HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Prust hit on Stepan Pt. 3 (Suspended Two Games) (Mod Warning in OP)

Old
05-27-2014, 02:45 PM
number 11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Eriksson View Post
That angle makes the Gryba hit all the more of a beauty.

Eller got his face rearranged by the ice, not Gryba's shoulder to his chest.
ughh this again?

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:37 PM
BleedinBLUEsince92

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Is this supposed to be a serious post? If so, thank you for illustrating that you have no actual knowledge of medical treatment and detection equipment. X-rays are actually very unreliable compared to more in-depth magnetic scans like MRIs and CTs (the latter of which was what revealed Stepan's injury). Serious injuries are missed by initial x-rays all the time.

So no, your assertion that Stepan's jaw was somehow broken at another time after being drilled in the jaw by Prust's shoulder is mind-numbingly preposterous. Then again, it's right in line with many of the other claims I've seen made in this series, so perhaps I shouldn't be that surprised.
Lol not to mention even initial MRI scans can miss serious injuries. With shoulder injuries all the time they have to do an MRI with contrast dye to really figure out what's wrong. I just don't understand how somebody could honestly be that ignorant. Also how people think Stepan wouldn't be able to yell after impact like that is extremely laughable. It's called adrenaline. I'm an exercise science major the human body can do some fascinating things believe it or not

BleedinBLUEsince92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:42 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
Yes. The lengths the Rangers will go to justify Prust being suspended for 2 games is mind boggling...but hey...playoff hockey...we still have Price out hoping the NHL might change their mind and give Kreider something...or at least force him to show some kind of remorse, and absolve Emelin of all blame.
What's he supposed to show remorse for? Getting a prime breakaway opportunity taken away in a ECF game because a guy is too slow and had to trip him? Kreider could have been hurt just as bad if not worse, look at Miller messing his shoulder up from a love tap into the post.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:43 PM
MeticulouslyDishevel

Quote:
Is this supposed to be a serious post? If so, thank you for illustrating that you have no actual knowledge of medical treatment and detection equipment. X-rays are actually very unreliable compared to more in-depth magnetic scans like MRIs and CTs (the latter of which was what revealed Stepan's injury). Serious injuries are missed by initial x-rays all the time.

So no, your assertion that Stepan's jaw was somehow broken at another time after being drilled in the jaw by Prust's shoulder is mind-numbingly preposterous. Then again, it's right in line with many of the other claims I've seen made in this series, so perhaps I shouldn't be that surprised.
Add in the fact that the x-ray taken in the locker room was most likely read by an orthopaedic surgeon or sports med doc rather than a radiologist...

MeticulouslyDishevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:44 PM
luthar

Quote:

By your statement, if X-ray reveled nothing and X-ray are unreliable, how can it be impossible that a later incident caused the injury? There might be a slight possibility, yet I'm sure your experience would lead to an improbable but not impossible possibility.

luthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 03:56 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by luthar View Post
By your statement, if X-ray reveled nothing and X-ray are unreliable, how can it be impossible that a later incident caused the injury? There might be a slight possibility, yet I'm sure your experience would lead to an improbable but not impossible possibility.
Jaws are pretty hard to fracture, weird how the only time it happens is when you take a slapshot to the face or a hit like Prust's huh

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:00 PM
luthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Jaws are pretty hard to fracture, weird how the only time it happens is when you take a slapshot to the face or a hit like Prust's huh
How about documenting the *hard to fracture* and *only time it happens* with medical cases statistics? Common knowledge is not a fact

If your not a MD, your opinion on this is irrelevant.

luthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

McQuire was on OTR at 5pm. Said he talked to people in the know about Stephan. Was told he's feeling better today. Last couple of day's weren't too good though.

Got to hand it to him, what a method actor he is........(Mod Edit)

Last edited by Homeland Security: 05-27-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Edit
Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:36 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Why don't you offer an example of a later incident that might have caused a broken jaw? Because we all saw him get drilled in the jaw by Prust's shoulder, so we don't have to provide another incident. You're the ones who are trying to make the case that some other unknown incident was the real cause despite the fact that there's a blatantly obvious cause staring you in the face.

The head-in-the-sand mentality of some of you people is truly amazing.

I know, why don't we start speculating that Price hurt his knee when Zuccarello faked him out of his pads on the Rangers' fourth goal in Game 1, and not when Kreider crashed into him? After all, Price came back on the ice after Kreider collided with him, so you can't prove that that incident was the cause. In fact, I bet Price isn't really hurt at all, and he's just biding his time for a big emotional comeback later in the series.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Yes. The lengths the Rangers will go to justify Prust being suspended for 2 games is mind boggling...but hey...playoff hockey...we still have Price out hoping the NHL might change their mind and give Kreider something...or at least force him to show some kind of remorse, and absolve Emelin of all blame.
Are you finally getting sarcastic about this whole Kreider/ Price thing, or do you actually believe this?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 04:55 PM
haveandare

Quote:
How about documenting the *hard to fracture* and *only time it happens* with medical cases statistics? Common knowledge is not a fact

If your not a MD, your opinion on this is irrelevant.

The burden of proof is on the person who claims bones are hard to break, and don't just break randomly. While we're at it, let's prove that the sky is indeed blue and water is indeed wet.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:03 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post

The burden of proof is on the person who claims bones are hard to break, and don't just break randomly. While we're at it, let's prove that the sky is indeed blue and water is indeed wet.
there's example that shouldnt be used to prove a point, the sky being blue is one of them.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:07 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
A jaw injury that they claim was suffered early in a game, mouthed of to players and ref's alike, missed a shift to get x-rays which came back negative, came back and played a full game without shying away from any contact whatsoever...

Under process of a court of law (NOT that the DoPS is a court of law, because their only law is the wheel of justice), the assessment of the Rangers medical staff and the negative x-ray would state that Prusts hit did not cause the break.

Your story that "Prust broke his jaw, the x-ray missed it" is just as likely as "Prust didnt break his jaw, it broke at another point in time".
He had surgery dude, you think he did this to save face? Us getting beat sucks, I know. Stepan had surgery, like seriously, wakeup.

Last edited by Trance Kuja: 05-27-2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Not needed.
habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
there's example that shouldnt be used to prove a point, the sky being blue is one of them.
True. Everyone knows Emelin tripped the sky into that vat of blue paint.

Old
05-27-2014, 05:18 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
True. Everyone knows Emelin tripped the sky into that vat of blue paint.
at least you tried.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:26 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
at least you tried.

What exactly is your point? I said that Stepan's jaw didn't spontaneously combust. You answered with two unrelated comments. Do you disagree? Why?

Old
05-27-2014, 05:41 PM
dukeofjive

Quote:
Not at all what I said, but nice try. I'm saying I'm glad that I don't root for a team whose coach, players, and by extension, many fans, have criticized and accused a guy of embellishing a jaw injury that required surgery. Though I don't understand why hearing BS like that would make someone more proud to be a fan of that team, but to each his own.
Cool story bro, when avery played for the rangers i did not attack 1 fan for is ice antics, did you feel shame ?

dukeofjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Donny Bomby
Bunch of Bangerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
He had surgery dude, you think he did this to save face? Us getting beat sucks, I know. Stepan had surgery, like seriously, wakeup.
Yes

Donny Bomby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I'm just not certain how thinking like this can occur. Amazing.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
Yes
I think Stepan will be back for game 6. He is waiting for Prust to be back so he can face him gain...

Edit: Looks like they might force him to play...

"The only way he's going to play [Tuesday night] is if he gets full medical clearance," Vigneault said. "This is not going to be up to him. It's going to be up to our medical staff to make sure that they feel he can play. There's a lot of things that have to fall into place for him to play."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads

Last edited by Crosbyfan: 05-27-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 06:41 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
I think Stepan will be back for game 6. He is waiting for Prust to be back so he can face him gain...

Edit: Looks like they might force him to play...

"The only way he's going to play [Tuesday night] is if he gets full medical clearance," Vigneault said. "This is not going to be up to him. It's going to be up to our medical staff to make sure that they feel he can play. There's a lot of things that have to fall into place for him to play."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...d=nhl:topheads
Or, he wants to play but medical clearance wasn't going to let him due to dangers

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Wait. What? Is this for real?

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence Of The Plams View Post
Or, he wants to play but medical clearance wasn't going to let him due to dangers
He's in though. I am of the opinion that he will play well, in spite of the distraction of the extra protection.

Which begs the question: Why do they not always wear it, if they are able to play as well with it?

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote