Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

WWE Main Event

Old
08-20-2014, 12:09 PM
IrishBruin

vCash: 500
So they announce the WWE title match on a throw away segment on Main Event? Seems like a wasted opportunity by WWE. I know it's not one of the big PPVs but why not announce on Raw that HHH will address the title picture on Main Event live on the WWE Network. Get a few more viewers to tune in, put on a good wrestling show, and bring them back next week. If they want subscribers to the network they should try and promote good content not just shoving the price down our throats every Monday Night

IrishBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2014, 07:13 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

As a long time big fan of the Michael Cole-free zone that was Main Event, I am bitter and resentful that Cole is now invading that safe space. Guess like I'll have to settle for NXT for my non-Cole announced shows.

Main Event: the show where you can find out who Titus O'Neil is being jobbed out to now.

Edit: In fairness, the Miz TV segment on Main Event combined my favorite stuff now with Ambrose and Mizdow doing a FANTASTIC imitation thing during the entire segment.

Last edited by bruins309: 09-24-2014 at 07:51 AM.
bruins309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2014, 07:23 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

I was getting caught up on watching the last few weeks of Main Event and noticed that Sportsnet360 never aired the October 7th show:

- Dolph Ziggler (c) defeated Bo Dallas to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship (8:42)
- Nikki Bella, Cameron, Summer Rae and Layla defeated Brie Bella in a Four On One Handicap Match (4:25)
- Tyson Kidd (w/ Natalya) defeated Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter) (2:23)
- Jey Uso (w/ Jimmy Uso) defeated Stardust (w/ Goldust) (5:28)

Instead Sportsnet360 ran the previous week’s WWE Main Event episode 4 different times: October 3rd, 5th, 10th and 12th. Since I live in SHAWland and it looks like they have no intentions on ever getting the WWE Network I'm hoping I can pick up that missing Main Event episode in the trading community over at Crazy Max.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2014, 07:47 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
As a long time big fan of the Michael Cole-free zone that was Main Event, I am bitter and resentful that Cole is now invading that safe space.
And now JBL is on Main Event for some reason this week for some aimless heel commentary, though he did get in a good dig at the Brooklyn Brawler for some reason. I'm just glad he doesn't try to ruin Mizdow. Please note that JBL said he is going on vacation, so we might get a break next week.

Oh and Bo Dallas does a fairly funny promo on his way to the ring near the end where he wishes he could split himself in two and help both Team Cena and Team Authority. But they haven't perfected human cloning, Bo explained.

Last edited by bruins309: 10-29-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old
01-14-2015, 12:18 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Fare thee well, WWE Main Event. May you rest in peace.

For those who didn't hear, per PW Insider:

Quote:
Main Event is not airing because of WWE's existing deal with the Sky network. With the WWE Network launching in the UK and Ireland on Monday, they are unable to broadcast Main Event into those countries due to the Sky deal. WWE Network is unable to block certain content based on location.
I will miss you, Main Event, though not as much as I would have if Michael Cole wasn't involved. I always adored how you had Cena three times in the signature at the start of the show even though he never once had a match on this show, and rarely was even on.

You gave us a **** (four star) match between the Shield and the Wyatts right after WM30, with Ambrose continuing to sell like he couldn't breathe after the match. Even if you did nothing else, it made sitting through all those Titus O'Neil matches worth it.

Old
01-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Virtanen18
SAMCRO

vCash: 800
I'm sure they'll try and work something out.

Virtanen18 is offline   Reply With Quote