HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2006-2016 Oilers Era .... The Decade That Was

Old
03-22-2017, 07:15 PM
McSpaghetti Monster

vCash: 500
2006 was the 1st season I have watched the Oilers from begining to end, I was in grade 8 then. It also happened to be the year we made the scf and was 1 game away from winning it all.

Since then I have probably missed 10 or so games and have subsequently been hooked to this team for better or worst. It will be an emotional day for me when we clinch, we've all been waiting for this for the longest time, we struck gold with McDavid (I was jumping up and down, looking like a clown when we won the lottery), battled 10 years of mis-management, trolling by other fans.. etc. They laugh now but you read the GDT's of great teams trending down and they are already jumping ship. We deserve McDavid, We deserve the playoffs, and the loudest fans in the world deserve to be cheering on our team for the near future. Cheers.

McSpaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 04:50 AM
SaltNPeca

Ohh the highs and lowes boys.

In 2006 our hands were sore from too many high 5's. I lost a whole Spring/Summer that year!

I was at the LA game when Yak slid.
I still have my Hemsky jersey and wear it with pride.
I always like Gags and Ralf Krueger.
The path to McDavid was paved by Eakins.

Let us be thankful for the bounty before us!

SaltNPeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 12:29 AM
The Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
Mactavish being brought back and hired as GM was the darkest day for me. That told me right there that Lowe was desperate and had no ****ing idea what he was doing. That press conference a couple hours later confirmed it for me. Eakins hiring was just a byproduct of that mess.
I think you are right. I don't hate MacT (I actually rather like him), but the day of his hiring as GM and the press-conference that followed is THE LOW POINT in the 45-year history of the Oilers' franchise. That was the moment when the fans/media's collective frustration met managements' own frustration (and, yeah, incompetence) head-on and the resulting message from the organization was... that Kevin Lowe's ring-collection and ego were more important than the team or its fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
From the debacle of Ryan Smyth being traded on the day of Mark Messier's jersey retirement...
Oh God, I think I had actually mentally blocked that out until you mentioned it.

Good God....

The Panther is offline   Reply With Quote