this helps my team get better draft positioning and helps the Coyotes with their goal of making the playoffs, which I want to see happen because it will make everyone on HF Vmad.
Thanks and good luck to you. Am surprised regarding your comment about HF people upset at Coyotes playoff success. That really hurts. I had really hoped that it was only our very existance as a franchise which put a burr up their behinds.

Bonsai Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 02:30 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
There was a lot more people than I expected. Given the day of the week and Florida, I figured it would be one of the lowest attended games of the season. A great sign.
Uhh wasn't it the most heavily promoted (discount/free tickets) of the season?

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 02:44 AM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Tree View Post
Thanks and good luck to you. Am surprised regarding your comment about HF people upset at Coyotes playoff success. That really hurts. I had really hoped that it was only our very existance as a franchise which put a burr up their behinds.
Oh, no, the Dark Side is strong with many of them...I, too, was unaware of this until I started lurking here frequently two years ago, about the time all those awesome 2012 playoff troll avatars came out.

DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 02:57 AM
Vip
Amateur Outdoorsman

vCash: 50
Man Luongo looks awesome back in that Florida uniform..

Good win. Crowd seemed super energetic in the highlights I watched.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:00 AM
Vip
Amateur Outdoorsman

Also, I can't believe Gomez just skated right down the middle and sniped Smitty top ****... Unreal. I know all of you were ******** your pants when that happened.

Old
03-22-2014, 03:08 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

Quote:
Yeah stay away from the main boards and whatever you do don't visit the business of hockey forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vip View Post
Also, I can't believe Gomez just skated right down the middle and sniped Smitty top ****... Unreal. I know all of you were ******** your pants when that happened.
I suspect you're being sarcastic, but the shot was a weak dribbler at glove level that Smith whiffed on. It was a really weak goal.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:16 AM
Vip
Amateur Outdoorsman

Yeah, I'm pissed he let that in. That was my point.

Old
03-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Bondurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Not sure. The best offer I had was the $99 Party Pack from my ticket rep. I think a lot of people take advantage of StubHub. Even for the Montreal game I snagged a ticket for $16. Tickets for Florida may have been dirt cheap.

Bondurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 10:34 AM
diceone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Not sure. The best offer I had was the $99 Party Pack from my ticket rep. I think a lot of people take advantage of StubHub. Even for the Montreal game I snagged a ticket for $16. Tickets for Florida may have been dirt cheap.
The cheapest on there a week ago was $12 and day of they were $26+. It's not like the $5 I was used to seeing last season. We snagged some cheap seats in 212 and took my 6 month old son to his first game, it was a blast!

diceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 11:19 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Why on earth did the NHL screw with the playoff format so drastically? Why take something simple and functional and contort it until it's unrecognizable and hopelessly convoluted? Why does the NHL ALWAYS do this? Looks at the points system. It's ridiculous.

Here, let me fix it all right up.

If you win the hockey game you get a win. If you lose the hockey game you get a loss. At the end of the 82 game season, the eight teams in each conference with the most wins get a playoff spot and are seeded, in order, by most wins. First most wins plays eighth most wins. Second plays seventh. Third and sixth. Fourth and fifth.

Done. Easy. Don't need a masters degree to figure it out.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 11:35 AM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It was the game that you got a voucher for 2 tickets if you bought a coffee and TimBits at Tim Horton's when they started daily service on 10 March. That's how I got my tickets.

GiveAFlyingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 11:53 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why on earth did the NHL screw with the playoff format so drastically? Why take something simple and functional and contort it until it's unrecognizable and hopelessly convoluted? Why does the NHL ALWAYS do this? Looks at the points system. It's ridiculous.

Here, let me fix it all right up.

If you win the hockey game you get a win. If you lose the hockey game you get a loss. At the end of the 82 game season, the eight teams in each conference with the most wins get a playoff spot and are seeded, in order, by most wins. First most wins plays eighth most wins. Second plays seventh. Third and sixth. Fourth and fifth.

Done. Easy. Don't need a masters degree to figure it out.
...and make the shoot out important? I like the system go to a 3 point system with 3 points awarded for a win except when it's in a shoot out, then it's 2 & 1. I never like the idea of being awarded a point for making overtime or that a shootout win should be awarded as much as any other win. 3 points per game regardless.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Bonsai Tree
Tranquility Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
...and make the shoot out important? I like the system go to a 3 point system with 3 points awarded for a win except when it's in a shoot out, then it's 2 & 1. I never like the idea of being awarded a point for making overtime or that a shootout win should be awarded as much as any other win. 3 points per game regardless.
What? Blech! The current system is the best that can be had unless you are willing to accept ties again. As a time limited game with considerations for travel, back to back games and the like, teams can't play an unlimited amount of time to settle a game. 3 points for a win, 1 1/2 points for a win on a shoot out, 3/4 points and a hello to mom for losing in a shoot out, come on!

We either accept ties, take away the 1 point awarded at the end of regulation or leave things alone. Any further changes would just muck up the game.

Bonsai Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 01:12 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Why on earth did the NHL screw with the playoff format so drastically?
This was my initial feelings, but reflecting on it I do enjoy the fact that there will be a divisional rivalry matchup in every division. Should make the 1st round more interesting and create some great rivalries down the road.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 03:04 PM
_Del_

Quote:
What? Blech! The current system is the best that can be had unless you are willing to accept ties again.
I had no problem with ties, hate the shootout, and find the point for making it to the end of regulation dubious.

_Del_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2014, 08:22 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
What? Blech! The current system is the best that can be had unless you are willing to accept ties again. As a time limited game with considerations for travel, back to back games and the like, teams can't play an unlimited amount of time to settle a game. 3 points for a win, 1 1/2 points for a win on a shoot out, 3/4 points and a hello to mom for losing in a shoot out, come on!

We either accept ties, take away the 1 point awarded at the end of regulation or leave things alone. Any further changes would just muck up the game.
??I don't see how the times are changed from the current system.
3 points for a win in regulation
3 points for a win in sudden death Over Time
2 points for a win in a shoot-out
1 point in a Shoot out loss.
The scenario allows a differential of 3 points (between the 2 teams) in a win except in a shoot out, then it's only 1 point. It makes the shoot out more insignificant and puts more pressure to get a true hockey win... and no points awarded to an over time loss!

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote