HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Welcome #22 pick Jarred Tinordi!

Old
06-28-2010, 06:06 PM
maxpower2010*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Pierre Mcguire on the team990 believe he's going to play for London (ohl) next year from what its worth
He better.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Pierre Mcguire on the team990 believe he's going to play for London (ohl) next year from what its worth
I hope this is true!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Would be nice. It would probably mean he'd be overlooked for Team USA though, eh?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:21 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
Would be nice. It would probably mean he'd be overlooked for Team USA though, eh?
Not really, a few American CHL players played for the US Gold team. Fowler, Morin, Bourque, McRae and a couple others.

All I know is that a lot of high drafted players that are coached at some point by Dale Hunter turn out real good.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
TheBuriedHab

Holy crap if its true hes going to London im thrilled!

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
Im pretty sure that Tinordi is a lock for Team USA.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 06:47 PM
maxpower2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Not really, a few American CHL players played for the US Gold team. Fowler, Morin, Bourque, McRae and a couple others.

All I know is that a lot of high drafted players that are coached at some point by Dale Hunter turn out real good.
Carlson also, he even played in London.

maxpower2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Im pretty sure that Tinordi is a lock for Team USA.
Don't remember who checked it out, but someone said 2 guys who would have been there ahead of him are no longer eligible (due to age) and then said that he'd likely be a lock. Might have been markov79fan or whitesnake.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:13 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
London? Thats great news, I've heard alot of high praise from the coaching staff in London Ontario.

Although I don't remember where I read it but I heard he was going to North Dakota
If it was North Dakota I wouldn't be against it at all. North Dakota's one of (if not the) best development program in the NCAA. Imagine:

Jason Gregoire-Brock Nelson-Danny Kristo
Derek Forbort-Jarred Tinordi
Bradley Eidness

Unfortunately it's Notre Dame, so I'm hoping McGuire is right about London.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Also heard that McGuire seems pretty sure that Tinordi was heading towards London which makes me scratch my head a little......Listen back to the interview Tinordi gave on draft day, I really don't see a kid hesitating as far as where he was going to play. Only Mark said that we'd have to look at every option.....but kept mentioning that Jarred would want to go to College. And based on the fact that Mark said they'd have to speak to the Habs about it....and based on the fact that Gauthier and Co already said they would NEVER interfere with a guy wanting to go to College.....I'm expecting him to go to Notre-Dame

But again.....and I don't believe the way he said McGuire had any kind of info....but he seemed pretty sure of himself....But isn't he always like that though....

There is only 1 great news if he indeed goes to Notre-Dame.....a whole lot of free webcasts to watch our prospect......if it stays the same.....Wouldn't be surprised that they start charging some thing now that there's a Habs prospect in their ranks.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:25 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Is Notre-Dame a good defense men Developing team?

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Well I don't know. But they sure look like a good place to get a defensive system in the heads of their players. Now, while it might be great to see Tinordi perfect his defensive game....I also heard him saying how he'd like to join the rush more and bring a more offensive side to his game.....I'm afraid that's not in Notre-Dame that he'll learn that....but London would be the place.

Though like I said before, the kid could go in Notre-Dame one year...and head to London the next if he doesn't feel at ease and wants to perfect his game.

Anyway, either way there's pros and cons. This kid will rise when needed no matter where he plays.

Old
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
In recent history: (since 2000)

Notre Dame:
Ian Cole
Brett Lebda

London:
John Carlson
Matt Pelech
Bryan Rodney
Dan Girardi
Danny Syvret
Marc Methot
Dennis Wideman
Kyle Quincey
John Erksine

Just for fun:

North Dakota:
Taylor Chorney
Brian Lee
Matt Smaby
Matt Greene
David Hale
Mike Commodore

Old
06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well I don't know. But they sure look like a good place to get a defensive system in the heads of their players. Now, while it might be great to see Tinordi perfect his defensive game....I also heard him saying how he'd like to join the rush more and bring a more offensive side to his game.....I'm afraid that's not in Notre-Dame that he'll learn that....but London would be the place.

Anyway, either way there's pros and cons. This kid will rise when needed no matter where he plays.
Not sure if you agree, but I'd think that if we wanna keep that 'mean' side of his game intact for the bigs, we'd rather him play in london as well.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 08:42 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Not sure if you agree, but I'd think that if we wanna keep that 'mean' side of his game intact for the bigs, we'd rather him play in london as well.
I want him to get battle tested in 70+ games. Not 35-40 games of

Monday-Friday: Class, Flirt, Chill.
Saturday-Sunday: Hockey

Old
06-28-2010, 08:46 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I want him to get battle tested in 70+ games. Not 35-40 games of

Monday-Friday: Class, Flirt, Chill.
Saturday-Sunday: Hockey
The only problem is adding that 20-30 pounds he needs to become a physical force. In the NCAA he will follow strict training programs.

But of course the OHL builds his endurance and fighting ability, although I wouldn't want him to fight too often, he seems like the kind of guy you want to stay out there. Plus it would be cool for him to have that Larry Robinson type fighting mystique. Doesn't do it often, but when he does, you will pay big time.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Well I think that it's pretty much in him, enough to not lose it even if he tones it down a little. Now, I'd like to know that info.....while he's tough and defends his teamates....he's not exactly tremendous fightwise. I mean, la Komisarek, he'll have to back it up at what point. If so, then I'd suggest London. 'Cause he won't fight in Notre-Dame. Though, I'm not suggesting that he'd become a thug. But playing as hard as he will, people will come to him. He'll have to be prepare.

Old
06-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Also heard that McGuire seems pretty sure that Tinordi was heading towards London which makes me scratch my head a little......Listen back to the interview Tinordi gave on draft day, I really don't see a kid hesitating as far as where he was going to play. Only Mark said that we'd have to look at every option.....but kept mentioning that Jarred would want to go to College. And based on the fact that Mark said they'd have to speak to the Habs about it....and based on the fact that Gauthier and Co already said they would NEVER interfere with a guy wanting to go to College.....I'm expecting him to go to Notre-Dame

But again.....and I don't believe the way he said McGuire had any kind of info....but he seemed pretty sure of himself....But isn't he always like that though....

There is only 1 great news if he indeed goes to Notre-Dame.....a whole lot of free webcasts to watch our prospect......if it stays the same.....Wouldn't be surprised that they start charging some thing now that there's a Habs prospect in their ranks.
Where?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

I don't know if it was posted, but Tinordi would have been officialy gone at our origianal spot. Vancouver wanted either him or Beau Benneth.

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...et-les-sabres/

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Where?
Just an exemple on what you can find on all-access.cbssports.com. Again though, it's not all the games. But some of them. Not that it's important anymore, but people could see Riley Sheahan in that game, #4.

http://all-access.cbssports.com/play...d&media=153860

Old
06-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
honestly

yeah yeah, its great that hes 6"6

its cool hes above 200 pounds

its fantastic that hes a Defenseman, a type weve needed for some time

but the REAL thing im thrilled the most about this pick is that he was captain of that team, the NATIONAL american under 18 team, thats not just being captain of some junior triple A team...the american program takes things seriously and they know what they're doing... and i bet there are alot of punk kid attitudes when your a team filled with 17 year olds, its great to see HE was the "leader" of such a team

i love it.
At first I was thrilled because he was captain too. Now don't get me wrong, I love this pick. Given who we realistically had a chance to draft, he was number 1 or 2 on my list, but Chipchura was captain of Team Canada at the World Juniors. Just saying...

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 12:37 AM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
At first I was thrilled because he was captain too. Now don't get me wrong, I love this pick. Given who we realistically had a chance to draft, he was number 1 or 2 on my list, but Chipchura was captain of Team Canada at the World Juniors. Just saying...
Let's not forget Chips had a couple major injuries.
Also at the time he was drafted, we all knew he was going to be at best a 2nd line center. He was drafted more for his leadership and heart.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 08:35 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Yeah but he wasnt a 6'6'' agressive defensive defenceman. He was at best a third line center good defensively.

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Having leadership alone won't bring you to the NHL. Leadership doesn't mean you'll put up points on the board. What it means is that you have another card in you deck of your path of becoming a good NHL player.

Tinordi have leadership. Will he succeed? Who knows...but if he reached the NHL, he'll be able to be a leader.

And Chipchura isn't the best player, but he still can be a leader for Anaheim. I mean, Gorges is a good player for us, and an awesome leader. It doensn't mean he's a game changer in the offensive zone.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Habitants

i guess i am happy to have him, but i cant help bit think they gave too much would they have been better off with

EMERSON ETEM/BROCK NELSON
+
STEPHEN JOHNS

vs
JARRED TINORDI
+
MARK MACMILLAN

i think i would have preffered the first option...

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote