HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2014 - 15 Season

Old
12-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Big Bear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor22 View Post
Very interesting input on the above players. Any thoughts on players from the RSL loop?
Read what you said about Collins from Renfrew and then look at score sheet Plymouth vs London on Fri night Dec 12th

Big Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2014, 08:22 AM
Highstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Read what you said about Collins from Renfrew and then look at score sheet Plymouth vs London on Fri night Dec 12th
Big Bear, you have peeked my interest, but the game hasn't been played yet. Do you have a link for the game sheet you are referring to? And are you insinuating Collins is in the line up. If so, good for him.

Highstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Big Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highstic View Post
Big Bear, you have peeked my interest, but the game hasn't been played yet. Do you have a link for the game sheet you are referring to? And are you insinuating Collins is in the line up. If so, good for him.
It's on the Wolves twitter acct that he is gone to Plymouth and their next game is Fri night because he needs Immigration papers to go there

I called the GM to confirm before I wrote lol

Big Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Bobby Clarke

Trade

From the trade section on the EOJHL website, Arnprior Packers have acquired, Mendham from Almonte. Good trade for Arnprior solid 19 year old D man. Looks like Amonte is realizing to big of a climb to get back into playoff hunt!!

Bobby Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2014, 12:39 PM
xcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Clarke View Post
From the trade section on the EOJHL website, Arnprior Packers have acquired, Mendham from Almonte. Good trade for Arnprior solid 19 year old D man. Looks like Amonte is realizing to big of a climb to get back into playoff hunt!!
If that is the case, look for Barr and Davis to be moved soon as well, possibly together if any of the contenders have any OA cards left.

xcross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2014, 08:53 AM
Rideaufan1

Watched Winchester vs Prescott lastnight and finally seen what all the hype was about. Hawks look like they need some coaching no reason with all that talent to be sitting in the standings where they are. Flyers on the other hand definetly play for each other and played great road game.

Rideaufan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2014, 12:22 PM
eyeinthesky
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideaufan1 View Post
Watched Winchester vs Prescott lastnight and finally seen what all the hype was about. Hawks look like they need some coaching no reason with all that talent to be sitting in the standings where they are. Flyers on the other hand definetly play for each other and played great road game.
if Westport ever gets a full team out,i think they are the best team in the Rideau.the record does not show it right now,but the result will later if they can consistently ice there full team.i like Prescott and there game.they do really well with what they have.sort of a lunch-bucket team with a few scorers.goalies have been decent too.they seem to have all bought into whatever system they are given.i just really don't see them going too far in the post-season.a move here,a tinker there and any of Athens,brockville or gan can get through the Rideau.i still think a consistent full lineup in Westport wins the Rideau tho.on a sidenote,i think Athens has the best goaltending,so it will be interesting.they are all scrambling to get in the playoffs,prescott is not!sometimes teams that get in with a struggle are really dangerous in the playoffs.

eyeinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2014, 04:54 AM
Rangersfansince99
HFB Partner

Hey,

Is there anyone who want's to write a weekly report on the EOJHL for my website?

Let me know please!

Rangersfansince99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Jackbenimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeinthesky View Post
if Westport ever gets a full team out,i think they are the best team in the Rideau.the record does not show it right now,but the result will later if they can consistently ice there full team.i like Prescott and there game.they do really well with what they have.sort of a lunch-bucket team with a few scorers.goalies have been decent too.they seem to have all bought into whatever system they are given.i just really don't see them going too far in the post-season.a move here,a tinker there and any of Athens,brockville or gan can get through the Rideau.i still think a consistent full lineup in Westport wins the Rideau tho.on a sidenote,i think Athens has the best goaltending,so it will be interesting.they are all scrambling to get in the playoffs,prescott is not!sometimes teams that get in with a struggle are really dangerous in the playoffs.
Westport did have a full squad out on Thursday against Casselman (according to their GM on the radio)....the result was a 8-3 whipping and a very long bus ride home. I do agree that after Prescott its anyone's guess.

Jackbenimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2014, 10:06 AM
xcross

Almonte Exodus

From the EOJHL website;

15-Dec 2014 The Almonte Thunder trade the playing rights of Blair Barr to the Renfrew Timberwovles in exchange for two 2015-16 16-year old cards, a PDF and future considerations.

How many more will BW move before the deadline or before he is removed?

This deal should solidify Renfrew's already strong team, and I believe makes them the favorite to win it all.

Thoughts?

xcross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Rideaufan1

I will give casselman a lot of credit for the team they put together with some good quality kids and players, but there coaching staff has got to be the most immature and disrespectful coachs around. Witnessed the Vikings vs flyers game in Prescott in the afternoon and couldn't believe that a head coach would be yelling and taunting and saying obscenities to the players on the ice. Have heard a lot of people from around the league saying how classless there coachs are and saw it first hand. To bad cause they got a great club

Rideaufan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2014, 03:44 PM
KL14

Almonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcross View Post
From the EOJHL website;

15-Dec 2014 The Almonte Thunder trade the playing rights of Blair Barr to the Renfrew Timberwovles in exchange for two 2015-16 16-year old cards, a PDF and future considerations.

How many more will BW move before the deadline or before he is removed?

This deal should solidify Renfrew's already strong team, and I believe makes them the favorite to win it all.

Thoughts?
I just hope the Almonte ownership group never complains about lack of support from their fans or lack of support for the team from the community....because clearly the team's owners do not care about them...Almonte has traded away a winning team this year...loading up on 16 year cards so they can be a "farm team" for the equally successful Kanata Lasers....it is turning into a real joke..

On the Renfrew point...three lines that can score...and three lines that will each want 20 plus minutes per game...it is going to take some real bench management to deal with all those star players to keep them all happy....I think they should look for some D instead of forwards.

KL14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Bobby Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
I just hope the Almonte ownership group never complains about lack of support from their fans or lack of support for the team from the community....because clearly the team's owners do not care about them...Almonte has traded away a winning team this year...loading up on 16 year cards so they can be a "farm team" for the equally successful Kanata Lasers....it is turning into a real joke..

On the Renfrew point...three lines that can score...and three lines that will each want 20 plus minutes per game...it is going to take some real bench management to deal with all those star players to keep them all happy....I think they should look for some D instead of forwards.
Agree on your point about icetime, some big egos there. Likely paid a hefty fee for Barr, last year in playoff final,the rink was far from full in Renfrew hard to recoup that cash!!Barr is very good player but one of the top 3 will have to step aside, time will tell.

Old
12-15-2014, 07:40 PM
backrow

Quote:
Agree on your point about icetime, some big egos there. Likely paid a hefty fee for Barr, last year in playoff final,the rink was far from full in Renfrew hard to recoup that cash!!Barr is very good player but one of the top 3 will have to step aside, time will tell.
Barr has not had a Barr like season. Renfrew has to many stars and not enough grinders. Missing the meat and potatoes.

Mendham nice pick-up by the Packers nice fit on that roster. Solid Jr B d-man.

Wade ............. to be determined.

Thunder may want to relocate after this season.

backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2014, 08:14 PM
eyeinthesky
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbenimble View Post
Westport did have a full squad out on Thursday against Casselman (according to their GM on the radio)....the result was a 8-3 whipping and a very long bus ride home. I do agree that after Prescott its anyone's guess.
cassleman game 15 skaters,last game vs charlan 13 skaters.anyway my post is about the Rideau division,and who will win.other than whatever happened against the hawks,vikings are pretty strong against the whole league.

eyeinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Bobby Clarke

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
Barr has not had a Barr like season. Renfrew has to many stars and not enough grinders. Missing the meat and potatoes.

Packers by adding another Dman was a good move as they seem to have some injuries on back end, with Plashy in net who knows what they could do. Deschamps seems to be finding his stride in Arnprior. Stitty just hanging around do not count them out lots of talent just added another forward if he comes down from JR A. Shawville could suprise, they work very hard. Renfrew will finish a top the division to far out in front to catch. Looks like all the moves happening now Jan 10th may be boring.

Old
12-15-2014, 09:10 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Packers by adding another Dman was a good move as they seem to have some injuries on back end, with Plashy in net who knows what they could do. Deschamps seems to be finding his stride in Arnprior. Stitty just hanging around do not count them out lots of talent just added another forward if he comes down from JR A. Shawville could suprise, they work very hard. Renfrew will finish a top the division to far out in front to catch. Looks like all the moves happening now Jan 10th may be boring.
Forward added by Stittsville? A Kanata player with 4 points is going to have a huge impact in Jr B...unlikely.

valleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Highstic

Quote:
Arnprior becoming stronger as season moves along, and their #1 tender can be a game stealer. Rams will not advance past first round unless they can pick up 2 strong Dmen. Heard Penner and Redman may be back soon, but suspect they will take some time to be game ready. Another forward is not the solution in Stitts IMO they need better D to be contenders. They have lots of depth up front, but any games i have seen this year their blue line has struggled. Championship teams are typically built from the back end out. Shawville has good special teams, and is very physical, I agree that they could be a spoiler.

Old
12-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Taylor22

Past weekend prospects game

I watched the first game Valley/St. Lawrence and I thought the game was choppy with no flow or direction. I did miss the first few minutes as I was talking to a few folks I knew. Here are my thoughts.

Valley:

- Carter didn't contribute on the score sheet although he was a threat with his speed and puck handling skills. This kid is a nice skater and fast as hell. He could of had a couple goals during the game but the puck wasn't bouncing his way.
-Surprised to see a couple kids do very well (Rouleau and Hauschild) even though they have contributed very little during regular season. They certainly played with heart and conviction as they drove the net and corners hard.
-Ramalho was a big brute on the ice who scored a goal but he fumbled the puck quite a bit and made some bad passes. I still see him as a liability on the ice at times.
-John Rosein I thought he played a pretty good game

St. Lawrence:

- Casselman had 3 players who already had some chemistry whereas other players struggled to connect with linemates.
-Wensink and Plante were nice to watch and Hebert was the 3rd wheel at times as he is a tall lanky kid who seemed to be too individualized as a player.
- Plante looked really good and had the whole package.
- Markell seemed more strategic than Carter as he relied on hockey intuition, puck placement and anticipation rather than straight line speed and skill. Always a threat around the net as he missed a couple golden opportunities.
- Duguay and Porirer both looked good during the game as D-man

All in all I felt the game was boring but this was not unexpected. The St. Lawrence team had a few kids that should not have been playing as they struggled up and down the ice. There sure were several scouts there from several leagues. I am curious who they were watching as a few of the better players are already drafted in the OHL. Thoughts?

Taylor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Highstic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor22 View Post
I watched the first game Valley/St. Lawrence and I thought the game was choppy with no flow or direction. I did miss the first few minutes as I was talking to a few folks I knew. Here are my thoughts.

Valley:

- Carter didn't contribute on the score sheet although he was a threat with his speed and puck handling skills. This kid is a nice skater and fast as hell. He could of had a couple goals during the game but the puck wasn't bouncing his way.
-Surprised to see a couple kids do very well (Rouleau and Hauschild) even though they have contributed very little during regular season. They certainly played with heart and conviction as they drove the net and corners hard.
-Ramalho was a big brute on the ice who scored a goal but he fumbled the puck quite a bit and made some bad passes. I still see him as a liability on the ice at times.
-John Rosein I thought he played a pretty good game

St. Lawrence:

- Casselman had 3 players who already had some chemistry whereas other players struggled to connect with linemates.
-Wensink and Plante were nice to watch and Hebert was the 3rd wheel at times as he is a tall lanky kid who seemed to be too individualized as a player.
- Plante looked really good and had the whole package.
- Markell seemed more strategic than Carter as he relied on hockey intuition, puck placement and anticipation rather than straight line speed and skill. Always a threat around the net as he missed a couple golden opportunities.
- Duguay and Porirer both looked good during the game as D-man

All in all I felt the game was boring but this was not unexpected. The St. Lawrence team had a few kids that should not have been playing as they struggled up and down the ice. There sure were several scouts there from several leagues. I am curious who they were watching as a few of the better players are already drafted in the OHL. Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure they were there to watch Markell and Carter, amongst a few other undrafted older players. i am not 100% sure but i don't think either were selected in the "O" draft this spring. Markell looked a bit thicker than Carter, and was a constant presence around the net. He isn't as fast as Carter, and I'm not too sure he's gonna get much bigger. He is going to be an effective CCHL player next year in Cornwall for sure and he was entertaining to watch. He is putting up some good numbers in Char lan and I'm sure he will continue to perform well during the back end of the season. Carter surprised me with his grit and tenacity in the corners, in fact he bounced up quickly after a late cheap shot in the 3rd period, by a much larger player, and also laid some solid checks himself and was fearless in the corners. His skill and speed were never in question. IMO if he can beef up a bit and get a bit stronger, while maintaining his speed he has the tools to make the jump to the "O" or the "Q" next season. Both of these 16 year old players have demonstrated good hockey sense and skate well both with and without the puck. Markell is a smart opportunistic player while Carter's speed and skill have you wondering every shift what he's going to do next. I believe that Dodds and Ellis are both undrafted players as well and they both looked very solid in net for the Valley on the weekend. Duguay and Poirier both had strong games on D for St Lawrence. Duguay's sheer size is impressive and for a big player is fairly mobile and uses his reach and stick well. Poirier is a bit smaller but a great skater and was physical at the right times. Not sure if these 2 were drafted, but if not, theynmay have attracted some attention from the scouts. As a side note i must say I was really surprised by St Lawrence's MVP selection as IMO opinion #11 Plante from Cassleman was one of the strongest players in the ice ever shift.

Old
Yesterday, 12:02 PM
90 blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post

Barr always had a STAR to make him look good. He is a little better then avg JR b player. I think a bad trade, time will tell.

90 blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yesterday, 09:38 PM
Maple Leaf Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 blues View Post
Barr always had a STAR to make him look good. He is a little better then avg JR b player. I think a bad trade, time will tell.

Barr is a 300 career point man in this league and that alone makes him "a little better then avg JR B player" .....has played on average hockey teams ....the kid could have played CJ ....worn the C for numerous years.....I' m a PBW fan but this young man deserves a shot at a championship.

Maple Leaf Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 01:12 AM
bartsky

We'll see how Barr does in the frew, I don't see them making it past the valley. IMO, it will be Renfrew vs. Stittsville in the Valley finals, with Couvrette stealing the show. Going to be some exciting hockey this next month or so.

bartsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Today, 11:51 AM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsky View Post
We'll see how Barr does in the frew, I don't see them making it past the valley. IMO, it will be Renfrew vs. Stittsville in the Valley finals, with Couvrette stealing the show. Going to be some exciting hockey this next month or so.
I would be more concerned about Arnprior and Plaschy. Who ever meets them in the first round could have a long series.

hockey91 is online now   Reply With Quote