HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

And here be our Swan Song. Canucks lose 5-1

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2014, 11:40 AM
ddawg1950

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canucker View Post
Mike is a hard worker and this injury he just started rehabbing. The last injury you speak of had little to do with his bouncing back not as strong. Sometimes there are other things going on that we as fans arent privy too, which is why I always laugh when someone is slumping, the HF answer is 'hes probably playing hurt'. These guys are human beings, believe me, some VERY simple people despite the money. After a full summer of rehab, I dont see that shoulder slowing him down. He wants to stay here, but obviously the Canucks have to make him an offer, and if they do it has to be something of market value.
I like Santo big time.

But I've also had a shoulder injury.

They can take a long time to feel normal again. I don't mean healed or re habbed.

I mean the play like you did before the injury type of feel normal again.

Old
03-30-2014, 11:51 AM
SgtToody

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
torts is an idiot for playing lack this many games in a row. I dont care about his ******** excuse that markstrom isn't ready, lack has needed a rest for some time. It's not as if Markstrom hasn't played in the league before. Playing one or two games this season isn't going to destroy Rollie's progress with him.
If he isn't ready, according to this coach, they should have called someone who was. What if Lack had to leave a game? How ready would Markstrom ever be when the coach essentially repeats he isn't NHL-ready, and watching a ROOKIE wear himself out in this keystone cops organization? Torts and Gillis should be shown the door ASAP, and hopefully a few other season ticket holders show the club that this is important.

Old
03-30-2014, 11:58 AM
josquin

Old
03-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
I haven't read through this whole discussion but Bieksa has to go. I understand he's injured, but he is part of this problem. This so-called leader let a player who basically just had thumb surgery stick up for him, without doing anything about it. In a blowout game, he disappears.

If this team is going to change the core going forward, some of the old guard has to go. Bieksa, Hansen, Edler and Hansen should all go in my opinion. Give the team to the kids, because these guys aren't able to get it done.

The ships gone down Kevin, time for you to float off somewhere else.

Old
03-30-2014, 02:05 PM
Upoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer44 View Post
I haven't read through this whole discussion but Bieksa has to go. I understand he's injured, but he is part of this problem. This so-called leader let a player who basically just had thumb surgery stick up for him, without doing anything about it. In a blowout game, he disappears.

If this team is going to change the core going forward, some of the old guard has to go. Bieksa, Hansen, Edler and Hansen should all go in my opinion. Give the team to the kids, because these guys aren't able to get it done.

The ships gone down Kevin, time for you to float off somewhere else.
In what world is Hansen part of our core...twice?

Old
03-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Art of Sedinery

I was at the game last night, does anyone know where I can find a video of the Kassian/Maroon "fight"? I didn't have a good view of it, want to see it again.

Old
03-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of Sedinery View Post
I was at the game last night, does anyone know where I can find a video of the Kassian/Maroon "fight"? I didn't have a good view of it, want to see it again.

Old
03-30-2014, 02:57 PM
nostalgicanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Thanks, I was trying to find that video too. That was the most prolonged turtle I've ever seen.

Old
03-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Fat Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgicanuck View Post
That was the most prolonged turtle I've ever seen.
He was winding up to deliver the mother of all haymakers. Good thing for Kassian the linesman stepped in.

Old
03-30-2014, 03:01 PM
nostalgicanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
He was winding up to deliver the mother of all haymakers. Good thing for Kassian the linesman stepped in.
Good thing for Maroon!

Old
03-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
For whatever reason he's not playing very well this season...he's slow, plodding and sloppy.
Injury plagued with a groin issue as Gallagher has also noted along with several other hockey writers.
(Y)ou might consider buying out Jason Garrison.

The defender who was so prominent last year after a slow start and earlier this season, particularly on the power play, has faded considerably, his chronic sore groins slowing him. Do they get better in the summer and cease to be a problem? Or do the problems recur?
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...249/story.html

Old
03-30-2014, 03:45 PM
thekernel

Quote:
Wow, what a pathetic display from Maroon. I bet Boudreau just wanted Kassian off the ice for 5 minutes

Old
03-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upoil View Post
In what world is Hansen part of our core...twice?
Oops, was hungover after last night. Meant Bieksa, Kesler, Edler and Hansen.

Old
03-30-2014, 04:33 PM
The President

vCash: 50
Trevor Linden has more hair then Getzlaf.

Old
03-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Bure All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL16 View Post
Trevor Linden has more hair then Getzlaf.
My 85 year old grandpa has more hair than Getzlaf

Old
03-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Injury plagued with a groin issue as Gallagher has also noted along with several other hockey writers.

The defender who was so prominent last year after a slow start and earlier this season, particularly on the power play, has faded considerably, his chronic sore groins slowing him. Do they get better in the summer and cease to be a problem? Or do the problems recur?
I wouldn't consider buying him out at all...but if I were GMMG I'd be a little more pro-active in getting him fixed...If this is something that is a recurring problem, or could hamper his game long term I'd get him in for surgery now rather than later. I'd want to know he's going to be ready to go next season at 100% ASAP...and if he isn't I'd like to know when he might be ready and if there is an opportunity to replace him with someone via free agency.

Old
03-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Bad Goalie

I have been trying to post a comment on the AHL thread and after it welcomes me in and returns me to the comment page it shows me not to have logged in. What gives?

Old
03-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Goalie View Post
I have been trying to post a comment on the AHL thread and after it welcomes me in and returns me to the comment page it shows me not to have logged in. What gives?
Should probably PM a mod or admin for tech support.

Old
03-31-2014, 12:40 PM
stuffradio

vCash: 291
I had a feeling I chose the wrong game to go to. I meant to go to the Whitecaps and not the Canucks game. I noticed there was a lot more cheering and complimenting Lack even after letting all the goals in. I also saw all the people leaving at the 50-55 minute mark.

Old
03-31-2014, 12:42 PM
BobbyJazzLegs
Sorry 4 Acting Werd

Quote:

Hahaha that's a bit ****ing extreme

Closed Thread