HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

A question regarding going to the game Tuesday

Old
03-21-2017, 10:12 PM
905PENS
Oskee wee wee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
Yes, you can visit the ship - its located in the Buffalo and Erie County Naval and Miltary Park. Website - http://buffalonavalpark.org/
Opening Day for the 2017 season is this Saturday, March 25.
Opened Every Day - Hours - March 25-October 31 - 10:00 am ET to 5:00 pm ET.
Park Admission - Individuals - Adult (17+) $12.00 - Child (6-16) $6.00 - Senior (60+) $8.00
Veterans receive a 10% discount on admission* - Active Duty receive FREE admission* - * Please mention your armed services status when purchasing your tickets.

Does this include Canadian armed forces? My friend is actually in the Canadian military. I guess ill find out when i go eh. Haha. You guys have a pretty nice arena too. I played myself by buying tickets AT the game. This time it will be Stubhub. I haven't been across the border since the election and was afraid id be turned away
Im also humbled by them playing both anthems. <3. Sang both proudly #BrotherlyloveEH

905PENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Samsonite23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905PENS View Post
Does this include Canadian armed forces? My friend is actually in the Canadian military. I guess ill find out when i go eh. Haha. You guys have a pretty nice arena too. I played myself by buying tickets AT the game. This time it will be Stubhub. I haven't been across the border since the election and was afraid id be turned away
Im also humbled by them playing both anthems. <3. Sang both proudly #BrotherlyloveEH
I still find both anthems really cool. Glad to see somebody appreciates it.

Samsonite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 10:17 PM
905PENS
Oskee wee wee

Ur beer still tastes like **** tho :-P. Jk i found a micro brew i enjoyed. Grabbed a blue before o found the good spot to go... . I had a pretty bone head moment too.. Im like... "Why is there mascot a big cat if their symbol is a buffalo....ugh... Dummy... Buffalo SabreS." I amaze myself sometimes with my stupidity

Last edited by 905PENS: 03-21-2017 at 10:26 PM.
905PENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 01:49 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Truthfully, im more concerned about getting across the border. My 68 year old uncle was denied entry because of fighting charger when he was 18..I also have one. Haha. Gonna buy tickets AFTER im across the border

*Normally not a fighter, but i caught somone breaking into my neighbours house and he attacked me. Somone called the cops and we both got a charge haha.
Glad you had a good time and saw your team win.

btw, I don't think in New York State you'd have been charged for that incident. Heck, I think you could have shot him and still not been charged. Unless of course the magazine in your semi-automatic held more than 7 rounds... (That's a NYS S.A.F.E. act "joke" which Ontarian's may not get.)

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 11:19 AM
Sansbacon

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Glad you had a good time and saw your team win.

btw, I don't think in New York State you'd have been charged for that incident. Heck, I think you could have shot him and still not been charged. Unless of course the magazine in your semi-automatic held more than 7 rounds... (That's a NYS S.A.F.E. act "joke" which Ontarian's may not get.)
Without more information regarding the attack, I don't think you should say things like this

Sansbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 12:04 PM
Sabre the Win
O'Reilly to Wing

With the comparison of Bills fans; yes Bills alley can be a daunting and rough place to stroll down while wearing another teams jersey but I have been to a few Eagles games in Philadelphia and that has to be the most intimidating and roughest fan base I have ever been apart of. They have a jail in the stadium thats almost always full at the end of the game. I wonder if their Flyers games are the same way?

Quote:
Ur beer still tastes like **** tho :-P. Jk i found a micro brew i enjoyed. Grabbed a blue before o found the good spot to go... . I had a pretty bone head moment too.. Im like... "Why is there mascot a big cat if their symbol is a buffalo....ugh... Dummy... Buffalo SabreS." I amaze myself sometimes with my stupidity
No your not dumb; the organization is dumb. Sabres is meant to be swords which we have on our jerseys. Instead of a mascot being a buffalo or a giant sword they chose a Jurassic creature that has nothing to do with the teams true identity.

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 01:28 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansbacon View Post
Without more information regarding the attack, I don't think you should say things like this
I thought the sarcasm emoticon wasn't necessary. It was a tongue-in-cheek inference to the difference in handgun laws between the two countries (admittedly in poor taste, given, for example the tragedy which befell former Sabre goaltender Don Edward's family).

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 02:05 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre the Win View Post
Sabres is meant to be swords which we have on our jerseys. Instead of a mascot being a buffalo or a giant sword they chose a Jurassic creature that has nothing to do with the teams true identity.
The reason the mascot is not a Buffalo is because they wanted to be different from the Bills - Bisons whose mascot is some form of a Buffalo.
Sabre = Sabretooth Tiger - hence the Sabres mascot looks like a cat. Yeah its not true identity but the mascot works ok for me. LOL the mascot being a giant sword though.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 03-23-2017 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Edit - Deleted Bandits from the "Buffalo" list since their mascot "Rax" is a racoon and not a buffalo.
LaxSabre is offline   Reply With Quote