HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stub hub tixs for Jan 10 2015 game against Jets

Old
08-28-2014, 11:23 PM
thesawch

vCash: 500
Stub hub tixs for Jan 10 2015 game against Jets

Ok just wondering if we wait till closer to game time in Jan to get our tixs to the kings/Jets game on Saturday Jan 10. Will there be a lot of tix available at a cheaper price then buying them through the Kings when they go on sale or are the Kings games tickets a hot item ? Thanks for all info in advance on availability and cost of tix closer to game time.

thesawch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

vCash: 592
Wait.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2014, 11:29 PM
thesawch

Wait ? Prices will drop you figure?

Old
08-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

In my experience yes. I always wait and get good deals. The Jets won't be a very high profile game (sorry Jets I like you, but it's the truth) so numerous tickets should be available.

Old
08-29-2014, 12:01 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Right now, $100 gets you in the lower bowl and that's only gonna go down. December & January is probably the best time to go to games, simply because of the volume of home games, basic supply & demand.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

Ditto.

Old
08-29-2014, 12:16 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesawch View Post
Ok just wondering if we wait till closer to game time in Jan to get our tixs to the kings/Jets game on Saturday Jan 10. Will there be a lot of tix available at a cheaper price then buying them through the Kings when they go on sale or are the Kings games tickets a hot item ? Thanks for all info in advance on availability and cost of tix closer to game time.
How many do you need?

I got four lower bowl tickets that I can sell to you for about $1.5 million each. But you have to wait until Tuesday next week, because my ticket forwarding doesn't kick in until then.

08-29-2014, 12:32 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
How many do you need?

I got four lower bowl tickets that I can sell to you for about $1.5 million each. But you have to wait until Tuesday next week, because my ticket forwarding doesn't kick in until then.
Ron brings it. Everyday

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

I was gonna mention Ron, but I figured he'd rip you off. Apparently he's getting desperate.

Old
08-29-2014, 12:48 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I was gonna mention Ron, but I figured he'd rip you off. Apparently he's getting desperate.
I am.

To think, just two seasons ago I was offering tickets for free. Then I got stupid and bought not two but four season tickets in the lower bowl and incurred the wrath of my GF.

So I need an infusion of cash. I'm kind of betting we make it to the third round again and I can atone for this stupidity. But let's face it, the only people I'm going to get to pony up a few million in cash for hockey tickets are Jet fans.

That includes "New York" Jet fans, who have been clueless for years.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

What a gentleman. Mahatma Gandhi would be proud.

Old
08-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
What a gentleman. Mahatma Gandhi would be proud.
Just as an aside, what in God's name did Hyori do to get banned? Or is he (she?) on 30-day hiatus?

Old
08-29-2014, 01:09 AM
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA

Well after the scene you made, no wonder she's gone! Next time tell her she looks fat in those jeans to finish it off.

Old
08-29-2014, 10:48 AM
thesawch

So any more serious advice for us to get our tix off stub hub? How cheap do you think the different levels of tixs may go for ? Thx in advance

Old
08-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesawch View Post
So any more serious advice for us to get our tix off stub hub? How cheap do you think the different levels of tixs may go for ? Thx in advance
You are asking us to predict the future.

Here is what I can tell you. It is a Saturday night game and the Kings have a sellout streak going back to 2011.
So, the game will sell out.

I would say that there is a better chance than not that ticket prices will only go up. But, Murphy's law being Murphy's law if you buy $100 tickets now you will find them for $75 at some point between now and the date of the game.
But conversely, if you don't buy those $100 tickets now, they will be $125 when you try to buy them later.

Pick your poison

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2014, 02:59 PM
redcard

Looking at stubhub right now, the cheapest seats available in my section are about twice as much as I would have received if I put them up a week before the game last January.

Being two time champions and having a season ticket waitlist might change that, but I'd be in no rush to buy them.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2014, 02:28 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I don't usually buy more than 12 hours before a game on stub hub, especially since you can print or pickup your stub hub tickets in LA live. I don't think you have to worry too much about prices going up for a regular season game, they will go down.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Seriously, no one is going to be clamoring to go to a Jets game in mid-January. No one in Los Angeles cares about the Jets, so you can wait right up until game time and get a great deal. Believe me, I know, I can't sell lower bowl seats for my cost for such games.

Chicago, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, etc. well that's all a different story. I can usually get premium for those seats. Even Vancouver, although since they sucked so bad last season they are on the fence now.

Old
08-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

The game isn't going to sell out when tickets go on sale so I would just wait and watch what prices do on the secondary market. If prices start to go up a bit as it gets closer, you might want to cut your losses and just buy the best priced tickets you can find. Odds are you'll be able to buy tickets for less than face value on either stub hub, Barry's tickets or ebay. Waiting for the day of the game might be risky if you're traveling far. If you find some tickets that are reasonably priced in an area that you want to sit, I'd just buy them. Do you really want to wait until the day of the game to try save every penny you can and risk paying more?

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote