HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Despres on his way out

Old
01-20-2014, 01:47 PM
usefulfiction

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
If the Stars want Despres, it's Chiasson coming back.
And considering that's not happening straight up, why keep beating that dead horse?

usefulfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usefulfiction View Post
And considering that's not happening straight up, why keep beating that dead horse?
Earlier in the season I'd have agreed that the Pens would add, but Chaisson has been significantly less impressive lately. I wouldn't add to get him. Despres would immediately help the Stars blue line, if they wouldn't do the trade straight up so be it.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 01:56 PM
aloonda
fear the rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
If the Stars want Despres, it's Chiasson coming back.

I would do that right now.

We would have to get rid of some dead weight dmen though to free up contracts

aloonda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Vokouna Maattata
Save us, Beau!

Quote:
Well then the Stars aren't getting Despres. Easy enough.

Vokouna Maattata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
High Flying Birds

Quote:
I'd like to know what you'd think the Pens would have to add to get Chiasson? Surely it can't be much in addition to Despres. Their value isn't that far apart IMO.

High Flying Birds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 02:27 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Earlier in the season I'd have agreed that the Pens would add, but Chaisson has been significantly less impressive lately. I wouldn't add to get him. Despres would immediately help the Stars blue line, if they wouldn't do the trade straight up so be it.
Yeah I've caught a few Stars games lately. He seems like he needs some time in the AHL after a hot start to his NHL career. Despres is more of an NHLer at this point.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Starry Knight

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Yeah I've caught a few Stars games lately. He seems like he needs some time in the AHL after a hot start to his NHL career. Despres is more of an NHLer at this point.
Many things factor into his struggles lately. First, the team around him is horrible right now. The stars are doing no favours to him. Secondly, he was extremely sick earlier in the year and lost something like 20 pounds. As well, his game isn't exactly the greatest fit to the Stars right now. Most of the players on the team are incredibly fast skaters and leave him in the dust when they rush up the ice. A team that focuses more on the cycle and sustained offensive zone time would allow Chiasson to rack up points. All these problems aside, he is still third in team scoring. Great player that has just hit a bit of a wall in his rookie season.

Starry Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 02:40 PM
SteelFish87

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloonda View Post
I would do that right now.

We would have to get rid of some dead weight dmen though to free up contracts
it would be a trade that benefits both teams

SteelFish87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Corban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Knight View Post
Many things factor into his struggles lately. First, the team around him is horrible right now. The stars are doing no favours to him. Secondly, he was extremely sick earlier in the year and lost something like 20 pounds. As well, his game isn't exactly the greatest fit to the Stars right now. Most of the players on the team are incredibly fast skaters and leave him in the dust when they rush up the ice. A team that focuses more on the cycle and sustained offensive zone time would allow Chiasson to rack up points. All these problems aside, he is still third in team scoring. Great player that has just hit a bit of a wall in his rookie season.
I really don't know much at all about this kid (Chiasson), except from what I have read here. But if what you said about him being "left in the dust" because of the speed of the players he is on the ice with is true, that is something to take note of and not in a good way. One of the things that has been said is if/when the Pens do acquire a new winger, that they are able to skate. Especially if he is to be along side Sid. Now like I said I'm not familiar with this kid, so maybe his speed issue is from that sickness that you stated? But since there has/seems to be much love for him from a Pens point of view, I would assume that these posters have already taken his speed into account.

Just for the record, I'm one that would love/want to keep SD. But if he must be moved (and I'm not sure he has to be), he should be packaged or traded for a winger for our top 6, that we have contract control and no dam rentals!

Corban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Starry Knight

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban View Post
I really don't know much at all about this kid (Chiasson), except from what I have read here. But if what you said about him being "left in the dust" because of the speed of the players he is on the ice with is true, that is something to take note of and not in a good way. One of the things that has been said is if/when the Pens do acquire a new winger, that they are able to skate. Especially if he is to be along side Sid. Now like I said I'm not familiar with this kid, so maybe his speed issue is from that sickness that you stated? But since there has/seems to be much love for him from a Pens point of view, I would assume that these posters have already taken his speed into account.

Just for the record, I'm one that would love/want to keep SD. But if he must be moved (and I'm not sure he has to be), he should be packaged or traded for a winger for our top 6, that we have contract control and no dam rentals!
I may have overstated his speed issues a little bit. Lately he's been playing with Roussel and Eakin who are very North-South and fast players. If he was in any different systems there would be very little mention of his footspeed.

Starry Knight is online now   Reply With Quote