Notices

General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

General Rugby talk thread - II

Old
04-26-2017, 11:32 AM
karingoras

vCash: 500
help

I've been looking all over the internet about Rugby, where do i start to learn and study the sport? Thanks for the help!

karingoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
One of the best things about this All Blacks group is we aren't even really settled on a 15 yet, last year was meant to be a rebuilding phase instead they played the most dynamic Rugby we have seen at that level.

They may not have the established names of the 2005 group, but the type of speed and skill from the likes of both Saveas, the Ioanes, NMS, Naholo, Smith, Perenara, SBW, McKenzie, the Barretts, the wealth of attack is unparalleled, the rest of the world has barely even been exposed to most of these guys yet.

The biggest thing is Barrett as conductor, at the speed he plays the game, he's the maestro for this new All Blacks era.

That speed and skill is across the park too, guys like Coles, Savea, Ioane in the forwards who are like backs with all the forward attributes. Even someone like Retallick is incredibly skilled he barely gets the credit for it though because he's such a physical beast. The combination with him and Whitelock is the best lock pairing we have had.

If I had to pick a team today

Moody
Coles
Franks
Retallick
Whitelock
Kaino
Savea
Read
Perenara
Barrett
Savea
Crotty
ALB
Naholo
Smith

But there's so many options.
Can't wait for the games to start. And I agree with you, the AB's have an insane amount of ball handling talent throughout the lineup which creates mismatches across the field, I mean having a hooker than has the hands, speed, and skill of Coles is almost unfair to the other team. Leinert-Brown is a true revelation in the last year or so, when I watch him play I see a kid who has a chance to be one of the best centers we've ever seen on the pitch. This team is as deep as it ever was, despite the fact that it lost the likes of Mealamu, Richie, Carter etc. Cane, Smith, Dagg, Taylor, Cruden etc coming on off the bench is just insane. They'd be key players on any other team in the world.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote