HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Champions Hockey League opens in August 2014 [without KHL Teams]

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanskog View Post
When did he?
Go search the Expansion thread, it was mentioned there.

Old
05-03-2014, 05:36 AM
Domenica

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post

You don't even know how great town Kuopio is. It has fish *****, culture just as much as any european town, and dialect just as romantic as the Language of Paris.
Hilarious.

Old
05-03-2014, 06:20 AM
Exarz

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Exarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
No, the whole UK region is not a target for KHL, Medvedev's admitted it even.
Too bad! It feels like the UK region would be a better place to attract better North American players

Old
05-03-2014, 08:29 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulverapa View Post
Skellefteå - Nottingham 22-1 was not a joke... But the other text was a joke. Good for them if they have 5000 in the stands. Don't expect a miracle from Nottingham, they will be "the Tahiti" of this tournament.
It would not be 22-1, we're probably gonna ice half our junior team in this tournament.

I don't mind the additions, it's not a best on best tournament after all. A Skellefteåfan who "designs" some of Skellefteås tifos (like this) lives near Nottingham nowadays, I'm sure he and his friends would love if we faced them. And I would get a reason to visit.

Old
05-03-2014, 10:13 AM
SCBdude
SC Bern 1931 / NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
It would not be 22-1, we're probably gonna ice half our junior team in this tournament.

I don't mind the additions, it's not a best on best tournament after all. A Skellefteåfan who "designs" some of Skellefteås tifos (like this) lives near Nottingham nowadays, I'm sure he and his friends would love if we faced them. And I would get a reason to visit.
That sure is one sweet tifo

Old
05-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Turkued

Sheffield

Nothing against Nottingham, but Sheffield is the one English club with the arena, support and potential to leap to the next level. The arena holds just under 12,000 with room for expansion at one end. Good motorway access, dedicated tram stop, capable of pulling from Leeds,, Manchester and, yes, Nottingham if they were in a league a level above. But..

...the Sheffield - Nottingham rivalry is every bit as intense as Jokerit-HIFK. Just on a bit smaller scale, but only a bit.

Old
05-06-2014, 02:30 PM
frank16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkued View Post
Nothing against Nottingham, but Sheffield is the one English club with the arena, support and potential to leap to the next level. The arena holds just under 12,000 with room for expansion at one end. Good motorway access, dedicated tram stop, capable of pulling from Leeds,, Manchester and, yes, Nottingham if they were in a league a level above. But..

...the Sheffield - Nottingham rivalry is every bit as intense as Jokerit-HIFK. Just on a bit smaller scale, but only a bit.
The Sheffield arena actually holds about 8,650 for hockey events (8,300 seats +350 in boxes) - http://www.sheffieldsteelersihc.co.u...t-arena-s14607. Nottingham's arena holds just above 7,000 so not a lot of difference. Nottingham's arena is also much nicer and a much better arena to watch a game of hockey

Games between Nottingham and Sheffield always sell-out. Think there was a game this season when Nottingham sold it out about a month in advance

Old
05-06-2014, 04:59 PM
quartus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkued View Post
Seriously, remove a Swedish team and add Sheffield!

Old
05-13-2014, 02:11 PM
IJKPrinciple

The website is online (there was a placeholder before): http://www.championshockeyleague.net
The Facebook page is active: https://www.facebook.com/championshockeyleague

They also released a video clip:

But I'm not really impressed by it. And also - best players, best teams, etc. What? Without KHL teams or having a match between CHL and KHL champion - you can't claim that, I'm sorry.

Old
05-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Ivan94

http://www.championshockeyleague.net...eams-ranked/7/

Old
05-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Exarz

Even though Skellefteå might be the best ranked team, shouldn't Kärpät be ranked as number one since JYP won the European Trophy last season?

Old
05-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Ivan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exarz View Post
Even though Skellefteå might be the best ranked team, shouldn't Kärpät be ranked as number one since JYP won the European Trophy last season?
"The 44 teams have been ranked and placed into four baskets of 11 teams each. Following the draw, each group will consist of one team from each basket. The following criteria was used to rank the teams:

1. Champions of the six founding leagues,

2. Regular season winners of the six founding leagues,

3. Remaining A- and B-license teams according to placing within their leagues,

4. Wild card teams, according to placing finish within their leagues.

Where teams finished in the same place in their respective leagues, they are ranked according to the IIHF World Ranking of the leagues."

Old
05-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Exarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
"The 44 teams have been ranked and placed into four baskets of 11 teams each. Following the draw, each group will consist of one team from each basket. The following criteria was used to rank the teams:

1. Champions of the six founding leagues,

2. Regular season winners of the six founding leagues,

3. Remaining A- and B-license teams according to placing within their leagues,

4. Wild card teams, according to placing finish within their leagues.

Where teams finished in the same place in their respective leagues, they are ranked according to the IIHF World Ranking of the leagues."
Edit: Sorry, missed the last part about the world ranking

Old
05-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Since the KHL isn't involved, the proper place to talk about this tournament is in the International Tournaments board and in the thread that's already there: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...500347&page=10

Old
05-14-2014, 01:37 PM
quartus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Since the KHL isn't involved, the proper place to talk about this tournament is in the International Tournaments board and in the thread that's already there: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...500347&page=10
It was mentioned already in the first posts of this thread that since this is a response to the KHL expansion it was sort of sensible to have a thread of it here.

Old
05-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartus View Post
It was mentioned already in the first posts of this thread that since this is a response to the KHL expansion it was sort of sensible to have a thread of it here.
Since a majority of the posts seem to consist of putting down something that hasn't been in seen yet (in true HFBoards style) and trying to spread negative propaganda, I don't see the point of this thread being in this section anymore. It would be better to either merge with the one I linked or close it.

Old
05-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

^^^ I agree Jussi, and best we just Close it. Irrelevant to the KHL at this time. Redundant.

Fini

Closed Thread